Tower of Terror alternative

Patcheslee

Original Poster
What is a good alternative to Tower of Terror FP? Currently we plan to do Toy Story and Stars Tours, and RD Rockin'. But one type of ride DD8 doesn't like is drop towers. She has been on one at Kings Island which is only 40 ft tall and didn't care for it, all other types of rides: looping coasters, really fast, ect. she loves to go on. We booked the Fantasmic dinner so it doesn't make sense to use it there either.

belledream

FP selection at HS is a ghost town. Your only other option is a show really. I’d recommend Frozen over Indiana Jones just because Frozen still has the ability to draw crowds. Muppets might not be a bad choice either if you want something more casual.

Daveeeeed

What is a good alternative to Tower of Terror FP? Currently we plan to do Toy Story and Stars Tours, and RD Rockin'. But one type of ride DD8 doesn't like is drop towers. She has been on one at Kings Island which is only 40 ft tall and didn't care for it, all other types of rides: looping coasters, really fast, ect. she loves to go on. We booked the Fantasmic dinner so it doesn't make sense to use it there either.
Has she been on the Tower of Terror before? Because I personally hate drop towers but the Tower of Terror is my favorite ride and I am terrified of heights. It is also one of the best attractions in the world: easily top 10. I'm assuming she hasn't and if she can take ROCK n' Rollercoaster she can definitely take on Tower of Terror which is the far superior attraction.

The Great Movie Ride, Ariel and B&TB would probably be your best replacement for The Tower, but all of you can go on it and it is rather silly to not ever try it if you like thrill rides.

For instance my mom hates thrill rides (she refuses to ride even Test Track!) but she rode Forbidden Journey at Universal because we rarely go to Universal and she didn't want to miss the best ride.

(Here's a tip: Star Tours has significantly reduced wait times in bad weather and between the fireworks and Fantasmic! So you might not even need Fastpasses for that)

Last edited:

21stamps

You may want to watch a video of ToT.. it is NOTHING like Drop Tower at KI. It's more of a small and tame drop/bounce type of ride..not an actual drop ride... don't know if that makes sense.lol..but maybe let her watch the video on YouTube and go from there.

Patcheslee

Original Poster
You may want to watch a video of ToT.. it is NOTHING like Drop Tower at KI. It's more of a small and tame drop/bounce type of ride..not an actual drop ride... don't know if that makes sense.lol..but maybe let her watch the video on YouTube and go from there.
Thanks, I forgot about drop tower being there. The one she rode was in the kiddie area when does the bouncing up and down. Don't know why she just wanted off and started to cry. But at the same time the kid has done the sling shot (strapped into a ball and shot into the air that bounces up and down) loved it, wanted to go again, and gave me a heart attack just watching with ride with her dad. She's a hard one to judge

21stamps

Thanks, I forgot about drop tower being there. The one she rode was in the kiddie area when does the bouncing up and down. Don't know why she just wanted off and started to cry. But at the same time the kid has done the sling shot (strapped into a ball and shot into the air that bounces up and down) loved it, wanted to go again, and gave me a heart attack just watching with ride with her dad. She's a hard one to judge
Oh ok..yeah I know the one in Planet Snoopy, wasn't thinking about that.

If she's done the slingshot and like roller coasters my vote is -- have her try ToT! Really, I think she may surprise you and love it.

Obviously you know your daughter better than me, but ToT is so amazingly themed and the drop is so mild that I really do hope that she tries it!

My son loved the slingshot at age 5, Drop Tower and the Vortex are his favorite rides (he's 48" so can't do Diamondback and Banshee yet) but then one day when we went to do the Extreme Skyflyer.. after waiting half an hour, harnessed up, in the crane thing that flips you on your stomach, he starts crying!! Not just a little cry, but a "I don't want to go!" Cry. We hadn't taken off yet so they flipped us back over, talked to him for a bit.. he refused to go, so they unhooked us and took us back to the ground. I was shocked..imo that's a much tamer ride than a slingshot or Drop Tower.
He did end up doing it a few weeks later, when there were kids close to his age in line. Ended up loving it. Kids can be weird.lol

Please let us know what happens. My money is on the side of her lovin' it and asking to go again :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom