Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Professortango1

Snow White's Enchanted Wish and Adventureland Treehouse give me hope that WDI has learned how to retool existing attractions with competence.
Snow White has a random mirror/projection screen under a bridge and then BAM, the ending. The beating of the witch is almost like a sidenote now and the last third feels disjointed.

With the changes to the Redhead in Pirates and the updates to Jungle Cruise being uninspired and weaker than the problematic moments they replaced, I don't have much hope. I'd love to be wrong though.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Snow White has a random mirror/projection screen under a bridge and then BAM, the ending. The beating of the witch is almost like a sidenote now and the last third feels disjointed.

I actually think Snow White's Enchanted Wish is very well done. I'll concede that the shattering mirror moment is poorly-conceived and produces a jarring pacing and storytelling disruption. Otherwise, IMO the projections are tasteful, the Doc and Dopey figures are welcome additions, and the finale is lovely. We didn't lose the queen/hag fake-out. Lots of kinetic energy and little details in the new scenes. Overall a considerable plus-up, even with that one awkward story beat.

With the changes to the Redhead in Pirates and the updates to Jungle Cruise being uninspired and weaker than the problematic moments they replaced, I don't have much hope. I'd love to be wrong though.

Jungle Cruise's new scenes don't exactly break new ground, but IMO the gift shop scene is fun and the chimp boat scene is competent (albeit redundant). I wish the chimp scenes ventured into some new territory for the ride, but I'd argue they're superior to the off-putting natives scenes.

The Pirates auction scene replacement is an abomination. Illogical, unfunny, tonally incorrect. Redd is like a middle school teacher in a Halloween costume. WDI took a work of art and replaced it with Nick Jr. Absolutely dreadful.

Consumer

Jungle Cruise's new scenes don't exactly break new ground, but IMO the gift shop scene is fun and the chimp boat scene is competent (albeit redundant). I wish the chimp scenes ventured into some new territory for the ride, but I'd argue they're superior to the off-putting natives scenes.
The issue with the new Jungle Cruise scenes is that they lack the danger represented by the tribal warriors. The chimps are cute, but they repeat a gag that's already found elsewhere in the ride with the gorillas in the camp. I'm not going to argue whether Disney needed to replace the tribes or not, but I do believe their replacement should have filled the same role that they offered or at least something not found elsewhere on the ride.

My other issue with the changes is that I find the new characters to be unnecessary at best and stupid at worst.

mickEblu

The issue with the new Jungle Cruise scenes is that they lack the danger represented by the tribal warriors. The chimps are cute, but they repeat a gag that's already found elsewhere in the ride with the gorillas in the camp. I'm not going to argue whether Disney needed to replace the tribes or not, but I do believe their replacement should have filled the same role that they offered or at least something not found elsewhere on the ride.

My other issue with the changes is that I find the new characters to be unnecessary at best and stupid at worst.

Agreed. Man eating plants that shoot poisonous darts. Would have paid homage to the old scene and still provided some sense of danger.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

This is an excellent point. A sense of danger is exactly what’s missing.

As a kid I really enjoyed the temple (cave? It’s been a while) scene in Magic Kingdom’s version. It’s an entire story beat dedicated to the unknown lurking in this jungle. I was never a fan of the natives scenes in either version, but they served a similar function; now, however, with neither the temple nor the natives, Disneyland’s version leans a bit too far into the “cute” factor.

Agreed.

Nland316

I guess the yellow mural is inevitable. (Corrected). Yellow on the building itself may look good. The mural in WDW does not.
I think the yellow paint and potential murals are going to suit the architecture on this coast better than it does at WDW. There aren’t really that many large swaths on our queue/barn area that can be covered which is why I think WDW’s is incorporated awkwardly — the exterior surface areas are just too large which draw too much attention to those changes. In comparison I think it will look way more subtle.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
New photos from The Site We Can't Say
Tianas-Bayou-Adventure-DLR-IMG_3127.jpg
Tianas-Bayou-Adventure-DLR-IMG_3145.jpg
Tianas-Bayou-Adventure-DLR-IMG_3148.jpg

mickEblu

We have our first look at the interior of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.
View attachment 759240View attachment 759241

I’m guessing this is Disney Worlds version? Obviously too soon to tell but I like how this is giving me more of a dark ride vibe like Disneylands version of Splash Mountain. MK’s version always seemed a bit odd with how you dropped into the mountain and right into a bright sunny day on the farm. Where as at Disneyland the rider felt as if the story was actually continuing and set inside of the mountain.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Honestly I doubt there'll be very many, if any, screens on this ride. Usually screens are reserved for more action intensive rides, like ROTR, MB, and Spider-Man. Given how long this project has been in development and how much controversy surrounds it, Disney isn't going to cut corners to give a sloppy presentation.

I don't think the ride will be good because I'm picky about what I like and I know Disney doesn't make what I like anymore, but I think the average guest will enjoy it because the average guest only cares about the superficial qualities of an attraction.
I don't really see there being too many screens on this ride because of the ride building not being built with them in mind.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Where was this?

It's a rumor, to be clear. So it should be taken with a grain of salt. But the rumor was shared by Mickey Views, who I think is generally pretty trustworthy (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

Iger allegedly walked the attraction and declared, "This is really boring." This is (again, allegedly) according to an Imagineer. I loved Splash but I'm a supporter of this project and have been very pleased with the progress of the exterior of MK's version, but Iger's alleged verdict (which takes into account the interior) makes me concerned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom