Touringplans.com

LaceyLC

A friend recommended this site and said they hardly had to wait in line at all. I have already set our ADRs and FP+ reservations, so how much good would this do me? Is it worth it, especially at this point? Based on their crowd calendar, the parks we are visiting are set to be a 6 each day. I have done a lot of research and have an idea of what we want to do (2 parents and 2 small kids), but I also don't want to be running from attraction to attraction. Thanks!

I love touringplans.com if only to set some guidelines for the day. It allows you to put your FP and dining reservations into the plan so it works around your schedule AND you have all your times and confirmation numbers all together on one page when you print it.

I always make touring plans just because it lets you know the prime times int he day to go on something. And if you don't want to do it then toss the plan and do what you feel like doing! It's Disney, do what you feel like dong in the moment :)

Some good tips I've learned while using touring plans however are to play around with it once you optimize your plans for the day. I usually keep rides that are close to each other next to each other on my list of things to do and even if it adds a few minute of waiting in line I'd prefer that over running back and forth across the park all day. I also usually leave a few 30 mins breaks in there because you never know when you want ice cream, and I put rides I love on the list a couple of times because if we're somewhere else or don't feel like riding right then, there's a spot for it later on in the day anyway!

I hope you have a magical trip to WDW and don't worry about the planning when you get there. We plan ahead of time so that we can have fun in the moment!!

Upvote 0
I purchased the touringplans subscription. I was really impressed at first. However, I have found an issue: it doesn't like my fastpass+ choices. I get a message indicating that the fastpass attractions weren't considered as they may result in longer waits in line or take more walking than in the plan shown. I appreciate the knowledge that I 'could' do things better if I had a different FP+ time, but I have what I have. The FP+ times are the best I could get. Why won't the site use the times I input even though they may not be ideal?? Very frustrating. Makes the entire plan useless really. Any help out there?

This is when I usually play around with my plan and rearrange some things. Place the rides near each other on the map together to shorten walking distance and move rides with FP times to the spot on the list closest to that time. If you change a couple of things around and hit evaluate it will update the waits and times for the new list you've created and you can keep changing and updating until you have the perfect plan for you.

Even if it doesn't use your FP you can still use your pass of course, but now you have a second option for another time in the day where the wait will be shorter and you'll probably be right next to the ride. Hope this helped a little bit :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom