Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

LittleBuford

Why is it weird to desire the story beats, songs and characters as seen in the movie?
I think it's weird to repeatedly claim that little girls will find Adventurer Tiana confusing or unappealing.

And again, if you really want the ride to reflect the movie, the (apparent) lack of emphasis on Tiana's role as a princess is doing just that.

(I say "apparent" because we really have no idea how much her princess identity will factor in to the ride as a whole. Let's not forget the tiara on the water tower.)

Vegas Disney Fan

its kinda weird there are grown men on here upset that tiana isnt portrayed as a helpless princess needing to be rescued like so many others, and is being potrayed as an ambitious self reliant woman following her dreams....just like she was portrayed in the movies.

Acting like all young girls want to be princesses and you cant see them any other way......some of you old men are weird.
I dont view any of the Princesses as helpless, viewing them that way is weird to me.

Of the 13 official Princesses you could maybe make an argument for the first 4 (pre 1990) as helpless (although I’d disagree), the next 3 are more selfless than helpless, and the last 5 are just plain strong. Add in the unofficial Anna and Elsa and the last 7 are strong.

mickEblu

I think it's weird to repeatedly claim that little girls will find Adventurer Tiana confusing or unappealing.

I see. I think it’s a weird choice by Disney for sure. I’ve explained why I think they decided to go that route. Odd choices all around. Not just with Tiana but the story, the exclusion of major characters/ songs, the blogs, how’s they ve decided to market it this ride etc. This is my main gripe and the main gripe with most people who are just confused as I am. They had everything they needed to make this a great ride with PatF and it looks like they blowing it. Things like girls being disappointed are just off shoots of that and just what happens when you talk about the same thing everyday for years.

And again, if you really want the ride to reflect the movie, the (apparent) lack of emphasis on Tiana's role as a princess is doing just that.

Lol wow.

(I say "apparent" because we really have no idea how much her princess identity will factor in to the ride as a whole. Let's not forget the tiara on the water tower.)

It's not about her princess identity. I don't think any adult here wants to sacrifice immersion and placemaking with things like Tiaras on water towers just so we're reminded she's a princess. It's about wanting to see / hear the story beats, characters and songs from the movie. In this story Tiana happens to be a Princess. And that likeness is the one that people (and little girls) want to see.

LittleBuford

It's about wanting to see / hear the story beats, characters and songs from the movie. In this story Tiana happens to be a Princess. And that likeness is the one that people (and little girls) want to see.
You keep contradicting yourself. I'll say it one last time (because I'm boring myself now), but her princess "likeness" does not feature at all prominently in the film. Rewatch it if you doubt me.

Ironically, it's theme-park Tiana that really established her princess look as iconic. But in the film? The big green dress is a fleeting moment in the last few minutes before the concluding scene that shows her in her restaurateur guise.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
its kinda weird there are grown men on here upset that tiana isnt portrayed as a helpless princess needing to be rescued, and instead is being potrayed as an ambitious self reliant woman following her dreams....just like she was portrayed in the movies.

Acting like all young girls want to be princesses and you cant see them any other way......some of you old men are weird.
"Oh, honey. You don't wanna run a business. It'll make you look... old."

Still waiting for someone to explain what it is about 3D Tiana's face that makes her look old(er).

mickEblu

You keep contradicting yourself. I'll say it one last time (because I'm boring myself now), but her princess "likeness" does not feature at all prominently in the film. Rewatch it if you doubt me.

Ironically, it's theme-park Tiana that really established her princess look as iconic. But in the film? The big green dress is a fleeting moment in the last few minutes before the concluding scene that shows her in her restaurateur guise.

Ok. I’m done

celluloid

its kinda weird there are grown men on here upset that tiana isnt portrayed as a helpless princess needing to be rescued, and instead is being potrayed as an ambitious self reliant woman following her dreams....just like she was portrayed in the movies.

Who stated what you are saying? Who said they had to be seen that way. The only thing said was what sells more and what the company has typically depicted this character as.

Your fixation and need to mention men of an older age twice is weird.

Who said or insinuated they were upset?

mickEblu

Ok I’m not at Sky Zone anymore with thousands of Loud kids. Contradicting myself? So middle aged adventure outfit Tiana looks more like what people expect to see than young Tiana in the Princess outfit from the end of the movie? How about just the fact that AAs face doesn’t even look like the character from the movie? Does this desperate attempt at an argument somehow do anything to disprove my point that when a ride is based on IP people want to see/ hear the characters, songs and story beats from the movie? But you guys just latch on to these micro side conversations because you have no real points to make in regards to the meat of the discussion.

This was almost bad as the below comment. Still can’t tell if you were serious with that one.

Nland316

If you want this to be a book report ride then she'd be a frog most of the time.

Remember that was seen as a problem with the movie...the first African American Disney Princess was a frog for most of her film.
This is kinda a pointless post of me to make, but I actually thought it would have been rather easy to make a book report ride and still avoid that issue.

Tiana and Naveen could stay human throughout the majority of show scenes — which I imagine would mostly center around the film’s musical numbers. Facilier appears and briefly turns them into frogs in the Laughing Place area, and right before the drop Mama Odie turns them back human for the finale.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

Ok I’m not at Sky Zone anymore with thousands of Loud kids. Contradicting myself? So middle aged adventure outfit Tiana looks more like what people expect to see than young Tiana in the Princess outfit from the end of the movie? How about just the fact that AAs face doesn’t even look like the character from the movie? Does this desperate attempt at an argument somehow do anything to disprove my point that when a ride is based on IP people want to see/ hear the characters, songs and story beats from the movie? But you guys just latch on to these micro side conversations because you have no real points to make in regards to the meat of the discussion.

This was almost bad as the below comment. Still can’t tell if you were serious with that one.
My points were all made seriously and in good faith. I really have nothing left to add—I’ve been repeating myself anyway—so I think it’s my turn to say “I’m done.”

DrAlice

Forgive me if this was already stated (too many posts to wade through), but IMO the issue is her hair. Tiana rocks a low pony through most of the movie, then at the end is rocking a high pony in her flapper dress. The short hair just isn't as "youthful" of a hair style, and also happens to match Eudora's in the film, therefore the "looks like her mom" comparisons.

They changed Arial's hair in her ride, so maybe they will do the same here after guest feedback. Seems like an easy fix to make her feel more like Tiana. 🤷‍♀️

LittleBuford

Forgive me if this was already stated (too many posts to wade through), but IMO the issue is her hair. Tiana rocks a low pony through most of the movie, then at the end is rocking a high pony in her flapper dress. The short hair just isn't as "youthful" of a hair style, and also happens to match Eudora's in the film, therefore the "looks like her mom" comparisons.

They changed Arial's hair in her ride, so maybe they will do the same here after guest feedback. Seems like an easy fix to make her feel more like Tiana. 🤷‍♀️
Ariel’s hair just looked terrible, though. Tiana’s doesn’t, even if some prefer how she wears it in the film. I very much doubt guests will go so far as to complain about it.

LittleBuford

They’re not animatronics, but the worst character likenesses I’ve seen—by far—are at the end of the Snow White ride at Disneyland Paris:

blanche.jpg

How these figures were ever approved is beyond me, though I’m sort of attached to them after all these years!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom