Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Hoping that “improving pathways” doesn’t mean encroaching on Poohs charming outdoor queue. Critter Country only has large pathway. So to me this sounds like reconfiguring the Pooh meet n greet area.
If anything I would think they would move in the fence line for Pooh but not mess with the queue itself. And then also reconfigure the Pooh M&G too as you said.

mickEblu

If anything I would think they would move in the fence line for Pooh but not mess with the queue itself. And then also reconfigure the Pooh M&G too as you said.

How do you move in the fence line without altering the exterior queue a little bit? By exterior queue I mean the little creek/ foliage/ hundred acre woods area with the little houses between the Pooh ride and the main pathway. Anyway, yeah Im thinking that little seating area and planter outside the store will be the main casualty here.

mickEblu

The Pooh entrance is technically on the eastern side of the train trestle, so they could board things up there and all the construction of the ride entrance and shops would be on the other side. Then they can just put up scrims or walls along the Pooh queue to block the views.

Then again, the queue may be too close to any construction they want to do and will close Pooh for safety reasons. It really depends on what they plan to do. I'm sure the shops will be mostly interior remodels, but they may be wanting to do some configuration changes around the entire land.

I think it’s closing because Poohs exit is right by where I believe the majority of the construction will be in regards to the “ improved pathways.”

Disney Irish

Premium Member
How do you move in the fence line without altering the exterior queue a little bit? By exterior queue I mean the little creek/ foliage/ hundred acre woods area with the little houses between the Pooh ride and the main pathway. Anyway, yeah Im thinking that little seating area and planter outside the store will be the main casualty here.
I doubt they are going to redo the entrance bridge, but isn't there like a good 6-9 foot between the fence line and the creek? So they could bring that in a few feet to widen the walk way as needed.

Plus as you just posted I think redoing the exit configuration is probably going to be done. As I believe that is where they have the parent switch or single rider or whatever they are using that extra queue space for now.

mickEblu

I doubt they are going to redo the entrance bridge, but isn't there like a good 6-9 foot between the fence line and the creek? So they could bring that in a few feet to widen the walk way as needed.

Plus as you just posted I think redoing the exit configuration is probably going to be done. As I believe that is where they have the parent switch or single rider or whatever they are using that extra queue space for now.

I’m not sure exactly but there is some space. Yeah I think this has to do with the area around the exit. Not the entry. My point was we’ll be losing some green space/ nicely themed space for concrete. How much remains to be seen. This reminds me of the hub projects around the Adventureland and Frontierland waterways and how got those for shrunk down just a bit. That wasn’t the end of the world and I’m sure this won’t be either I just wish that there was something ANYTHING in one of these updates to get exciited about. Not just in regards to Tiana but all projects at DLR. They always involve removing my favorite attractions/ locations I like or the loss of the little things I love about Disneyland. Landscaping, real grass, planters, quiet spots, nooks n crannies etc. What is it like to be the person that’s genuinely excited by these updates? What a time to be alive for them. Lol

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’m not sure exactly but there is some space. Yeah I think this has to do with the area around the exit. Not the entry. My point was we’ll be losing some green space/ nicely themed space for concrete. How much remains to be seen. This reminds me of the hub projects around the Adventureland and Frontierland waterways and how got those for shrunk down just a bit. That wasn’t the end of the world and I’m sure this won’t be either I just wish that there was something ANYTHING in one of these updates to get exciited about. Not just in regards to Tiana but all projects at DLR. They always involve removing my favorite attractions/ locations I like or the loss of the little things I love about Disneyland. Landscaping, real grass, planters, quiet spots, nooks n crannies etc. What is it like to be the person that’s genuinely excited by these updates? What a time to be alive for them. Lol
I think they're targeting you..... ;)

CaptinEO

So between NOS and CC you will have 3 stores, 1 restaurant, and 1 attraction all based on a singular movie.

Why not just combine the lands and rename it Tianaland?
It seems a bit too much, I get the Briar Patch but why half the Pooh Corner as well? Too much space for Pooh which the company paid a lot to acquire in the early 2000s? Is that a dead brand?

How many rides or movies have this much retail/restaraunt space? Only thing that tops it is Star Wars which is a huge series spanning 5 decades of movies, games, comics, etc (even then I think the SW presence is overkill).

Who else misses the days where you had one ride and a gift shop. The lands are just too much investment for the visitors to make unless they like the property.

Last edited by a moderator:

mickEblu

It seems a bit too much, I get the Briar Patch but why half the Pooh Corner as well? Too much space for Pooh which the company paid a lot to acquire in the early 2000s? Is that a dead brand?

How many rides or movies have this much retail/restaraunt space? Only thing that tops it is Star Wars which is a huge series spanning 5 decades of movies, games, comics, etc (even then I think the SW presence is overkill).

Although I think they did a good job with it, Eudora’s is the one that doesn’t really make sense in this case. It makes sense to have a gift shop by the attraction exit. The old Briar Patch will just sell hats that they sell all over the park like they did when Splash was around. Eudora’s is the one that feels unnecessary or extra. As far as Tiana’s Palace I’m just happy that it didn’t go in the Hungry Bear and that Critter Country isn’t being rethemed. Anyway I agree it feels like a lot. Spanning two lands too. And I’m someone who likes the movie and finds it thematically appropriate for the two lands even if I lament all that was replaced. I can live with Tiana’s place though even if I still don’t like those smokestacks.

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptinEO

Although I think they did a good job with it, Eudora’s is the one that doesn’t really make sense in this case. It makes sense to have a gift shop by the attraction exit. The old Briar Patch will just sell hats that they sell all over the park like they did when Splash was around. Eudora’s is the one that feels unnecessary or extra. As far as Tiana’s Palace I’m just happy that it didn’t go in the Hungry Bear and that Critter Country isn’t being rethemed. Anyway I agree it feels like a lot. Spanning two lands too. And I’m someone who likes the movie and finds it thematically appropriate for the two lands even if I lament all that was replaced. I can live with Tiana’s place though even if I still don’t like those smokestacks.
I feel Eudora's is the one that makes sense to me anyways. It actually is one of the few new Disney shops to offer something different with cookware and baking mixes. Although the park and New Orlean's Square had unique wares decades ago so guess it's not new.

I hope it doesn't degrade into a bubble wand and T Shirt store like the rest of the shops.

Pooh Corner doesn't have much Pooh merchandise these days anyways.

I'm also glad Hungry Bear is staying. Glad to have some old Disneyland history remain in that part of the park.

mickEblu

I feel Eudora's is the one that makes sense to me anyways. It actually is one of the few new Disney shops to offer something different with cookware and baking mixes. Although the park and New Orlean's Square had unique wares decades ago so guess it's not new.

I hope it doesn't degrade into a bubble wand and T Shirt store like the rest of the shops.

Pooh Corner doesn't have much Pooh merchandise these days anyways.

I'm also glad Hungry Bear is staying. Glad to have some old Disneyland history remain in that part of the park.

It’s a nice shop and sells thematically appropriate merchandise. But if we re talking about being extra id say it’s the one that’s not even in the land of the ride. You’re going to have the exit gift shop. The synergy on the restaurant was too good for them to pass up.

Yeah Pooh has a bunch of generic stuff. I don’t really care that they re “retheming” half of it. Other than whatever the impact is on the surrounding area that is.

Nland316

I don't mind the Tiana IP in the abundance it’s being used (3 shops, 1 restaurant, 1 ride) — it is a formula we are very accustomed to with modern day IP based lands.

However, I do wish all of it was consolidated purely to the Critter Country area.. It would have made more sense instead of having half of the offerings there, and the other half in NOS proper. It should have been contained for A) better thematic consistency and B) to keep classic NOS better intact.

I still really think Hungry Bear should have been rethemed to Tiana’s Palace instead of the French Marketplace..

BasiltheBatLord

A little surprised that they're not just renaming Critter Country entirely. I guess they painted themselves into a corner by leaving Pooh there. CC never really made any sense as it was anyhow (where is it supposed to be representing? Does it imply that Song of the South/Princess and the Frog & Winnie-the-Pooh inhabit the same universe?)

PiratesMansion

I don't mind the Tiana IP in the abundance it’s being used (3 shops, 1 restaurant, 1 ride) — it is a formula we are very accustomed to with modern day IP based lands.

However, I do wish all of it was consolidated purely to the Critter Country area.. It would have made more sense instead of having half of the offerings there, and the other half in NOS proper. It should have been contained for A) better thematic consistency and B) to keep classic NOS better intact.

I still really think Hungry Bear should have been rethemed to Tiana’s Palace instead of the French Marketplace..
Well, Hungry Bear is a landmark for whatever reason according to that DL Forward stuff (not sure how binding or meaningful that is), so...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom