1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Tokyo Disney Resort 35h Anniversary: Happiest Celebration

Discussion in 'Tokyo, Hong Kong and Shanghai' started by mickeyfan5534, Apr 18, 2017.

1. mickeyfan5534

mickeyfan5534 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    New parade, Once Upon a Time is being replaced for what sounds like Ignite the Dream Tokyo, and a reused theme. I'm not totally crazy about the name, because the Press Release and the one piece of art posted sounds and looks much more like rainbows and imagination are the theme.

And here's that press release: http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news/news_tdr/20170418_01e/main/0/link/20170418_01e.pdf

2. SweetDuffy101

SweetDuffy101 Active Member

Its more like, a new parade in spring a brand new nighttime spectacular/Castle Stage show in summer,and seasonal events with an anniversary theme. plus some un-announced shows within Tokyo DisneySea.

brb1006 likes this.
  3. jrhwdw

jrhwdw Well-Known Member

You're right. I read the translated Japanese release earlier today and it sounded like a new float in Happiness Is Here(TBH, The theme for the 35th screams Happiness Is Here and Happiness On High will stay in some way!) I was hoping they would start OUAT's replacement with the start of the 35th since it'll be right after Frozen Forever 2018 and the new Christmas show Yes, that means OUAT ends for good this Nov! Hope that it won't be just for summer! I kind of don't trust them since they let Crystal Wishes Journey end with TDS's 15th .

4. mickeyfan5534

mickeyfan5534 Well-Known Member Original Poster

It's very clear that it's a new parade in the English release. I'm remaining a cynic on the nighttime show until proven otherwise after the disappointment that came from Paris. Crystal Wishes Journey had no reason to stick around after the 15th now that the Harbor shows are seasonal

5. jrhwdw

jrhwdw Well-Known Member

Maybe I was the only one but I was hoping Crystal was a replacement for Mythica and PPWC

6. mickeyfan5534

I'd be upset if that show were meant to be permanent. It has to be one of the most meh shows ever put on the harbor.

7. jrhwdw

jrhwdw Well-Known Member

Granted it wasn't as grand as Mythica and PPWC, but it got the job done and the song was wonderful! Maybe it' come back for the 35th. It's wierd to see TDS without a "Day Parade" since Mythica closed

8. mickeyfan5534

When the show was in 'When Your Heart Makes a Wish' mode it was amazing. When it was in the Disney medley and that other song it was not.

9. enfant

enfant New Member

I feel old now! The first/last time I was ever there was during the 25th anniversary! That was pretty amazing.

brb1006 likes this.