Ticket finger scans

ilovepluto23

Original Poster
Does anyone know what year they started doing the ticket finger scans so that only one guest could use that certain ticket?:confused:

My friend has a two day ticket with no expiration which her mom used, and we were wondering if it could be used by another person. They last went in 2002 she believes, and she has never even heard of the finger scanning.

Just curious & trying to figure out if we can save on tickets in January using her mom's old ticket!

Thanks!

metscool

They just started it this year. It does not matter when you got the tickets beccause I used one from a couple years ago and it worked. The finger scaners are only at MK.

Rototom

I'm not 100% sure but I think you will be OK, BUT...once you use the ticket it will be connected for the rest of the days to the users fingerprint.

Let's get more info though.

Tigger1988

They just started it this year. It does not matter when you got the tickets beccause I used one from a couple years ago and it worked. The finger scaners are only at MK.

All of the parks have finger scanners, MK is the only park that scans only 1 finger, the rest scan two fingers

ilovepluto23

Original Poster
Sorry, I left out that it was a 4 day pass initially, and her mom used up 2 of those days. So there are 2 days left. I don't know if they used finger scans when she used half the days (in 2002), and am not sure if either my friend or I can use the rest of the days since her mom used it. Anyone know what year?

They did not start this year, they were there when I went in 2004 and 2005.

darthjohnny

The Finger scanners were introduced I believe a little bit before the Millenium. Before that, on the Seasonal and Annual Passes, there was a photo of yourself.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Officially the answer would be no. Tickets are not transferable.

Unofficially it all depends on what information is printed or encoded on the ticket and if it will be necessary to exchange it for the current ticket medium. I honestly don't know what personal info if any, was encoded on tickets back in 2002. Finger scans will not be an issue as they were only used for AP's until I think 2005. If your mothers name is printed or encoded on the ticket then there is the possibility that you will be asked for ID when using it at the turnstiles and you will almost definitely be asked for ID if it is necessary to exchange it.

If there is no name connected to the ticket the you will be fine using or exchanging it.

The only way to tell what information is encoded on the ticket is at guest services at the parks or DTD.

darthjohnny

The scanners have been around for awhile, they were only used for AP holders before, they only recently started scanning everyone.

That is true! Only passholders used them. It wasn't until tDisney introduced "Magic Your Way" that everyone used it in order to track your ticket, and do away with the stamping on the hand.

monorailguy01

Im am not 100% sure but I do not think you could use the tickets if someone else scanned there finger on those cards.... I tried to use a friend of mines card and they would not let me in we mixed up the tickets by mistake. But I would call like the MK securety or someone that has to do with the parks and ask them. Tell them your story and see what happens..... If all else fails just tell them you just bought it and if it still does not work they should just let you in, I have seen that done before...

I hope everything works out ok...

I think that the ticket finger scans and the other machines that are used for park entering are absolutely stupid. If there are tons of people getting away with using false or the same park ticket, then yes, do something about it. However, I think the "fingers together" machines are ridiculous and that Disney needs to go back to the old way of allowing guests to enter the parks.

"Grow eyes for poachers."

I KNOW they were not there in 2003, but were there in 2005 for certain. So if your friend's mother went in 2002, they are 99% most likely "transferrable." When I went in May of 2005, we used them sometimes, other times it seemed as though they were just "trying it out" even though annual passholders had been using them for some time. But when people would start slowing up the line, they would just have you put your ticket in and hurry through.

I wouldn't worry - as long as it doesn't have your friend's mother's name on it, you should be good :~)

figment1985

I just went to disney in march and I completely forgot about the finger scanners.. I HATE THOSE THINGS.... they NEVER scanned my fingers correctly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom