Thoughts on the building of a Tangled Ride??

FettFan

Meh I enjoyed Frozen much more. Tangled had that "girl falls for the guy even though he is a total ******" plot line. Frozen had it too, but at least Ana had sense and followed her heart in the end.

....and the fact that the jackass-failure-of-a-'villain' was trying to behead her sister had nothing to do with that?

I'm sorry, but Frozen falls completely apart on a storytelling level as soon as "Let it Go" happens.
Think about all the truly great villains....they are the de facto cause of conflict for the protagonists. Without them, there is no story.
Maleficient - Places the death-curse on baby Aurora.

Grimhilde - Hires a hitman to whack Snow White, thus causing her to flee and meet the Seven Dwarfs.

Mother Gothel - Steals away Rapunzel because the girl is a living fountain of youth.

Jafar - Wants the lamp, so he finds the pieces of the scarab and recruits Aladdin to get it for him.

Loki - Sets up Thor's fall from grace and exile to Earth in an effort to take the throne of Asgard, THEN makes a deal with Thanos in order to rule over Earth (and possibly Asgard) in exchange for the Space Gem inside the Tesseract.

Barbossa - Commits mutiny against Jack Sparrow, inadvertently curses himself and the Black Pearl's crew,attempts murder by tying Bootstrap Bill to a cannon and flinging him overboard, and then tries to un-curse himself and the crew by kidnapping Bill's child in order to make a blood sacrifice to the Aztec gods.

Emperor Palpatine - Successfully turns Anakin Skywalker to the Dark Side, eradicates the Jedi Order, and declares an oppressive Galactic Empire.

Darth Vader - Acts as Palpatine's enforcer, becomes the primary hunter of Jedi, tortures his enemies, allows planets to be destroyed by Imperial officers, and actively plots to overthrow Palpatine with the aid of his son.

Frozen has....Hans. He's only shoehorned in there so that Elsa can remain blameless, and thus much more marketable. Frozen needed no villain to work, as the source of conflict was Elsa unable to control her ice powers, and the rift between her and her sister following her years of solitude.
In short....the filmmakers took what could have been a compelling story about overcoming personal tragedy and setbacks, decided it wasn't good enough and shoehorned in a subpar villain plot, because they didn't want to make Elsa actually come to any personal discoveries or conclusions on her own merits. They just wanted to play "Let it Go" ad nauseum because it makes the coins roll in.

Last edited:

Voxel

President of Progress City
I would love a tradition dark ride for this.. I have a few ideas for this.. (Too bad I don't have much free time anymore :( )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom