Ticket question

daisyduckie

A friend told me that all tickets now have an expiration date, and even if you don't use them, they will expire within a year. Is that right? When did that start, and how did I miss it?

I've purchased 5 day tickets for my family, and now one person only needs a 3 day. I thought I would buy them a 3 day and save the 5 day for later on. But that won't work now? Could someone point me in the direction to find this information? Thanks so much!

drizgirl

I think the tickets purchased now have an expiration date of 12/31/18. If you don't use it by then, my understanding is that they will apply what you paid for the ticket to a new ticket.

Upvote 0

yensid67

(adding to what drizgirl said...it depends on when and where you purchased the tickets? I ought tickets last year and my ticket is the 'expires 14 days after use ticket' if in doubt call Disney,

Upvote 0

drizgirl

(adding to what drizgirl said...it depends on when and where you purchased the tickets? I ought tickets last year and my ticket is the 'expires 14 days after use ticket' if in doubt call Disney,
The "14 days after first use" is pretty standard (has been that way for years). I think the OP is asking about how long they can sit on the ticket before using it for that first time. Before February of this year, multi-day tickets did not expire. Starting with the last round of price increases in February, the expiration date was added.

So if you bought a multi-day ticket last year, you don't have to worry about expiration until you actually use if for the first time.

Upvote 0

yensid67

It USE to be that the 14 day expiration tickets, if unused, were still good YEARS down the road! BUT Disney might have changed that and might have put a limit on them. If anything else, I would imagine if you have an unused ticket that expired, they may give you credit towards a new ticket!?!?!?!?!?!?

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

I think the tickets purchased now have an expiration date of 12/31/18. If you don't use it by then, my understanding is that they will apply what you paid for the ticket to a new ticket.
When they set the pricing in Feb 2017, the announced that those tickets would expire at the end of 2018.

I assume when ticket pricing is announced in 2018, those tickets will expire at the end of 2019, etc.

They will allow an unused ticket to be used as a credit towards the purchase of a new ticket.

Upvote 0

daisyduckie

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. Makes sense. So now I have to decide if I want to waste a couple of days on a current ticket, or hold onto it and buy a new one.

Upvote 0

Rob562

The *dollar value* of the ticket never expires. If you sit on it too long beyond the listed expiration date, you'd have to apply that monetary value toward a new ticket.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom