News Tiana’s Palace Coming to Disneyland Later this Year

Californian Elitist

San Frantokyo was absolute chaos too, hour long lines to buy bread, I think we’re desperate for anything new.

As excited as I am to try the food at Tiana’s I won’t be going anywhere near either area for a while.
Very true. The bread thing… People can like what they like, but it’s very obvious that social media is influencing these types of decisions, where people wait in long lines to get bread in the shape of Baymax so they can take photos and post them on their socials with a gazillion hashtags. I always wonder if these folks are actually interested in the taste of the bread or if they’re mostly only in line for the Gram.

I’m excited to try the food, too. With that being said, I also will be staying away until the line wait times become much more manageable. The longest I’d wait is maybe 20 minutes.

Disney Analyst

Very true. The bread thing… People can like what they like, but it’s very obvious that social media is influencing these types of decisions, where people wait in long lines to get bread in the shape of Baymax so they can take photos and post them on their socials with a gazillion hashtags. I always wonder if these folks are actually interested in the taste of the bread or if they’re mostly only in line for the Gram.

I’m excited to try the food, too. With that being said, I also will be staying away until the line wait times become much more manageable. The longest I’d wait is maybe 20 minutes.

Good news is, I’ve heard the food at Tiana’s is really good.

CaptinEO

I’ve literally never seen it this crowded here in all my years of visiting Disneyland.

Imagine when the ride opens…
It's the local AP crowd. Average tourist isn't gonna wait 2 hours for cafeteria chicken when theres a million other quick service restaurants. I do like how this project turned out though.

Anything "new" is a must do for them day 1, and they have to post online about being one of the first to be there.

PiratesMansion

It's the local AP crowd. Average tourist isn't gonna wait 2 hours for cafeteria chicken when theres a million other quick service restaurants. I do like how this project turned out though.

Anything "new" is a must do for them day 1, and they have to post online about being one of the first to be there.
That's undoubtedly part of it. It'll still be busy over the next several months, but I imagine it will be a BIT less crazy once the "First!!!111" crowd has had their fill.

Californian Elitist

It’s still crowded. :)

CaptinEO

Y’all’s efforts to imitate black women… No.
Not at all. Those terms have all gone mainstream in popular culture. I think Tiana is a great addition to Disneyland. Positive character and not a Marvel or Star Wars refugee taking up a Disney park, but instead a fairy tale character from a traditionally Disney animated film.

I'm a lifelong Star Wars fan but Tiana in this park is a big plus and a great fit.

Californian Elitist

Not at all. Those terms have all gone mainstream in popular culture. I think Tiana is a great addition to Disneyland. Positive character and not a Marvel or Star Wars refugee taking up a Disney park, but instead a fairy tale character from a traditionally Disney animated film.

I'm a lifelong Star Wars fan but Tiana in this park is a big plus and a great fit.
AAVE is mainstream, but it’s still a dialect that comes from black Americans.

You could have just said the rest without the attempt to mock black women.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom