Time Slows

disney4life2008

And then, when you get there, it hits HYPERULTRAEXTREMEMEGASPEEDMODE and you're thinking "Wait, is it already over????"

It is amazing how fast a disney vacation comes and goes. I know a lot of people view vacation as "sleep and rest" but I feel like that makes it go by even quicker. I have a method now - my first 3 days are heavier because I know I am well rested and can withstand longer waking hours vs sleep. Usually in those 3 days I have completed a good majority of my main attractions at the parks. By day 4 I begin to rest but still have an active plan. Usually my last day I have an open day which is enjoying the disney room/resort.

Upvote 0

Sans Souci

I am sailing on the Dream three weeks from today and then popping into WDW for four days. Part of me wants it to happen quickly and the other part wants to chill. Once the vacation is over, school is back in session and the summer winds down. Sadness.:(

Upvote 0

awheartsdw

Exactly one week from today. And then come two weeks from today, we'll be sitting around at home saying "at this time last Sunday we were on such and such ride." And that's the worst part of it.

Upvote 0

SMS55

40 days til we arrive. Normally I don't notice it too much with the hustle and bustle of daily life. I start noticing it when I get to about 20. Then it becomes harder to avoid. In fairness, I am a Florida resident and since business has been going really well the last two years we're going with seasonals and we go about every 3-4 months for a long weekend. We're not waiting a whole year or two. My sympathies to those of you that must do that. Disney is never too far away in our household.

Upvote 0

KCheatle

My time seems to go in waves where it's really fast and then really slow, and then fast, and then slow, etc. etc.

When I'm working on getting the trip booked, time goes slow because I'm anxious to get it done. The time period then between booking and 180-days-out flies and I always seem caught off-guard for dining reservations. Then once that's done, it is at a craaawwwllll up until the 45-day mark approaches and I have to pay the whole thing off. Those last few weeks fly by as I scramble to come up with the cash. Then the next 45 days just get slower and slower until the day before I leave which feels like 4 days in 1. But, then the trip comes and goes in the blink of an eye.

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

I felt like time really went by fast for us after we booked until the past few days and now it seems to be crawling by at 35 days to go. One thing about it though after the horribly long 1800+ it has been since our last trip 35 days sounds pretty good no matter how slow they feel right now! :)

Upvote 0

Lunamis

We're at 60 days until Yacht Club 1 night/Disney Dream 3 days/POFQ for 4 more nights with Food and Wine Fest!!

I feel like this is the worst time...once I'm within a month and start getting ME tags and such, it seems like it's around the corner. 60 days out, I've already made reservations and can't plan much else that I haven't yet already.

Glad you all understand- UGH!

Upvote 0

mpeters

Original Poster
6 days, 13 hours, 35 minutes.......................and im officially checked out of work.........still here physically though

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom