Tiki Beach vs 7 mile beach.....

JCtheparrothead

Original Poster
Has anyone went on the Tiki Beach Grand Cayman excursion? I travel quite a bit and can get a room at the Marriott for the day and use their beach (no $$$ spent due to points). Just trying to figure out if the limited time at Tiki Beach is worth it.

Thanks in advance

ChuckElias

I've never been to Tiki Beach, but it's only about 5 minutes farther from the port than Seven Mile Beach (according to Google Maps). My wife loves Seven Mile Beach. Whenever we stop at Grand Cayman, that's where we go. We've never bothered to get a room, because you can use the bathrooms in the resorts along the beach, and then sit out on the beach behind the hotel. We've never had any problems doing it that way.

To be honest, I wouldn't even have thought of getting a room until you mentioned it. Is there another reason to get a room, other than having access to the bathroom/shower?

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
We have done Tiki Beach once before. For the price I found it to be fine but not much more than that. The beach itself is gorgeous but they bus in guests from all ships to the location. The day we were there it was 5 or 6 ships with anchors weighed so the beach was slammed pack. You have to be careful when going out in the water as they request you swim OVER the coral to get out into the water. You will hear them hollering down if you stop and stand on it, not necessarily in a mean way, though. They have to protect what is there.

JCtheparrothead

Original Poster
Thanks for your insight everyone. I am going to stick with my reservation at the Marriott for the day. Sounds like it is pretty easy to get a cab/bus and it will cost me much less and be way less crowded for the day.

Phonedave

It is all pretty much the same along that strip there. There are nice beaches, but a little too built up and touristy for my tastes. I would rather go out to Run Point in Kaibo.

There is a gorgeous, secluded, small public beach about the same distance south along South Church Street from where the tenders drop you off called Smith Bacadere. It has a public bathroom, shower, and changing area, plus some picnic tables. You could get a cab there, but I would leave plenty of time to get back - as it is in not so touristy an area as SMB.

I believe they run excursions to Rum Point as well

JCtheparrothead

Original Poster
Yeah i tried the Rum point (one of my favorite spots that i have visited) excursion but all of them include a stop at Stingray city which excludes my 3 year old. The one that does not go there is sold out. I guess booking later and getting a good price does have its pitfalls.

wdwstateofmind

Yeah i tried the Rum point (one of my favorite spots that i have visited) excursion but all of them include a stop at Stingray city which excludes my 3 year old. The one that does not go there is sold out. I guess booking later and getting a good price does have its pitfalls.
Dude, the 'taxi's' in Grand Cayman are sooo laid back; don't hesitate getting into an island carpool van, it's worth it. I guarantee they can take you to it and you can try Rum Point regardless of Disney excursion cap. Really, the people of the island will be your greatest asset once you get off the ship, they can help you get anywhere for like 5 bucks and put you in the spot to do whatever you desire.

YoJDew

We did Tiki beach last Number, and I don't think it was worth it. The staff there isn't particularly friendly, and the food is just okay. And very expensive. If I did that itinerary again, I would probably just pop us into a taxi and go to 7 mile Beach.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom