Tony's Town Square Restaurant Opening

scorp111

When we were down in December, we had a 4:30 Dinner PS for Tony's. ( I could be slightly off on the time).

This was right before the restaurant opened for dinner. While waiting in the lobby, the Dapper Dans were entertaining. Before their final song, they called a couple to come forward, and dedicated "Bella Notte" to them, to "officially" open for dinner. It was the couple's 35th Wedding Anniversary.

Does anyone have any knowledge how this was arranged? Would it be through guest services? Through the restaurant? Would this be one of those "special occasion" assistance things?

If there would be a fee, any idea on the amount?

When we are down in May, it will be my M-I-L and F-I-L celebrating their 38th anniversary, and it would be really neat to arrange this for them.

Any advice or experience is appreciated, and especially if you have arranged this or something similar.....

Dwarful

Not at Tony's but when we were at Liberty Tree for dinner on Dec. 27th they did the same thing. They had one couple, on their honeymoon, go up to the balcony with all of the characters and they officially opened the tavern. It was really neat. I was wondering how they picked as well that is a once in a lifetime photo ;)

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I believe this is standard opening for these two restaurants (dinner and lunch respectively). I believe it is usually handled through the restaurant, but it won't hurt to check with Guest Services first.

Generally at Liberty Tree, the first reservation is asked to be "town crier" and call the assembly to lunch or dinner. Characters are not present for lunch, but as dinner is a character meal, they are there to help out. It is a nice ceremony in any case. My guess is by identifying themselves as honeymooners, they got "bumped up" on that list.

I believe Tony's is handled the same way.

Upvote 0

bhg469

Dwarful said:
Not at Tony's but when we were at Liberty Tree for dinner on Dec. 27th they did the same thing. They had one couple, on their honeymoon, go up to the balcony with all of the characters and they officially opened the tavern. It was really neat. I was wondering how they picked as well that is a once in a lifetime photo ;)

my girlfriend and i got to be the bell ringers for luch on our last trip. it was kind of neat but i think it was because we were the first to go in for lunch. and because were so darn cute

Upvote 0

tigsmom

bhg469 said:
my girlfriend and i got to be the bell ringers for luch on our last trip. it was kind of neat but i think it was because we were the first to go in for lunch. and because were so darn cute

And modest too! :lol:

This sounds like great fun and I never knew about it either.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Yes, it's very nice, and not too over the top. Of course you have to be there at 11:30 (lunch) or 4:30-5:00 (dinner, I forget now that it has gone to a character meal).

Anyway, they have you climb the steps to the balcony at the top of the entry and you are introduced, something to the effect of Hear ye, Hear ye, hailing from the great state of _________, Paul and Paula are here to open this assembly to all.... then you get to ring the bell.

Also nice to be involved in the flag lowering on Main Street or flag duty at WL. All very special, but low key events.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom