Thoughts on Extra Magic Hours?

wdwfamilynh

Better to take advantage of Extra Magic Hours and brave the extra crowds, or not worth it? It seems like capacity gets bigger and bigger each time we visit WDW and I could really use a less frantic vacation. Thanks in advance for the advice.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We don't find there is extra crowds for the evening EMH's so we do all evening ones every trip. We love it and get to ride a lot of rides with minimal wait in those 2 hours. ;)

Upvote 0

J_Krafty24

We often choose a park with a lower crowd calander number for the day then park hop to the evening magic hour park. This works especially well because we normally go in early February when the parks are not open as late.

Upvote 0

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
We do the morning hours as we are early risers. Its good to get in 2-3 rides of the more popular attractions before the normal day guests arrive.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

I find evening EMH at MK to still be bonkers crazy, so I try to do morning EMH there. Mornings are WAY more manageable if you can get up for them :) Not even just the wait times, the crowds in the walkways when it's so dark are too much for me.

Evenings at the other parks are still good.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

We take advantage of them both. Morning extra hours do give you a chance to hit the popular things before it really gets overwhelmingly crowded. But I find the evening extra hours to be better. As the time wears on the crowds do thin out and you get more opportunities to re-ride. Also I enjoy the feel and look the parks take on as evening progresses.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

If we have parkhoppers and haven't stayed up late the night before, we might start out in a park with morning EMH, and then hop to another (with a lighter crowd level) after the first couple of hours. (We have small children, so evening EMH are not something we make use of, although when DH and I were child-free, we would start elsewhere and then hop to the park with evening EMH).

If we don't have parkhoppers, we avoid the parks with EMH and enjoy (we think) lighter crowds elsewhere.

It's my belief that a rope drop arrival and a smart touring plan are the keys to a happy Disney day, regardless of your chosen park or its hours. :)

Upvote 0

JillC LI

We never miss early EMH because so few people are willing to get up early that the parks are empty for that first hour and often well into the next hour.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom