Tips/hints for my first-timer aunt, uncle, and little cousins

officialtom

So we're going to the world in 16 days (PUMPED!) for our fourth trip, but this time my aunt, uncle, and little cousins will be there at the same time as us. We'll be at POR (our fav!) and they'll be at CB. My little cousins are 5 (girl) and 9 (boy) and I'm putting together a list of tips/hints for my aunt's packing purposes.

Obviously she'll pack the basics like sunscreen, but I want to help her out with some of the more park- and resort-specific stuff that she might not think of. So far I have stuff like:

Gum
Ponchos
The lightest bag possible to carry important stuff to the parks
Cold meds
Ziploc bags for cell phones, cameras, etc. if it rains
Laundry detergent
US text/data package (we're Canadian)
Bandaids for sandal blisters
Sharpie to mark the bottom of their dining plan cups
Resort info on cards for the kids' pockets (room number, mom's cell number...)

Please feel free to add below! Could be specific items, or even tips for the resort/parks that I might not think of. I was 12 the first time I went, and I honestly don't remember a whole lot about it so I'm struggling to remember things to bring as first-timers and for the kids.

Thanks! 16 days and counting...

Weather_Lady

I'd also suggest clothespins (the old-fashioned wooden kind are available for cheap, and in abundance, at any Walmart or similar store). Not only do they help you hang up your suits and towels on the clothesline (assuming you're staying at a WDW resort or at another hotel that has the pull-out one across the shower), but you can use them as a "Chip clip" for snacks, a paper clip to keep important documents together, etc.

Also, if they don't want to have the kids carry cards with important info., they can Sharpie their phone numbers on the underside of the kids' MagicBands, and/or bring some Safety Tats. (Safety Tats are a temporary tattoo on which parents can write their cell phone number. We used them on our last trip and each one survived a good 3-4 days of sweat, pool water and showers before it needed to be replaced.)

Upvote 0

Tom 55

So we're going to the world in 16 days (PUMPED!) for our fourth trip, but this time my aunt, uncle, and little cousins will be there at the same time as us. We'll be at POR (our fav!) and they'll be at CB. My little cousins are 5 (girl) and 9 (boy) and I'm putting together a list of tips/hints for my aunt's packing purposes.

Obviously she'll pack the basics like sunscreen, but I want to help her out with some of the more park- and resort-specific stuff that she might not think of. So far I have stuff like:

Gum
Ponchos
The lightest bag possible to carry important stuff to the parks
Cold meds
Ziploc bags for cell phones, cameras, etc. if it rains
Laundry detergent
US text/data package (we're Canadian)
Bandaids for sandal blisters
Sharpie to mark the bottom of their dining plan cups
Resort info on cards for the kids' pockets (room number, mom's cell number...)

Please feel free to add below! Could be specific items, or even tips for the resort/parks that I might not think of. I was 12 the first time I went, and I honestly don't remember a whole lot about it so I'm struggling to remember things to bring as first-timers and for the kids.

Thanks! 16 days and counting...

When I went with the grand kids here is what I learned.
autograph books
Light sticks for night time activities
good fitting shoes not sandals. kids were always tripping because of the little looseness from sandals. You know you lift your foot up so far and trip when that little bit of a difference in tight fitting gets caught on something.
At the park rent the double strollers. By the end of days kids will have place to nap. The rest of time a place to store all the stuff you bring. We left all kinds of stuff in them while on rides and nobody bothered it.
Kids went to the pools more than once a day so more than one bathing suit was required.

My favorite resort is POFQ will be there again in 181 days. In 2012 grand kids were at CB and it took so much time to get from one hotel to another and CB has so many bus stops. Just going around the place take 30 to 45 minutes with all the stops. That they ended up renting a car.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom