Tokyo Disney Resort 40th Anniversary “Dream-Go-Round”

BasiltheBatLord

TDS had been left to stagnate a bit. It really was a wonder and real game changer when revealed. Especially since it's a unique park with modern large scale entrapments that actually had a budget.

But it's a pre-cursor in some ways to the Potters, Pandoras, Radiator Springs, Galaxy Edge's and even some of the notable pieces SDL did. By no means has TDS somehow gotten worse, it's just been stuck as a lot of the other parks and projects significantly closed the gap.

Like this project is quite literally over 10 years in the making. Frozen Land was announced in 2014 as the 8th port. The plans kicked off when the parks absolutely rebounded beyond expectation in 2012/13 post Fukushima. Worth the wait perhaps, but horrendously long gesticulating.

In a different timeline B&TB should have opened in 2019. The 8th port around 2020 and then the Tomorrowland / this major scaled project in 2025/26 or so.

It's again not that it has gotten less impressive, just everything else has gotten more so. JTTCOE was unequivocally the one of, if not the best attraction in the world two decades ago. Now I don't think someone would be wrong if it was not in their top ten.
Yep, something I often say is that DisneySea as it is now is like a time capsule of what Disney parks were in the early to mid-2000s. For some people they'll love that, but if you visit multiple times at some point you notice the staleness. Most of the park has never changed since 2001.

TTA94

I wish TDL would go back to having new seasonal parades and or new parade soundtracks almost every year.

Also wish they would bring back or do a new version of Mysterious Masquerade. But that will probably never happen sadly.

SweetDuffy101

I wish TDL would go back to having new seasonal parades and or new parade soundtracks almost every year.

Also wish they would bring back or do a new version of Mysterious Masquerade. But that will probably never happen sadly.
In todays world, Its quite impossible to do.

Logistical problem is the main cause of entertainment not returning to its full glory,

OLC is Being wary of hiring more entertainers and yes they are aware of the complaints towards entertainment lineup.

after the pandemic and they dont want to have another risk of eliminating thousands of jobs.

Each requires lots of dancers, and in my opinion moving forward in summer events they will be more keen to doing Parades that has no entertainers due to its low risk of Heatstroke and less cancellations due to extreme heat.

A bit of Good news though is that Tokyo DisneySea is doing maintenance updates on Hangar stage and Multi purpose stages in the harbor, But has yet to release any audition.

TTA94

In todays world, Its quite impossible to do.

Logistical problem is the main cause of entertainment not returning to its full glory,

OLC is Being wary of hiring more entertainers and yes they are aware of the complaints towards entertainment lineup.

after the pandemic and they dont want to have another risk of eliminating thousands of jobs.

Each requires lots of dancers, and in my opinion moving forward in summer events they will be more keen to doing Parades that has no entertainers due to its low risk of Heatstroke and less cancellations due to extreme heat.

A bit of Good news though is that Tokyo DisneySea is doing maintenance updates on Hangar stage and Multi purpose stages in the harbor, But has yet to release any audition.

Do you expect any changes to the seasonal entertainment anytime soon? Especially the Christmas parade and the soundtrack?

TTA94

I saw Dreamlights Christmas version is returning this year!

Unfortunately the same Christmas Story’s is returning.

SweetDuffy101

Its very predictable until the finale of the 40th anniversary.

My forecast for the grand finale entertainment.

DisneySea: Lets celebrate with color (normal version).
Disneyland: Harmony In Color Showstop.

Thats it period dont expect something fancy like a projection or a drone show for parks.

The main reason some of the stage shows like New orleans theater, Dockside stage, Hangar stage and Mermaid lagoon theater are not being used for the time being is something to do with sponsorship.

There are no companies sponsoring those theaters at the moment, Until a sponsor comes up dont expect them to return.

SweetDuffy101

Disney Harmony in Color album set to be released.
October 27- In park release
November 8- General/Digital release

Consists of 3 tracks.
1. Disney Harmony in Color parade(Full)
2.Disney Harmony in Color(Opening unit)Living In color
3. Disney Harmony in Color(Finale Unit)Like a Rainbow

david10225

Yep, something I often say is that DisneySea as it is now is like a time capsule of what Disney parks were in the early to mid-2000s. For some people they'll love that, but if you visit multiple times at some point you notice the staleness. Most of the park has never changed since 2001.
Hello,

I hope you don't mind me posting in this thread, but I didn't want to start a new one for just a few random thoughts.

I am in Tokyo this week for some sightseeing and I decided to visit TDS yesterday. Last visit was 9 years ago. When I thought about what I would do, I realized there really wasn't anything new, or anything I couldn't get in Florida, since my last visit. So I decided to just walk around the park and enjoy the level of attention to theming and hit just a few rides that were unique. I would imagine if I lived nearby, I don't know if I would be making frequent visits. Although, you can't beat the prices. My one day ticket was 60.00 USD and the ticket I got for Thursday for DL came out to be a litle bit tless (due to exchange rates fluctuations).

I only wound up doing Crystal Skull Indy (that version would be great in FL), Journey to the Center of the Earth, Tower of Terror, Sinbad, and the Magic Lamp Theater. Sinbad is my all time favorite dark ride at any Disney Park and the only ride I did twice on my last visit. I love the details on the animatronics....the articulation as Sinbad arches his back in the scene with the feather, how you hear a clunk sound in perfect synchronization as the Pirate hits is sword to the big egg, how even every secondary character has full articulation, eyes blinking, mouth moving if singing, etc. How the scene with the Genie and the Whale are on a scale never seen before. It really is a masterpiece. I hope they keep it for a long long time to come.

The crowds were many and some rides were over 2 hours long of a wait. I thought about buying that 40th Anniversary Pass, but why would I want to pay to visit the Magic Lamp Theater as I found it to be a rather lackluster show. I did buy a Premier pass for TOT and Journey. Best $10.50 USD I ever spent! Speaking of detail. I happen to be standing right next to the hostess in TOT and couldn't help admiring the detail in the costume she was wearing and how she spoke into an old fashioned candle stick telephone to make her announcements. The one outfit must be VERY expensive.

Anyway, pardon the interuption...I will be going to DL on Thursday as I can't come 6000 miles without seeing Beauty and the Beast can I!

TTA94

For the Dreamlights Christmas version I’m curious to see if they change the decorations on Casey since this is the first year of the Christmas version with the new Casey and Drum float. Hopefully they will re release the soundtrack because of the new intro?

SweetDuffy101

The 40th anniversary grand finale Dream-Go round "Everlasting Dreams" merchandise will go on sale On January 23,2024.

This is to indicate the beginning of the end for 40th Anniversary celebrations, Which ends on March 31, 2024.

This event will co-event with Disney Special Event series "Disney Pal-Palooza Minnies funderland" at Tokyo Disneyland.

This is a very interesting move by OLC by having 2 special events in one park.

Meanwhile at Tokyo DisneySea -........crickets.
The park exist i guess......

Attachments

• IMG_0574.jpeg
    IMG_0574.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

jrhwdw

The 40th anniversary grand finale Dream-Go round "Everlasting Dreams" merchandise will go on sale On January 23,2024.

This is to indicate the beginning of the end for 40th Anniversary celebrations, Which ends on March 31, 2024.

This event will co-event with Disney Special Event series "Disney Pal-Palooza Minnies funderland" at Tokyo Disneyland.

This is a very interesting move by OLC by having 2 special events in one park.

Meanwhile at Tokyo DisneySea -........crickets.
The park exist i guess......
No Finale Showstop for Harmony In Color?

SweetDuffy101

No Finale Showstop for Harmony In Color?
More announcements will come from them if not few days may take weeks. If it's on schedule we also might get an entire schedule for next year's offerings and Closing date for Space mountain.

Last edited:

brb1006

For the Dreamlights Christmas version I’m curious to see if they change the decorations on Casey since this is the first year of the Christmas version with the new Casey and Drum float. Hopefully they will re release the soundtrack because of the new intro?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom