Tokyo Disney Resort seemingly prohibiting guests from recording

tanc

Original Poster

During the photographing, filming or videotaping of our Park scenes (including, without limitation, Park facilities or entertainment programs), Guests' images or likeness may be captured and used in news reports, advertising, promotions, merchandise, etc.

Public transmission or recording of any kind that may inconvenience other Guests

The use of unipods, tripods, selfie sticks or other such equipment (hand-size grip attachments excluded) when taking photos or videos

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/pickup/6437988 (Japanese news, I will translate the gist)

Basically the article said Youtubers are mad about the new change since apparently recording for commerical purposes is no longer allowed in TDR. You cannot use selfie sticks or any tripod equipment and cameras are prohibited on rides.

BasiltheBatLord

TDR has always been oddly strict about photos and videos. If you take photos in indoor queues CMs will immediately run up to you and tell you no photos. Also most (all?) of the stage shows are strictly no recording allowed.

Soleurs

In the Parks
Yes
If you take photos in indoor queues CMs will immediately run up to you and tell you no photos.
I’ve never seen this to be true except in the Tower of Terror queue post-lobby and occasionally the load area for Journey. Have you ever been on Soaring or BatB? All people do in those queues is take photos.
Also most (all?) of the stage shows are strictly no recording allowed.
Outdoor stage shows are okay (including Showbase), indoor stage shows are a no-no. That’s always been the standard.

BasiltheBatLord

I’ve never seen this to be true except in the Tower of Terror queue post-lobby and occasionally the load area for Journey. Have you ever been on Soaring or BatB? All people do in those queues is take photos.

Outdoor stage shows are okay (including Showbase), indoor stage shows are a no-no. That’s always been the standard.
Interesting because the ToT queue is where I’ve always been “caught”. Wonder what the deal is with that. As for BatB, I’ve never even been able to get a photo because every time I’m being rushed through by CMs to where I can’t stop moving. Wonder if that was a Corona thing which has changed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom