Tons of teenagers everywhere!!! argh!!!!!

64ghs

Original Poster
We will not be going to wdw in the spring ever again in April. Teens from every country were there for dancing compettions staying at All Star Music was jam backed with lines for food had to eat in our rooms!!! Argh!!!! :arghh: We went in Sept 2009, the Fall seems like the best time no crowds... Hope this helps with planning. Check for athletic comepttions before booking!:)

DisneyPrincess5

The Fall has some of the most crowds due to Food and Wine Festival so choose when you go in the Fall wisely. September is usually pretty quiet, but can be as hot as August.
Sounds like a lot more research would've done you well so remember to research in the future.

Seanual757

March and April is Spring Break plus the competitions all year long. To be honest as a AP holder and DVC owner since Summer of last year Disney has been far more busy then I have ever seen it. As long as you plan it you can make it enjoyable for all.

willtravel

The Fall has some of the most crowds due to Food and Wine Festival so choose when you go in the Fall wisely. September is usually pretty quiet, but can be as hot as August.
Sounds like a lot more research would've done you well so remember to research in the future.
Where on WDW site does it give a schedule for future dance completion week's, etc,, so I can check before scheduling my future trips? I know of there event's and tour menu at WDW website, and the highs and low's of break's and holiday time, but where else is there to look outside of that on there site?

Seanual757

You might need to do a Google search for Dance & Cheer competitions @ Walt Disney World.

I found this for you

Spring Break- Mid-March - Mid-April, 2016 - During this crowded time of the year, Disney employs a number of strategies to disperse crowds, including offering additional entertainment at alternative parks other than the Magic Kingdom and opening or offering seasonal restaurants or dining options.
Youth Group Competitions and Exhibitions - Various times January through April. Youth activities (i.e. sports, dance, cheerleading, singing, bands) may be scheduled in public areas. These activities may create heavy bookings at some resorts, especially All-Stars, by youth groups, where the noise levels may be significantly increased. Possible random closure of certain park attractions for use as event venues such as Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
Fall is definitely a better time to go. From what I hear and read, the parks are getting more and more crowded during those slow times. But I will always avoid late December, Easter/Spring Break and the summer. I've vacationed there in the summer once and I wouldn't do it again.

DisneyPrincess5

Where on WDW site does it give a schedule for future dance completion week's, etc,, so I can check before scheduling my future trips? I know of there event's and tour menu at WDW website, and the highs and low's of break's and holiday time, but where else is there to look outside of that on there site?
I'm not sure about competitions specifically-I was referring more to doing research on crowds by month and week. April is classically a busy time especially with school breaks, Easter, as well as Flower and Garden Fest.

Skibum1970

Touringplans has a really good crowd level calendar that is pretty darn accurate. May typically has a slowdown as well after the spring break crowd has dissipated. We went one time in early March and the walkways through Frontierland and Fantasyland looked like a sea of people. After that, I started using the crowd calendars.

DizneyPryncess

Touringplans has a really good crowd level calendar that is pretty darn accurate. May typically has a slowdown as well after the spring break crowd has dissipated. We went one time in early March and the walkways through Frontierland and Fantasyland looked like a sea of people. After that, I started using the crowd calendars.

I agree with May. If you're able to push your Spring trip into May, I would consider doing that. That's been our favorite time of year to visit. Weather is usually nice. Crowds have almost always been manageable. My husband and I used to go in March with his parents during Spring Break, but we stopped and switched to May. This year will be our first September/October trip, so I'm curious to see how it compares.

UncleMike101

We used to go to WDW the week of the 4th of July because that's when we could get the time to go.
After five years of that madness we stopped going until our job status allowed us a different time of the year for vacation.
We now go the second or third week of May.
The crowds are non existent compared to July and even with the heat in the upper 80's it's downright pleasant compared to Summer.
It's almost time to pack for this year..............:D

willtravel

We used to go to WDW the week of the 4th of July because that's when we could get the time to go.
After five years of that madness we stopped going until our job status allowed us a different time of the year for vacation.
We now go the second or third week of May.
The crowds are non existent compared to July and even with the heat in the upper 80's it's downright pleasant compared to Summer.
It's almost time to pack for this year..............:D
SSSSHHHHHH....... Disney is reading this.......Let's keep this a secret.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom