Timetable on Pirates Rehab?

STITCHRULES

Original Poster
I am new and this is my first post. I have read alot about the rehab going to be taking place for POTC at WDW. I have planned a trip for August and for December. I am certain it will still be running in August, but what about December? Any idea when the rehab is to take place. Called Disney and asked and they won't say...

i<3disney4ever

don't want to rain on ur parade but i heard october and it's gonna take about 8 to 12 months to be rehabbed. but it's only rumor so i could have my sources wrong. but hey at least u'll get to ride it in august! :)

BonzoAPD

i<3disney4ever said:
don't want to rain on ur parade but i heard october and it's gonna take about 8 to 12 months to be rehabbed. but it's only rumor so i could have my sources wrong. but hey at least u'll get to ride it in august! :)

wow that's an extremely long time

artdude323

My sources said that it needed the same Asbestos abatement work that Small World needed, which is the reason for the super long rehab time.

And if the rumors are true that the POTC II movie will be premiering in WDW, I'd bet on it being done in June 2006, at the latest.

STITCHRULES

Original Poster
Thanks for all the info - I too heard Sept. for closing which is why we had to book an "emergency" trip just to ride it in August!

Disneyfan1981

Not to change the subject but Screamscape is reporting that the DL version of Pirates will undergo a radical rehab incorporating Ghost pirates from the film. They even have promo art pieces (That are disclaimered as being possible fan art) that say "Pirates of the Scaribbean! Come see how scary a pirate's life can be!" It also lists coming in 2006, has anyone heard more about this? Is the WDW rehab incorporating some of this too?

HTML:
http://www.screamscape.com/html/pirates_of_the_scareibbean_0.htm

General Grizz

Disneyland has been messing around with the idea of having an ALTERNATE attraction during the evening hours based off of the movie (pirate interaction with moonlight). From what I've heard, these plans wouldn't much affect the original attraction.

artdude323

The after-dark version would take you to the right just past the Ship and Fort, instead of through the pillaged burning village. You'd go behind the existing sets on a whole new track, where the maintenance bay is now, and the attraction would be completely new from that point to rejoining the existing track near the end. It would be dark and filled with skeleton cursed Pirates.

From what I understand, POTC would close for a brief time each day to effect the changeover, and when riders in the new after dark ride got to the ship and fort, the ship would be filled with skeleton Pirates instead of the human ones that are there now. Jim Hill Media had a complete breakdown of this a few months ago, if someone feels like finding the story on his site.

Most of the work can be done without closing the attraction, only the installation of the new track and the switvhing mechanism would require that, so it may be that it's already in production.

No news of it happening at WDW yet - let's hope it's wildly successful so they do install it there too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom