Tips for Disney with an infant

ada0801

Original Poster
I have been to Disney well over 20 times. I have gone as a kid, with my kid, and with no kids. What I have not done is gone with an infant. We have decided last minute to take a three day trip with our 4 year old (a Disney pro) and our 5 month old. Any tips that will make it a better trip for the 5 month old? We are going early May. Thanks in advance!!

Weather_Lady

I haven't been with a baby, but I'd say the most important things will be to: (1) plan your days to accommodate your infant's sleeping/napping/feeding schedule; (2) bring or rent a good stroller, and if he/she is good with a strap-on carrier like a Snugli or Baby Bjorn, bring that, as well, so you don't have to always depend on the stroller; and (3) familiarize yourself with all of the infant care stations in the parks, and make use of them when convenient.

EDIT: Oh, and FYI, if you are breastfeeding, know that Florida law protects your right to do it in public areas. http://breastfeedinglaw.com/state-laws/florida/

Last edited:

jimbojones

I did Disneyland with a 6 month old and 5 year old. It was lots of fun, the baby stayed in a Baby Bjorn and we did rider swap with the bigger one. It was a more laid back trip though, with a little one you can't be running from ride to ride and you need to keep diaper and nursing breaks into account.

ada0801

Original Poster
I did Disneyland with a 6 month old and 5 year old. It was lots of fun, the baby stayed in a Baby Bjorn and we did rider swap with the bigger one. It was a more laid back trip though, with a little one you can't be running from ride to ride and you need to keep diaper and nursing breaks into account.

Your trip sounds similar to our situation. The good news is we are going again next March, so slower works for us. We will make sure to pack our carrier. The kids don't know so I can't wait to tell them (well, the 4 year old).

jlsHouston

We had this unexpected addition arrive last November so we skipped Thanksgiving and Spring Break at WDW...however the DGD and DGS are expecting us to go this summer and I am dreading it with a 7 month old and a stroller....

CaptainAmerica

We're going in April for a seven night trip with our five-month old. With the research I've done and conversations I've had, it seems like the most important advice is to know your individual baby and what he or she needs rather than trying to find tips that apply to ALL babies. For us, our daughter can sleep any place and her nap schedule is erratic but she's an excellent sleeper (11-12 hours straight) at night, so we'll focus on going to bed at a consistent time rather than traveling back and forth to the hotel for scheduled naps during the day. She generally does a good job at restaurants so we won't hesitate to schedule one sit-down meal per day. Other babies might be exactly the opposite, requiring scheduled naps and zero table-service meals.

Some people consider this more of a private topic than others, but if you're breastfeeding and comfortable nursing in public, there are plenty of private and semi-private locations at WDW to nurse. If it's an option, I wouldn't even bother with a pump and all the bottle accessories because that's just an entire new category of crap to lug around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom