To go or not to go?

Lightyear

Original Poster
We had thoughts of taking advantade of the kids free tickets for July 9 & 10.

Hubby and I are both a little nervous about lines. With no "fastpass" system will we get to do anything with out waiting for an hour? I have not been for a few years, I remember Spiderman having a huge line.

(We will not be staying in a Uni. resort. Thanks to grandpa and the free condo use.)

Should we save our money? Thanks !

Lisa

AndyP

If you get there early you can get around quite a few attractions without waiting in a line. But basically, without the express system, normal lines should be shorter. This is what I see as the biggest problem with FastPass, people don't expect to wait in lines anymore just like we all used to do on a regular basis. Personally I'd go, I normally enjoy a ride more after queuing due to anticipation of the ride itself! Plus, Universal parks are great no matter what some people on this board may tell you!

crazydaveh

I agree with AndyP. Get there when the gates open and hit the coasters and other attractions. You can probably get around one of the parks before the lines back up.

If you want coasters, hit IOA, if not, hit USF first. The lines usually die back down after the afternoon storm hits as well.

We went last July & it was super busy. We didn't stay on-site either & typically went later in the afternoons & then until closing time. For us, the weather was terrible.. it's hot here where I live, but it was so hot AND crowded that any time I spent outside was almost unenjoyable. We would pretty much move from one building to the next. If on the first day you don't get anywhere, I'd invest in the Fastpass, I found it to be worth it when I went again this March. I got alot more ground covered! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom