Totally Humoungously Huge Submarine Voyage Update Extravaganza!!!

Mickeyrulz

I think the lagoon is close enough to be reclassified as Fantasyland. Finding Nemo has NOTHING to do with TOmorrowland. Sadly while i'm glad its occuring I think its pitiful that such a character has enough material for a ride.

xfkirsten

See, I've never really seen Nemo as fitting into Fantasyland, either. When I think of Fantasy, I think of fairytale-type stories, or ones with an element of "magic" to them, neither of which describes Nemo. The only place I can really see Nemo fitting in might be Adventureland (for that "tropical" reef feel) but even that is a stretch.

Maliboomer4617

I totally agree with you Kirsten! Nemo doesn't belong in Fantasyland nor Tomorrowland, but I dont think it really matters to the imagineers because they want a ride that will bring people into the park. Also you have to remember that the Submarine Voyage didnt fit into either lands as well....:p

xfkirsten

Maliboomer4617 said:
I totally agree with you Kirsten! Nemo doesn't belong in Fantasyland nor Tomorrowland, but I dont think it really matters to the imagineers because they want a ride that will bring people into the park. Also you have to remember that the Submarine Voyage didnt fit into either lands as well....:p

No, although 20,000 Leagues would have fit better - it at least was one of Verne's "futuristic" tales. It's Tomorrowland-ish, but not. Sci-fi-ish. I can't describe it. :lol:

Mickeyrulz

Here's the lands and why it would not fit, in my opinion:

TOMORROWLAND -- Nemo just wouldn't work. It's obvious; but the "new ride" will be classified into Tomorrowland I'm told.

FANTASYLAND -- Nemo is not really fairy-tale Fantasy type.

ADVENTURELAND (not that the lagoon is there) -- The "Coral Reef" feel thing is a stretch. I don't think Nemo works here.

All the other lands it OBVIOUSLY won;t go in.

Just my 2 sents. (cents, I know!) :)

DarkMeasures

I should point out that the 20k storyline would be perfect for Disneyland's subs due to Tommorowland's current theming.

The DL subs though are much cooler looking than the Natulus.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
With Buzz, Nemo, and the rumored 'Cars' overlay on the Autopia.....they might as well just make the entire place an extension of Fantasyland. When all of it is done, all they'd have to do is re-theme Astro Orbiter as The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, replace Star Tours with a Monsters, Inc. attraction, throw some Treasure Planet or Stitch theming inside Space Mountain, replace Innoventions with Stitch's Great Escape, and replace HISTA with Mickey's PhilarMagic. :lol:

LadyDarling

I think a Nemo attraction might work best in like a lagoon they could build into Toontown best, but we'll see! Disney might just surprise us! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that they'll pick up on the Atlantis idea. It's perfect that that and would boost DVD/VHS sales of the movie. ;)

Maliboomer4617

This whole Nemo things has just got to stop!! :D Just kidding. They should just come up with a new original idea that would surprise us all!! Or maybe wait a few years and come out with a futuristic spacy underwater movie that had a fairy tale theme to it, that way it could fit into both Tomorrowland and Fantasyland!! Just an idea...:drevil:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom