Tour Guide? Hotel Conceirge?

riogirl

Original Poster
Is there anyone who can guide me in the direction of possibly becoming a park tour guide? Resort concierge? Hotel front desk? I would like any guidance in one day finding these positions? Is it really impossible to attain? I am a teacher with a master in elementary education and really want to one day live in the area and work in the park or at a resort in Disney. Any and all advice is welcome!

katiekinzakat

As far as I know, Disney only hires internally for those positions meaning you'd have to start hourly/entry level in something like Attractions or Merchandise before being able to apply for a front desk/concierge/tour guide role.

JasonDeyoung

Very rarely you'll see a posting on the career site for front desk. The Disney resort in Vero Beach post for front desk or night auditor not a lot but more often.

PhotoDave219

Tour Guide is an audition role, last I checked. That's part of guest relations and thats... well thats easier to get into that it used to be/should be. People are still not hired in directly to GR.

Front Desk/concierge is easier to get into but things may have changed.

Short version? Apply. Network. Find the place and the people you want to work for, make niceies, get them to like you and then work your way into that role.

Disney is about who you know, not what you know or the quality of work you do.

roveness

Guest relations is an internal job posting. Disney always hires internally first. Pick an entry level job and work your way up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom