Touringplans.com

Disney Daddy

I just bought a year's subscription to touringplans.com. I created an "optimized" custom touring plan Magic Kingdom. It has everything mapped out with what time we should be at each particular attraction and what not. How accurate are these touring plans?

DisneyJoe

I just bought a year's subscription to touringplans.com. I created an "optimized" custom touring plan Magic Kingdom. It has everything mapped out with what time we should be at each particular attraction and what not. How accurate are these touring plans?
Very good; and what I love about them is you can modify them on the fly while touring the park and then re-optimize them as your plans change that day. Very flexible.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

The nice part of the "optimized" touring plans, is you can hit the Optimize button on your app in the park, and it will rework it for you based on the wait times in the park at that moment.

^^ What he said.

Upvote 0

luv

Did you customize how fast you plan to walk? I love that. It does make a difference, too. :)

They're pretty accurate, but stuff happens. Rides break down and you end up line 20-30 extra minutes and then have to come back and ride later. You force your kid to eat lunch even though they told you they weren't hungry and have to spend 20 minutes while one of you cleans the kid's vomit from the carpet and the other calms the child.

They can't predict everything.

That's why that Optimize thing is so awesome.

I think touringplans.com is worth every single penny...and I don't say that about many things!

Upvote 0

Disney Daddy

Original Poster
Correct me if I am wrong....

Touringplans.com doesn't take into account a family that may split up and do different things while in the same park...or does it. It is giving me optimized plans for my family, but it won't let me take into account that my kids are too small to ride Rock 'n Roller Coaster or Tower of Terror. I will probably be experiencing those attractions alone while my family does something else on the plan.

Is this the case, I guess we would just veer off the plan for a little bit????

Upvote 0

luv

Touringplans.com doesn't take into account a family that may split up and do different things while in the same park...or does it. It is giving me optimized plans for my family, but it won't let me take into account that my kids are too small to ride Rock 'n Roller Coaster or Tower of Terror. I will probably be experiencing those attractions alone while my family does something else on the plan.

I think they actually do have plans for that. :) There are a LOT of plans.

If you want to make two different optimized plans for two different groups, you could totally do that. :) You just click off what you want to do and it spits out the fastest way to do that.

Upvote 0

stefan74

They actually have a plan for the whole family, all ages. I copied this from the website =
Touring Plans for The Whole Family
These Touring Plans are designed for The Whole Family, which may include small children, tweens, teens, and even seniors!

I found this under the Magic Kingdom tab.

BTW, I love the touring plans and have used them every year I go and we love them. This year will be the first time I am using the Lines App on my phone. I have been tweaking my plans every time the crowd calendar changes for my trip this year.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

It doesn't take splitting up into account, but it's easy to modify your plan for that. What I do when I make my personalized plan is to double-check that the alternate activities will take about the same amount of time (e.g., DH and daughter go do Tomorrowland Speedway while son and I are on Space Mountain). If the total wait/ride times add up within 10 minutes or so of each other, then I'd put Space Mountain in the plan, and put in the "notes" section for that attraction: "Non-riders go to Tomorrowland Speedway." I also note whether we're using "split Fastpasses" for those attractions (my own term for what occurs when our party members want FP+ for different attractions during the same time window), and who is getting a FP+ for what. Then I can print out my plans and use them when making FP+s.

Upvote 0

Kristoff

I think touringplans.com is worth every single penny...and I don't say that about many things!

It really is, where else can you cut down hours worth of waiting and guessing for $10 - $12 for a YEAR. With all the data they are constantly collecting and optimizing their software with, I don't see how anyone could consider this a bad value (unless maybe you went during a dead time of year where wait times are < 40 minutes even on the big rides).

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I think TP is starting to incorporate some of that post-FP+ data, since you can now get wait times adjusted with and without a FP+.

I really enjoy tinkering around with the personalized touring plans as well. Consider this conversation from earlier this week as I got home from work:

DH: Hey, hon! How was your day?
Me: Great! I spent part of my lunch hour playing around on touringplans. I just shaved half an hour off of our wait times at Hollywood Studios on May 8th!
DH: That's great, dear. What's for dinner?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom