Thoughts on Fantasia Gardens

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
We'll be going in the fall, and I'll be grabbing a hopper pass with the water park option. It gives you extra days at the water parks if you want and it includes Fantasia Gardens among other things. I've never done it before. I love mini-golf and never do enough of it so I thought we'd give this one a try down there. What is the course like? It looks actually rather difficult by the looks of the pictures and the theming looks pretty good to me.

erasure fan1

I actually prefer the courses outside of Disney. Both Disney courses are OK, not great, especially by Disney standards. It's worth doing if you have the time, but I wouldn't go out of my way fot it.

James J

In the Parks
No
I thoroughly enjoy Fantasia Gardens and usually make 3 or 4 visits during a two week trip to WDW. We tend to go to Epcot for the morning then go out to the Boardwalk for a more chilled couple of hours, taking in a game of mini golf. It's not too difficult and a lot of fun.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It is fun, but I like the theme of WinterSUmmerland better. But if you go to Fantasia Gardens then you can treat yourself easily afterwards to ice cream at Ample Hills.

AndyS2992

Been to Winter Summerland which was great.. until I fell in to a bush trying to get my ball back :oops: Recommend it though.

LUVofDIS

ice cream at Ample Hills.

I just had to comment on this, My wife and I go here after a long day at either EPCOT (yes, it is still an acronym to me) and Hollywood (yes, I still spend a full day here) and this stuff just hits the spot. I have to say though, we went in September and December of last year, both times I order a waffle cone and both times while walking back to our resort the cone fell apart. In September I chalked it up to the heat, but in December it was cooler and it still fell apart. I don't remember this happening the year before. For now on I will stick with the sampler. My wife gets that and is extremely happy. I consider it the best ice cream I have ever had.

Sorry to bud in, we have never had time to do the gardens, we may try this year.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I just had to comment on this, My wife and I go here after a long day at either EPCOT (yes, it is still an acronym to me) and Hollywood (yes, I still spend a full day here) and this stuff just hits the spot. I have to say though, we went in September and December of last year, both times I order a waffle cone and both times while walking back to our resort the cone fell apart. In September I chalked it up to the heat, but in December it was cooler and it still fell apart. I don't remember this happening the year before. For now on I will stick with the sampler. My wife gets that and is extremely happy. I consider it the best ice cream I have ever had.

Sorry to bud in, we have never had time to do the gardens, we may try this year.

Too bad about the cone, I never get a cone. It interferes with the glory of the ice cream!;):joyfull:

Hcalvert

I have been to both courses. I had to wait longer to play at Fantasia Gardens and we were there at opening. It was a bigger pain to get there, but luckily we got a free ride from a Minnie Van as they were in testing mode then. Summerland was okay and not much of a wait and we were able to take the Disney Spring bus from our resort as it stopped at Blizzard Beach first. Both courses you have a choice of two to choose from. I thought that Summerland had more shading than Fantasia.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Yes it looks like Summerland has a LOT more shade for sure, which is nice. Fantasia Gardens is part of the hopper pass though, not sure if Summerland is. We'll be staying off-site so we'll be driving to either one anyways. Not hard to get to with a car.

Hcalvert

Yes it looks like Summerland has a LOT more shade for sure, which is nice. Fantasia Gardens is part of the hopper pass though, not sure if Summerland is. We'll be staying off-site so we'll be driving to either one anyways. Not hard to get to with a car.

I believe both are included, but you cannot visit both on the same day. Did you buy the Park Hopper Plus tickets? I thought Disney didn't sell the Park Hopper & Waterpark Fun & More tickets anymore and changed the name to Plus.

https://www.undercovertourist.com/blog/disney-park-hopper-plus-option/

NiarrNDisney

I have always preferred it over Winter Summerland! Its easier to get to and when you are done playing you can hang out around Crescent Lake and the adjacent resorts.

Last edited:

GVentola

A friend and I played at Fantasia Gardens one day, and it was fun. Unfortunately, I guess my body is not used to the kind of movements needed for miniature golf, and I was sore the next day. I've wanted to try Winter Summerland, but I'm afraid of the same thing happening to me. I got half off admission at Fantasia Gardens with my annual pass.

crxbrett

Been there two or three times now and always have good fun! I remember going when it first opened in summer '96 and nobody was there. Felt like it wasn't even open yet or something! lol I love that it's themed to Fantasia and Disney did a pretty good job with the music and effects/props. I tried the regular mini greens course once as well, but found that one to be not as much fun.

I have been wanting to try Winter Summerland for quite some time now, but it's so out of the way and I don't ever feel like doing it the same day as Blizzard Beach. One of these days...

-

cmoliver68

I believe passholders only get 25% off now but if you purchase a vacation package take a look in the coupon book you get. Usually there are at least a couple of coupons for a free round, plus some other good discounts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom