Tipping the hotel staff?

twinfo3728

Original Poster
Hello all! I have a question about tipping the cleaning crew. I normally tip $8 per day for deluxe and $5 per day in moderate resorts. Is that too cheap or high or just right? Also where do you leave the tip? I usually leave it in an envelope each day in the bathroom on the mirror and it gets taken. I tried the nightstand but it didn't get picked up. All input is appreciated.
I did search for this thread so if its a repeat, sorry. :)

AndyS2992

Being British, tipping is not part of our culture however on our last visit we stayed at Pop and gave her $20 for her two weeks of service. Looking at how much you pay makes me feel very cheap lol Although I bet a lot of people don't tip at all.

G00fyDad

Hello all! I have a question about tipping the cleaning crew. I normally tip $8 per day for deluxe and $5 per day in moderate resorts. Is that too cheap or high or just right? Also where do you leave the tip? I usually leave it in an envelope each day in the bathroom on the mirror and it gets taken. I tried the nightstand but it didn't get picked up. All input is appreciated.
I did search for this thread so if its a repeat, sorry. :)

There is a small blue card that you are supposed to leave it under on the entertainment center or the table. Mark it clearly too. The amounts you tip are about right. I tip $2 per person in the room the night before. Also, tip each day, not all at once. You may have more than once Mousekeeper. ;)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
There is a small blue card that you are supposed to leave it under on the entertainment center or the table. Mark it clearly too. The amounts you tip are about right. I tip $2 per person in the room the night before. Also, tip each day, not all at once. You may have more than once Mousekeeper. ;)
At POFQ...we didn't have the blue card this year. I do recall it from previous trips.

As far as the question...I also do 2 per day, and I do it daily. I don't discriminate by resort (deluxe/moderate/value). Not that it helped the quality of the Mousekeeping all that much (not something I'll get into)...

On the cruise ship, I tipped FAR more than that (over $125 for 7 nights)...but, ask anyone who's done the cruise, your Room Stewards will really spoil you.

WDW could learn something from that. There's no reason why this can't be replicated at the parks. None.

PUSH

We usually give a couple bucks per clean and leave it in an envelope on one of the pillows. Sometimes we are in the room and just want fresh towels, though, so we don't tip then.

real mad hatter

Being British, tipping is not part of our culture however on our last visit we stayed at Pop and gave her $20 for her two weeks of service. Looking at how much you pay makes me feel very cheap lol Although I bet a lot of people don't tip at all.
Excuse me Andy..:jawdrop:.. ( Theres a snake in my boot ) Being British tipping is not part of our culture..:jawdrop:..Are you sure not not from the Orkney Islands.?:joyfull:....I always tip after a meal in UK..Not as much as 15% and never 20% but yes for meals..The only reason I don't tip hotel staff and workers in Scotland is because I never carry any Zloty ( Polish currency ) And my recent stay at Glasgows Hilton confirmed my suspicions when the barmaid asked if I would like any ice when I ordered Whisky on the rocks..:confused:...

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Excuse me Andy..:jawdrop:.. ( Theres a snake in my boot ) Being British tipping is not part of our culture..:jawdrop:..Are you sure not not from the Orkney Islands.?:joyfull:....I always tip after a meal in UK..Not as much as 15% and never 20% but yes for meals..The only reason I don't tip hotel staff and workers in Scotland is because I never carry any Zloty ( Polish currency ) And my recent stay at Glasgows Hilton confirmed my suspicions when the barmaid asked if I would like any ice when I ordered Whisky on the rocks..:confused:...
You must be in a minority because one never gets ones butler to leave a tip for the working class.Most places in the UK have the tip built in to the price.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
You also don't wear underwear under that kilt, eh? Keeping it real!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
We do have a wee sporran to keep our pennies intact..;)...Tho it's said,some men have bigger sporrans than others..:jawdrop:...
Sometime in the next 5 years I'm taking the kid to the UK, and if I do and we head up north (which we probably will, as that's where some of her roots are and I'd want her to see it), I owe you a pint!

Awesome response. Cheers! (hold me to that, it's a free pint!)

real mad hatter

Sometime in the next 5 years I'm taking the kid to the UK, and if I do and we head up north (which we probably will, as that's where some of her roots are and I'd want her to see it), I owe you a pint!

Awesome response. Cheers! (hold me to that, it's a free pint!)
FREE PINT..:jawdrop:..Outa my way...:D....My castle is the one with a Walmart flag..You canny miss it..:joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom