Tokyo Disney Resort 35th Anniversary: Happiest Celebration

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster
tokyo-disney-resort-35th-anniversary-happiest-celebration.jpg

New parade, Once Upon a Time is being replaced for what sounds like Ignite the Dream Tokyo, and a reused theme. I'm not totally crazy about the name, because the Press Release and the one piece of art posted sounds and looks much more like rainbows and imagination are the theme.

And here's that press release: http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news/news_tdr/20170418_01e/main/0/link/20170418_01e.pdf

SweetDuffy101

tokyo-disney-resort-35th-anniversary-happiest-celebration.jpg

New parade, Once Upon a Time is being replaced for what sounds like Ignite the Dream Tokyo, and a reused theme. I'm not totally crazy about the name, because the Press Release and the one piece of art posted sounds and looks much more like rainbows and imagination are the theme.

And here's that press release: http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news/news_tdr/20170418_01e/main/0/link/20170418_01e.pdf
Its more like, a new parade in spring a brand new nighttime spectacular/Castle Stage show in summer,and seasonal events with an anniversary theme. plus some un-announced shows within Tokyo DisneySea.

jrhwdw

Its more like, a new parade in spring a brand new nighttime spectacular/Castle Stage show in summer,and seasonal events with an anniversary theme. plus some un-announced shows within Tokyo DisneySea.
You're right. I read the translated Japanese release earlier today and it sounded like a new float in Happiness Is Here(TBH, The theme for the 35th screams Happiness Is Here and Happiness On High will stay in some way!) I was hoping they would start OUAT's replacement with the start of the 35th since it'll be right after Frozen Forever 2018 and the new Christmas show Yes, that means OUAT ends for good this Nov! Hope that it won't be just for summer! I kind of don't trust them since they let Crystal Wishes Journey end with TDS's 15th .

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster
You're right. I read the translated Japanese release earlier today and it sounded like a new float in Happiness Is Here(TBH, The theme for the 35th screams Happiness Is Here and Happiness On High will stay in some way!) I was hoping they would start OUAT's replacement with the start of the 35th since it'll be right after Frozen Forever 2018 and the new Christmas show Yes, that means OUAT ends for good this Nov! Hope that it won't be just for summer! I kind of don't trust them since they let Crystal Wishes Journey end with TDS's 15th .
It's very clear that it's a new parade in the English release. I'm remaining a cynic on the nighttime show until proven otherwise after the disappointment that came from Paris. Crystal Wishes Journey had no reason to stick around after the 15th now that the Harbor shows are seasonal

jrhwdw

It's very clear that it's a new parade in the English release. I'm remaining a cynic on the nighttime show until proven otherwise after the disappointment that came from Paris. Crystal Wishes Journey had no reason to stick around after the 15th now that the Harbor shows are seasonal
Maybe I was the only one but I was hoping Crystal was a replacement for Mythica and PPWC

jrhwdw

I'd be upset if that show were meant to be permanent. It has to be one of the most meh shows ever put on the harbor.
Granted it wasn't as grand as Mythica and PPWC, but it got the job done and the song was wonderful! Maybe it' come back for the 35th. It's wierd to see TDS without a "Day Parade" since Mythica closed

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster
Granted it wasn't as grand as Mythica and PPWC, but it got the job done and the song was wonderful! Maybe it' come back for the 35th. It's wierd to see TDS without a "Day Parade" since Mythica closed
When the show was in 'When Your Heart Makes a Wish' mode it was amazing. When it was in the Disney medley and that other song it was not.

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster
Full lineup announced. I'm extremely optimistic that this is going to be amazing.
tokyo-disney-resort-35th-anniversary.png

April 15 2018 through March 25 2019. I'm still not crazy about the Happiness Celebration theme but it seems to be substantially different than the 30th with a heavy focus on color. I'd still rather have had them use imagination or color as the main theme. The art is great though and I'm in love with those costumes.

dreaming-up-parade-tokyo-disneyland-35th-anniversary.png

New Parade "Dreaming Up!" Featuring Fantasia, Beauty and the Beast, Big Hero Six, Peter Pan, and more. The concept art with the multiple Beauty and the Beast floats makes it look like a longer parade.

its-a-small-world-tokyo-disneyland.jpg

"it's a small world" returns April 15 now featuring 40 Disney characters from Frozen, Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, Peter Pan, Tangled, Mulan, Aladdin, and The Lion King.

Harbor Greeting Show at Disney Sea featuring the Anniversary theme song and Mickey and co. in anniversary costumes running throughout the celebration.

New Nighttime Spectacular "Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland!" debuts July 10 at Cinderella Castle and will feature live actors, fountains, and projections.

New shows replacing "Minnie! Oh Minnie!" in Adventureland and "Steps to Shine" on Dockside Stage debut July 10.

Tanabata Festival extended for entire month June 7 - July 7.

Summer will remain unchanged, aside from the new shows debuting.

New Halloween theme at Disneyland and new Christmas theme at Disney Sea. "The Villains World" and "Disney Christmas Stories" return and a special version of Tower of Terror will debut for Halloween.

There will be a grand finale celebration, but nothing substantial announced.
Full press release: http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news/news_tdr/20170921-01e/main/0/link/20170921_01e.pdf

Hopefully, the fact Celebrate has stage show elements means we'll see a return to castle shows.

jrhwdw

I didn't see live actors for Celebrate in the release, might be me. Glad to see permanent shows coming to Orleans and Dockside and temp shows for the 35th. I assume they're keeping Happiness On High?

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster
I didn't see live actors for Celebrate in the release, might be me. Glad to see permanent shows coming to Orleans and Dockside and temp shows for the 35th. I assume they're keeping Happiness On High?
It said Mickey on a stage. I'm assuming that means a live Mickey. We'll have to wait for June or July to get the full picture.

Ag11gani

It said Mickey on a stage. I'm assuming that means a live Mickey. We'll have to wait for June or July to get the full picture.

I'm guessing it'll be more along the lines of Frozen Forever where Anna, Elsa and Olaf just walked on the the castle walkway from the castle than an actual castle stage/show.

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster
I'm guessing it'll be more along the lines of Frozen Forever where Anna, Elsa and Olaf just walked on the the castle walkway from the castle than an actual castle stage/show.
I'm pretty sure that was a one time only thing though. I'm keeping hopeful it means an actual castle stage since Tokyo has become so famous for those stage shows and haven't had one since Once Upon a Time started.

jrhwdw

I'm pretty sure that was a one time only thing though. I'm keeping hopeful it means an actual castle stage since Tokyo has become so famous for those stage shows and haven't had one since Once Upon a Time started.
It was one time only which was too bad since that was a nice introduction to Frozen Forever.

Ag11gani

Maybe the stage blocks the castle too much for the projections? Also just because it was one time only dosn't mean they can't do it every night for the show.

SweetDuffy101

URAYASU, CHIBA—Tokyo Disney Resort® has announced the entertainment, special events and programs to be offered during the “Tokyo Disney Resort 35th ‘Happiest Celebration!’” taking place from April 15, 2018 through March 25, 2019. This major celebration marks the 35th Anniversary of the Grand Opening of Tokyo Disneyland® Park. Guests visiting the Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea® Parks will be able to experience the happiest time ever with the Disney Friends and Cast Members during this milestone year.

Kicking off the celebration at Tokyo Disneyland Park will be the premiere of “Dreaming Up!,” a brand new daytime parade, and the reopening of the iconic attraction “it’s a small world” after being temporarily closed for extensive enhancements. Then in summer, “Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland” will premiere. This new nighttime spectacular at Cinderella Castle will feature more new effects and a grander scale than ever before. A special theme song created just for the 35th Anniversary will be used in various programs.

Over the anniversary year at both Parks, Guests will find elements of “Tokyo Disney Resort 35th Anniversary ‘Happiest Celebration!’” in the special events for Easter, Halloween and Christmas,as well as in other exciting programs. In addition, not only will Guests discover special merchandise and special menu items just for the 35th anniversary, but also a special shop opening at Tokyo Disneyland for a limited period only. The Disney hotels and the Disney Resort Line will also celebrate the event, adding to the excitement around Tokyo Disney Resort. Tokyo Disneyland Park opened its gates on April 15, 1983 and grew from a single theme park into a resort that includes Tokyo DisneySea Park, four Disney Hotels and more.

Tokyo Disney Resort 35th “Happiest Celebration!”

Disney Resort has continued to be a place filled with happy moments where people of all ages can have magical experiences, a place “where dreams come true.” In 2018, Tokyo Disney Resort will create even more happiness and even brighter dreams as it celebrates 35 years of fun and joy with the “Happiest Celebration!” Please see the attachment for more details on “Tokyo Disney Resort 35th ‘Happiest Celebration!’” For inquiries from the general public, please give the following contact number: Tokyo Disney Resort Information Center 0570-00-8632 (9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.) Note: From overseas, and from some mobile phones and IP phones, please call 045-330-5211.

Programs to be Presented in Fiscal Year 2018 at Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea Parks

Starting April 15, 2018

Daytime Parade at Tokyo Disneyland “Dreaming Up!” Kicking off the “Tokyo Disney Resort 35th ‘Happiest Celebration!’” is the premiere of this grand daytime parade. Spectacular floats brimming with the colors, dreams and imagination of Disney films will feature characters and images from Fantasia, Beauty and the Beast, Peter Pan and more, including for the first time Big Hero Six. Mickey Mouse and his Disney Friends will take Guests to this world of dreams.

Dreaming Up!” will be sponsored by NTT Docomo, Inc. Happiness Is Here,” the daytime parade currently presented at Tokyo Disneyland, will end on April 9, 2018.

Starting April 15, 2018

Tokyo Disneyland Attraction “it’s a small world” Re-opening A favorite with Guests of all ages, the newly enhanced attraction will feature around 40 new figures representing characters from Disney films. The attraction’s iconic soundtrack will be remixed with additional music that evokes memorable scenes from the films. As before, Guests board boats for the “happiest cruise that ever sailed ’round the world” and are welcomed by doll-like children andanimals. Elsa, Anna and Olaf from the Disney film Frozen join the cast, together with characters from other Disney films including Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, Peter Pan, Tangled, Mulan, Aladdin and The Lion King. to greet Guests. at Tokyo Disneyland “it’s a small world” is sponsored by NTT Nippon Express Co., Ltd. and will offer the Disney FASTPASS service.

April 15, 2018 – March 25, 2019

Greeting on the harbor at Tokyo DisneySea [Title to be announced] Dressed in their special costumes for the 35th Anniversary, Mickey Mouse and other “it’s a small world” Disney characters, including Duffy and Friends, will greet Guests from on board a special boat on the waters of Mediterranean Harbor. The greeting will take place to the music of the 35th anniversary theme song.

Starting July 10, 2018

Nighttime Spectacular at Tokyo Disneyland “Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland” Premiering this summer is this new entertainment presented on a grand scale. The show will feature fountains of water and lights filling the nighttime sky in addition to the colorful images projected onto Cinderella Castle. The show begins with Mickey Mouse appearing on stage and a magical spell that turns the castle into a world of imagination. Guests will experience various areas of Tokyo Disneyland through images and music.

Starting July 10, 2018

New Show at Theater Orleans at Tokyo Disneyland [Title to be announced] A new show featuring Mickey Mouse and his pals will premiere at this open-air theater in Adventureland. Guests and the Disney Friends will share the excitement as lively music plays. During the 35th Anniversary event period, the show will also feature the 35th Anniversary theme song and other elements.

Starting July 10, 2018

New Show at Dockside Stage at Tokyo DisneySea [Title to be announced] The Dockside Stage in the New York area of American Waterfront will offer a new show with Mickey Mouse and his pals. Guests will be able to enjoy the ambience of this themed port through this show which will also feature the 35th Anniversary theme song and other elements during the 35th Anniversary event period. Performances of “Steps to Shine,” the show currently being presented, will end on March 19, 2018.

January 11 to March 25, 2019

At Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea “Tokyo Disney Resort 35th ‘Happiest Celebration!’” Grand Finale The Grand Finale of this milestone celebration, which ends on March 25, 2019, will immerse Guests at Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea in an ambience celebrating all the happy feelings generated over the anniversary year. Merchandise exclusive to the Grand Finale will add to the excitement of the 35th

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom