Tom Sawyer Island: Adult Halloween Haunt

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
Ok, so here's an interesting idea to spice up MNSSHP. Why not make an adult haunt on Tom Sawyer Island complete with lots of in depth creepy scenery and special scary character performers. The idea would be to give the island a new identity for Halloween and give older audiences something to do besides trick or treating with the kiddies.

First off, this would be a special area that would be intended for older teens and adults, similar to HHN at Universal. Guests with children under 15 who wish to participate must sign a waver that their child understands the nature of the attraction and still wishes to participate. In order to get there, you would board rafts piloted by the spirits of the past. The backstory would be something like this:

The Island originally belonged to a Native American Tribe who scalped those who dared to trespass on their holy ground. One evening, a group of settlers traveling by boat to new lands, came across the island. They set up camp and tried to make a living, until they were discovered by the natives. The settlers fought back and ended up brutally slaying the entire tribe in order to take the island as their own, but what they didn't prepare for were the spirits of the tribe who protected the land. They were never seen again, but their spirits were said to remain.

Now, you must journey onto the island and see for yourself what happened to the settlers, but beware, the spirits are always watching...with scalping knives in hand.

In terms of set up, it would either require the island to be completely shut down to day guests during the run of MNSSHP, or if the set up is simplified, it could be open during select days and closed during days of the party with certain sections of the island blocked from everyday traffic.

The main elements that would be required are special lighting rigs, lots of dense fog machines and of course, lots of gruesome props, special effects and scaracters.

I think it would be an interesting new addition that would be a major draw for older folks looking to have a good time at the party.

JerrodDRagon

I like the Idea, the only thing is I don't see Disney doing this since it realy only for Adults, and Disneyland is suppose to be for everyone. Plus Universal Already does the best mazes and its like the Xbox trying to Copy Wii, just stick to what your good at, entertainment for everyone.

As for special Halloween lightening I am all for it, if they could add spooky light effects to the island and sound I think that would be nice to see during Halloween but I am talking about effects that could be seen from across the river (since I dont think they'll let people on the island at night)

jt04

HHN is just a little too extreme for Disney and I think the mouse is happy to let Universal serve this niche market.

However, I have had an idea that is something along these lines but more Disneyesque.

I think TSI should be themed wholly to PatF. A swinging or telescoping pontoon bridge could permit crowd flow without interfering with the riverboats operation.

So then, a Kim Possible-esque technology interactivity game could be applied as some sort of challange utilizing the current infrastructure rethemed to the film. Small shops, eateries and other themed environments could be added. Got to have that boat in a tree!

But the main attraction would be a Dr Facilier m&g attraction. This could be a rather large venue built where the fort is now. There could be a rather intense show with state of the art special effects and with age appropriate warnings. So nobody would accidently stumble into the attraction, you would only get there because you intended to. Something akin to the intensity of AE but about the size of the Tiki showroom or the Laugh Floor would work.

Parlor Tricks anyone?:eek: :lol:

jtizzle1023

I really like the idea. Think putting it on TSI makes it ok that it is more aimed to the adult audience. I feel that if it was on the island it keeps the scariness away from the kids and it will bring in a whole new age group.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom