Timing Question

oommggitskait

So my bf and I finally booked our flights yesterday for our August trip. We were lucky enough to sign up for a southwest chase card with a 2 round trip flight promo a little over a month ago. With the prices of flights being what they are right now this was a HUGE help for us. The only downside was we were given these flights in southwests OLD rewards system, not their new point based system ..... wow I'm getting way too detailed here. Long story short, we didn't get the ideal times that we wanted and are arriving to the world a little later in the day than we had originally wanted/planned for.

Our flight lands (hopefully!) at 1:30 (we were hoping more for 9am, but you win some you lose some, am I right?). We will be taking advantage of ME and I've always just let them handle our bags. We have 9:30pm dinner at Cali Grill. My (probably wishful) thinking is that we can check into the hotel, head out to the parks for maybe an hour or two, come back, shower up and change and get to the Contemporary in time for our 930 ADR. Am I thinking like a crazy person?? Is this even possible do you think?

It pains me to think we would be wasting an entire day traveling and not getting much if any time in the parks. I'd love it if we could change into our Cali Grill clothes right when we get to the hotel, but we #1- won't have them yet because of ME handling our bags and #2 - I don't want to sweat them all up in the August heat.

I need a logical thinker to help me plan this one out!

WDWmazprty

Well, if you land at around 1:30, you probably wont get to the hotel until around 3 maybe 3:30. Your room may be ready by then, and if it is great! if not, you could go to Downtown Disney and walk around before your Cali dinner.

By the way, what resort are you at?

Upvote 0

oommggitskait

Original Poster
Well, if you land at around 1:30, you probably wont get to the hotel until around 3 maybe 3:30. Your room may be ready by then, and if it is great! if not, you could go to Downtown Disney and walk around before your Cali dinner.

By the way, what resort are you at?

Ha! Totally forgot to mention resort, French Quarter. So DTD isn't a terrible idea, it would be the closest, and a nice boat ride for that matter.

I'm just bitter. We usually get to FL so early, like 9am early. And I like it that way because we get an ENTIRE day in the parks. Our trip is only 6 days long, and spending 2 days traveling really cuts down on in the park time. I suppose I should shut up because I didn't pay a cent for the flights and should be happy I'm saving so much money!

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

Ok, yeah DTD would be a great place to chill out and wind down from the flight. It's a bummer you dont have more time though.

Do you HAVE to fly? How far are you away from FL?

We live in Nashville and its about an 11 hour drive for us, but its just sooo expensive to fly witha family of four nowadays. Plus the ride isnt a bad one. If the drive isnt that long, maybe you could change and drive down.:shrug:

Also, do you PH's? that might help you be able to get to more stuff since two days are going to be taken up with travel.

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Take the money

You saved on airfare and put some towrd renting a car. You wont have to rely on disney transportation - which is convenient but time consuming! One of you can still take the ME so the luggage gets handled while the other rents the car gats to the hotel first and checks in! A car will gain you all the additional time you need to hit the parks and get to your adr with time to spare!

Priceline name your own price - for your amount of days you probably wont spend more than 150 if that- and it will be worth every penny.

Upvote 0

oommggitskait

Original Poster
In answer to your point #1: Pack your California Grill clothes in your carry-on luggage.

-Rob

Good call. I wonder how un-classy it is to change into our nicer clothes in a hotel bathroom.

Ok, yeah DTD would be a great place to chill out and wind down from the flight. It's a bummer you dont have more time though.

Do you HAVE to fly? How far are you away from FL?

We live in Nashville and its about an 11 hour drive for us, but its just sooo expensive to fly witha family of four nowadays. Plus the ride isnt a bad one. If the drive isnt that long, maybe you could change and drive down.:shrug:

Also, do you PH's? that might help you be able to get to more stuff since two days are going to be taken up with travel.

We don't HAVE to fly, but life in Philadelphia, so driving is a good 18 hours. Plus the flights were free and I'm not in any financial position to turn down something free! :lol:
I'm pretty good with acronyms, but you got me with PH? Passholder?
The good news is, since I just checked, MK is open until 2am the night we arrive, so all is not lost :)

Upvote 0

oommggitskait

Original Poster
You saved on airfare and put some towrd renting a car. You wont have to rely on disney transportation - which is convenient but time consuming! One of you can still take the ME so the luggage gets handled while the other rents the car gats to the hotel first and checks in! A car will gain you all the additional time you need to hit the parks and get to your adr with time to spare!

Priceline name your own price - for your amount of days you probably wont spend more than 150 if that- and it will be worth every penny.

You know, I never really thought of renting a car. That's a different option for us. Something worth looking into. Thanks!

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

Good call. I wonder how un-classy it is to change into our nicer clothes in a hotel bathroom.

We don't HAVE to fly, but life in Philadelphia, so driving is a good 18 hours. Plus the flights were free and I'm not in any financial position to turn down something free! :lol:
I'm pretty good with acronyms, but you got me with PH? Passholder?
The good news is, since I just checked, MK is open until 2am the night we arrive, so all is not lost :)

You know, I never really thought of renting a car. That's a different option for us. Something worth looking into. Thanks!

Lol! Im originally from South Jersey, so I know how that drive is! But yeah, if the flight is free, then thats good.

Of course, renting a car is not a bad idea either. =)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom