totally confused- fastpasses

disneyfankev

Original Poster
hi all im sure this has been discussed many times but i need a little clarification im getting two different answers from different people.i know you can get 3 fastpasses 60 days before arrival then 1 on the day but can you still use your magic band to get other fastpasses at the park like you use to with the paper fastpass such as 1 every hour or when it expired.this is what i got from a disney site " One additional FastPass+ can be made at a time. Once the additional FastPass+ selection has been used, or after the arrival time passes, another FastPass+ selection can be made at an in-park FastPass+ kiosk." thanks for your help.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
hi all im sure this has been discussed many times but i need a little clarification im getting two different answers from different people.i know you can get 3 fastpasses 60 days before arrival then 1 on the day but can you still use your magic band to get other fastpasses at the park like you use to with the paper fastpass such as 1 every hour or when it expired.this is what i got from a disney site " One additional FastPass+ can be made at a time. Once the additional FastPass+ selection has been used, or after the arrival time passes, another FastPass+ selection can be made at an in-park FastPass+ kiosk." thanks for your help.

You can book 3 Fastpasses ahead of time for one park each day. Once you have passed the time on all three of the Fastpasses your reserved, you can get one more Fastpass at any park. Once you pass the time on that one, you can get one more, etc. So once you use the first three, you can only have one Fastpass at a time.

disneyfankev

Original Poster
do you have to use all 3 and the 1 you book at the park to start getting more or just the 1 you book at the park. if you have to use all of them i should make them as early as possible in the morning so i could use them up is that right.

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
Your first 3 fastpasses are all within one park. Once 1, 2 and 3 are used/expired, you must go to a kiosk to obtain another fastpass (based on availability at that time), you can't use the app. You can get #4 at your original park or park hop and then get #4. Once #4 is used/expired, you can go back to a kiosk and try for #5, etc.
And YES, I schedule my first 3 early so as to have a greater chance of getting something for later. If your 3rd fastpass is at 6pm, chance aren't something like Soarin or 7 Dwarfs is not going to be available.

lazyboy97o

do you have to use all 3 and the 1 you book at the park to start getting more or just the 1 you book at the park. if you have to use all of them i should make them as early as possible in the morning so i could use them up is that right.
I think I see where you are confused. The one booked in park is only available after you use your three advance reservations, not when you first arrive.

dadddio

Your first 3 fastpasses are all within one park. Once 1, 2 and 3 are used/expired, you must go to a kiosk to obtain another fastpass (based on availability at that time), you can't use the app. You can get #4 at your original park or park hop and then get #4. Once #4 is used/expired, you can go back to a kiosk and try for #5, etc.
And YES, I schedule my first 3 early so as to have a greater chance of getting something for later. If your 3rd fastpass is at 6pm, chance aren't something like Soarin or 7 Dwarfs is not going to be available.
To add, if one of your FP+s expires without being used, you can use the app or kiosk to trade it for a FP+ at a later time. Also, you can use the app to change the times or attractions for those additional FP+s that you obtained at the kiosk.

disneyfankev

Original Poster
thank you going to make them as early as possible,i think i'm going to miss the paper fastpasses somedays on off peak times you could get 10 or more

sjhym333

Actually I don't think you will. As soon as you use up your original 3 and then your 4th you can add another and then a 5th after the 4th. You can often find a 4th at a kiosk for within 30 mins of the current time. I have found the FP+ system to be much better then the old paper system.

dadddio

thank you
going to make them as early as possible,
i think i'm going to miss the paper fastpasses
somedays on off peak times you could get 10 or more
People have shared how they have been able to get this many under the new system.

One thing about FP+ that I think is great is that you can often get a FP+ for right now(ish). This basically allows you to immediately(ish) bypass a twenty-thirty minute line and then pop out and go get another FP+ for something else.

SAV

To be clear, You can only book 3 ahead of time(including the day you get there). Then when you use those up you can get another and use that, then another and use that, etc. I would book the first 3 as early as you can. And then every single you get after that should be booked as early as you can get so you can get more after that one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom