Toddler at IOA?

Figaro

Original Poster
Ok I gotta ask....has anyone taken a 2 1/2 yr old to IOA? Is there enough stuff to keep them entertained? It seems like most of the stuff is geared towards older kids and adults.

I haven't been there yet and really want to try it but I'm reluctant to go b/c of the little guy. It would only be me, my DH and son. I know they have that baby swap thing, but it's just not the same going on the rides by yourself. :(

Thanks!

TURKEY

Probally would like Suess Landing, but not so sure on the rest of the park.

I would think 2 1/2 would still be too short to get on several things.

Jurassic Park area might be one area that he would like.

Disney4648

Im sure the child would really like Seuss Landings, and Jurassic park...they have a attraction called Triceratops Encounter and its really cool.

woofboy111

I'd go anyway. Even if he can't go on all of the rides, there are a few that he could go on, as well as all of the plagrounds. Chances are he could go on everything in suess landings. He could probably make it on Storm Force (teacups) in marvel superhero island and the flying unicorn in the lost continent (kiddie coaster). Toon Lagoon has a great popeye playground that's great for little kids, and he might be tall enough for the actuall popeye ride. The Jurassic park playground has to be the best one in the park. It's good for all ages (I enjoy parts of it), and it outdoes Animal Kingdoms Dinoland playground due to its size and landscapeing. I would have to say it takes about 45 minutes to walk around the whole thing, and there are places that you will have trouble finding in it that are really cool. I've had my annual pass for about 10 months now, and the last time I went, I found these really cool caves in the playground. They are in the rocks to the left, and take some exploring to get into. On the inside, there are 3 levels of nets, all over bubbling, steaming hot springs. They also have a suspended coaster going around this playground, which is only for kids under 52 inches. You have to go with him to ride.

I ouldn't miss the park. You'll enjoy it, even if you can't go on everything because of your toddler.

howlin_mad

I'd say to skip it this time and wait until he's four or five years old. Despite what others say, the spinning in Cat in the Hat actually gets a little intense and you feel some strong lateral G's at times. The same would be true for Storm Force in Super Hero Island. He might be able to handle the Flying Unicorn, but that's probably pushing it. Chances are the only rides he could be able to go on would be One Fish, Two Fish, the Caro-Seuss-El, and the Pteranadon Flyers.

Castle Cake Apologist

Figaro,
Please, no child deserves to have to suffer like that. I beg of you, do not take the poor child to IoA. I'm not going to argue becuase I know I'll get no-where with these droids, but I really need to tell you that taking a toddler to IoA is a BIG mistake. I've done it, I would know. These Universal Obsessed Lunatics may tell you what they will, but few (if any of them) have ever had to subject a poor innocent child to the horrors that are contained within Universal Park Premises. At IoA, there are only 6 things a 2 year old (my brother) can do, and that is only if they meet the minimum height requirement. My little brother was able to ride Cat In the Hat, One Fish Two Fish, Storm Teacups, and that stupid non-themed "coaster" Flying Unicorns. He could ride the Pteradon Flyers but we were not about to let him ride one of those flimsy things, and that Dinosaur Playground is much too BIG to let a 2 year old loose on, you'd never see them again. (Unlike Boneyard at Animal Kingdom, where your children are pretty much always in sight.) Sure, he could do the little science center thing-ee at JP, but it is so boring ands the CM's are so RUDE, don't waste your time. I didn't list that he could do Triceratops Encounter because technically all he was alowed to do was look at it, as you have to be as tall as the brown poles to pet the stupid robot becuase some genius designed a friggin' kid's attraction with an animatronic that can kill kids (It can press down with like 1,500 or so pounds). In short, do not waste your time at this sad, half-bit, excuse for a theme park. If you really must go somewhere else than Disney (Tho I don't suggest it) go to Bush Gradens or Sea World, very nice parks. (The drive to Tampa for Busch is worth it, trust me) I hope it's not too late, and that maybe I got through to you.
Sincerly Yours,
Jake

Ps-
FOr other examples of my opinion on this park (One of which is dedicated specifically to Triceratops Encounter) follow the links below: (Notice how the Universal Droids defend the undefendable!)

Triceratops Encounter:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4087

More Random Opinions (Watch the fur fly!):
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6494

A serious thread that stemmed into an argument:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6991

woofboy111

sounds like someone has some strong feelings against universal. Don't worry...I was the same way before I actually went there more than once and got to know the parks.

howlin_mad

Originally posted by woofboy111
sounds like someone has some strong feelings against universal. Don't worry...I was the same way before I actually went there more than once and got to know the parks.

Hey man, I've been to both parks dozens of times and can verify that DisneyExpert is speaking the truth.

woofboy111

I've been going to both universal parks at least twice a month (getting the most out of those annual passes. If I had passes to Disney, I'd do the same thing). Some of the things that Disney Expert said are true, but not all of them. The cast members at Universal used to be rude. Since they built IoA, the have fixed that problem. I would rate their cast members attitude the same as Disney's (of course, there is always an exception here and there, and that goes for all parks, including Disney).

About the Jurassic park playground. No...It's not a good idea to let a three year old loose in it, but is that a good idea in any playground? If you go with them, chances are you too will enjoy going around it (i've gone with a 3 year old). For Triceratops discovery trail (formely tricertops encounter), they have railings around the dinosaur. If you're worried about the dinosaur hurting you, or your kid, don't climb over the railing. I'm sure some sof the animatronics at disney can put out just as much pressure.

what makes you think the Teradactal flyers are flimsy? They are inspected every day. There has never been an incident involving poor vehical design. The only thing that has ever happened on them, is a brake coming on, and not turning off.

Like you said, busch gardens and Sea world are nice parks, but they DO have rude cast members, and hardly anything is themed (or very light themeing). The Universal parks are theme parks not owned by disney. Going to them doesn't mean anything bad will happen. I still reccomend going, because even though you may not be able to go on everything, you will still have a good time.

orlandoparks

Originally posted by DisneyExpert
Figaro,
Please, no child deserves to have to suffer like that. I beg of you, do not take the poor child to IoA. I'm not going to argue becuase I know I'll get no-where with these droids, but I really need to tell you that taking a toddler to IoA is a BIG mistake. I've done it, I would know. These Universal Obsessed Lunatics may tell you what they will, but few (if any of them) have ever had to subject a poor innocent child to the horrors that are contained within Universal Park Premises. At IoA, there are only 6 things a 2 year old (my brother) can do, and that is only if they meet the minimum height requirement. My little brother was able to ride Cat In the Hat, One Fish Two Fish, Storm Teacups, and that stupid non-themed "coaster" Flying Unicorns. He could ride the Pteradon Flyers but we were not about to let him ride one of those flimsy things, and that Dinosaur Playground is much too BIG to let a 2 year old loose on, you'd never see them again. (Unlike Boneyard at Animal Kingdom, where your children are pretty much always in sight.) Sure, he could do the little science center thing-ee at JP, but it is so boring ands the CM's are so RUDE, don't waste your time. I didn't list that he could do Triceratops Encounter because technically all he was alowed to do was look at it, as you have to be as tall as the brown poles to pet the stupid robot becuase some genius designed a friggin' kid's attraction with an animatronic that can kill kids (It can press down with like 1,500 or so pounds). In short, do not waste your time at this sad, half-bit, excuse for a theme park. If you really must go somewhere else than Disney (Tho I don't suggest it) go to Bush Gradens or Sea World, very nice parks. (The drive to Tampa for Busch is worth it, trust me) I hope it's not too late, and that maybe I got through to you.
Sincerly Yours,
Jake

Ps-
FOr other examples of my opinion on this park (One of which is dedicated specifically to Triceratops Encounter) follow the links below: (Notice how the Universal Droids defend the undefendable!)

Triceratops Encounter:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4087

More Random Opinions (Watch the fur fly!):
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6494

A serious thread that stemmed into an argument:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6991

Seems to me like your a "Disney Droid". Universal has some good things too. Notice how you just dis Universal in every post about it. There are lots of fun things to do there. You just don't want to admit that Universal has some things better than Disney. (That also goes the other way around too :) )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom