Tonight on CBS news

PhotoDave219

True dat. Amazing how its the exact same story, exact same facts at each CBS affiliate, just "localized" to fit each city. Truly sickens me how TV news works. :hurl:

epcot2004

I've gotten food poisoning many times:hurl: ...But never on any of our 8 stays at WDW. Seems safer to eat there than many other places.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
True that!!! Besides do you honestly believe that Id stop eating at some of my favorite restaurants because of this?? NO WAY!!! Belle

brisem

You from watching the CBS News out of NY--They led with a story about a mother upset at Spencer Gifts for selling her daughter an adult toy. Then to the Disney story and the third was actual news.

tigsmom

Originally posted by brisem
You from watching the CBS News out of NY--They led with a story about a mother upset at Spencer Gifts for selling her daughter an adult toy. Then to the Disney story and the third was actual news.

That wan't an adult toy it was a "personal massager". :rolleyes:

Mitzer

Originally posted by johnvree
I wonder how many people last year got food poisoning in CBS's cafeteria?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe this should be a spin off report for ABC?

My nephew got very ill after dinner one night, but couldn't it be attributed to food + excitement of being at Disney + his first trip there + Star Tours or some other "shakey ride" = :hurl: . Sometimes it is more than just the food that can contribute to getting sick from the "food". I doubt a report like this will stop me from eating at my favorite Disney places. Afterall, isn't Disney where everyone wants to go after they win the "Superbowl"?

Mitzer

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
True that!!! Besides do you honestly believe that Id stop eating at some of my favorite restaurants because of this?? NO WAY!!! Belle

You better not Belle...who will I eat with if you boycot? :lol: :animwink:

Foolish Mortal

O.k bear with me here, I have'nt read ALL the replies to this so I may repeat something that's already been said. This report was an absolute crock of you know what. Even as Disney die hard's we all know Disney is'nt perfect. With all the millions of meals served in a given year thru out all of WDW, the law of average's say's some people are unfortunatley going to get sick. That's just the way it is. I've never seen any foodhandler's doing anything that looked wrong. I always see gloves on, hair net's etc...Most of the food items that I have seen sitting out are things that just came out of a freezer. Nothing that I'd be worried about. I've seen foodworkers drop utensil's and immediatley go wash/replace that particular item.

I just don't get the need for this kind of report. The same exact thing's happen at McDonalds, Burger King and every other food service business. Including 5 star restaurants. It's going to happen no matter how careful you are. Again....law of average's.

This is blatant Disney bashing in my opinion. If that story would have been about Universal or Sea World i'd still say big deal, look how many meals a year they serve.

Rant over, hope I dont fall getting off the soap box. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

goofyman

This was SUCH a JOKE! It is just for ratings. They made a big thing of it on previews and then Nothing big in the actually story.
It was all possibly this and possibly that and no proof of much of anything. What a waiste of TIME!!!

disneylandfan28

Eat At Your Own Risk...

Aloha everyone.....

I read this somewhere, and I think they were mentioning Cinderella's Castle? And I believe it was on 60 Minutes.
Someone got some kind of food poisoning, because the food wasn't stored in the right temperature.

Anyone else heard more?

:slurp:

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Originally posted by Mitzer
You better not Belle...who will I eat with if you boycot? :lol: :animwink:

Never Fear!! I will be there, besides who will help me videotape the cute guys in Off kilter in the Canada Pavilion!!!! I am counting on you!!! Belle

tigsmom

Re: Eat At Your Own Risk...

Originally posted by disneylandfan28
Aloha everyone.....

I read this somewhere, and I think they were mentioning Cinderella's Castle? And I believe it was on 60 Minutes.
Someone got some kind of food poisoning, because the food wasn't stored in the right temperature.

Anyone else heard more?

:slurp:

The castle was one of the places mentioned. Almost all of the citations were for food stored at the wrong temperature. It happens all over, not just in WDW. I'm not getting excited about it.
:wave:

cm1988

Do the math

Originally posted by RandeB
You have to think that there are more people who get sick that don't file a formal complaint, or don't realize it's the food that made them sick. But 8 complaints a year is a pretty good record.

It was noted that 77 places had one violation or more, not that they all had violationS.

Good grief. Eight complaints out of how many 10's of millions of meals served?

From the perspective of someone who has worked in Foods both at WDW and elsewhere, the cleanliness, food handling and storage are outstanding. Methinks these "investigative reporters" are looking to help their ratings, not the community.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Hi there all I just finished watching the report. Apparently they got a bunch of health reports that had no violationson better than half the restaurants in Disney. I went to the website, but cant seem to find it!!! Apparently they are more interested in bashing Disney than in providing factual information!!! Anyone else see if they can give it a shot & find the info?? Id love to see which restaurants made the grade so to speak!!! Thanks again all!! Belle

General Grizz

In an exclusive Eat At Your Own Risk investigation CBS 2 examined the health inspection records of over 150 Walt Disney Resort eateries and found half had at least one critical health code violation in 2003. Violations health officials in Tallahassee say can make you sick.

"Keep your hands clean, keep your working surfaces clean, keep correct temperatures. They are very basic things but can avoid food-borne illness," says Geoff Luebkemann from the Department of Business & Professional Regulation.

Disney promises lunch fit for a princess at Cinderella's Royal Table, tucked away the inside of the magical castle, but when inspectors were there last August they found two critical health code violations lurking. The turkey, the ham and the cheese were all held at dangerous temperatures, which experts say can lead to the growth of harmful bacteria.

"Bacteria causes food-borne illness or can lead to it," Luebkemann says.

The 'Tower of Terror' isn't the only thing that may be dishing out upset stomachs at the Disney resorts. Beyond the critical health code violations, the state of Florida received eight complaints in 2003 from Disney guests of food poisoning.

"I don't tend to complain," Boyd says. But he was so ill he filed a complaint with the state, saying he got a serious bout of food-borne illness at the Coral Reef Restaurant in Epcot Center.

Test results confirmed Boyd had salmonella poisoning. "I'm no public health expert but apparently they have some contamination going on," Boyd says.

When inspectors visited the Coral Reef Restaurant last May they found no violations related to Dr. Boyd's food-borne illness complaint but they did find another violation. Vegetables, couscous and sausage all being held at unsafe temperatures.

Read the rest: http://cbsnewyork.com/investigates/local_story_040205229.html

bdalton

8 cases out of millions.........give me a break. I would like to know how CBS got permission to tape on the property and to use Disney promotional footage in the piece.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom