Tokyo Splash Retheme

SweetDuffy101

If Tokyo remakes Splash that It wont be Tiana At all, A wild rumor circulating around that it would be coming from a popular franchise that has been released recently.
an IP that will have a series on Disney+ soon.

Last edited:

BasiltheBatLord

Site that must not be named claims they obtained a statement from OLC that Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah was indeed removed from the resort "As part of an ongoing effort to create an environment inclusive of all guests"

Unless I'm mistaken Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah is the instrumental jingle at Maihama Station, does that mean JR is going to change it too?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Site that must not be named claims they obtained a statement from OLC that Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah was indeed removed from the resort "As part of an ongoing effort to create an environment inclusive of all guests"

Unless I'm mistaken Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah is the instrumental jingle at Maihama Station, does that mean JR is going to change it too?

Well, I won't believe that until I see it mentioned on ITM. 😂

Funny how removing an earworm of a song suddenly can make the entire resort "inclusive". 🤔

SweetDuffy101

So I guess all of those "insiders" claiming that Tokyo refused to retheme their Splash Mountain were full of crap, eh?
OLC stated that they will put it on consideration but it doesn't mean that it will be based to Tiana, Splash Mountain Sits in Critter Country and OLC doesn't want change it so suddenly.

They're not that stupid to slab an IP Without changing the backstory of the Themed land.

BasiltheBatLord

So I guess all of those "insiders" claiming that Tokyo refused to retheme their Splash Mountain were full of crap, eh?
Idk, I don't know what's going to happen but changing out a song in a music loop is very different than re-theming an entire e-ticket attraction and accompanying land. It's not hard to imagine that OLC is fine with one but not the other.

Nevertheless if the other site's report is genuine then this does seem to suggest that there is some sensitivity in TDR to Disney's new brand of woke-ism.

Last edited:

Soleurs

In the Parks
Yes
So either this is really bad overall or Sitenotnamed is full of you know what. Legit lost respect for him after this clickbait b*******
Idk, I don't know what's going to happen but changing out a song in a music loop is very different than re-theming an entire e-ticket attraction and accompanying land. It's not hard to imagine that OLC is fine with one but not the other.

Nevertheless if the other site's report is genuine then this does seem to suggest that there is some sensitivity in TDR to Disney's new brand of woke-ism.
Site-who-shall-not-be-named seems to have been right. Other Japanese sites seem to have gotten the same answers from OLC.

Honestly their Tokyo stuff is the only news I trust from them, I haven’t seen anything bad or wrong from them here yet.

tanc

with the recent model of the new rides, I think we are seeing why tokyo for now refuses to do the retheme. I definitely think they will get a retheme at some point, but I think it will be an exclusive retheme.

tanc

I saw a video from a site not to be named that apparently Zip A Dee Doo Dah is still playing on the monorail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom