1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking of canceling Rental Car

Discussion in 'Ground & Air Transportation' started by david.bwr, Aug 3, 2016.

1. david.bwr

david.bwr New Member

Have a rental for 7 days... decent deal $250ish. Hotel charges $20 per day for parking, then will have to pay to park at Parks (5 days). That comes out to almost $500.

We are staying at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek. Round trip to the airport is $125. Uber to the parks looks to be $6-$8.

I hate the idea of not having a car, but adding it up... Seems like a no brainer to drop the rental.

Am I overlooking anything?

Thanks!

2. rob0519

rob0519 Well-Known Member

I don't think you missed anything. Door to Door service (kind of) with Uber. No hassle picking up and returning the rental at MCO. Other than having to wait a few minutes for a Uber, it seems like a plan.

3. david.bwr

david.bwr New Member Original Poster

Doing the math... will save at least $200. Will use the Uber Referal code with my son to get discounts.

Really liking the idea of not dealing with parking, etc.

4. Rob562

Rob562 Well-Known Member

Just be prepared for taking Uber to the MK, it'll have to drop you off at either the TTC or one of the monorail hotels. It can't bring you right to the front gate of the park. (Same thing for pickups)

-Rob

5. david.bwr

Thanks for the head's up on the MK. I'm guessing they will get me close enough?

6. Rob562

Rob562 Well-Known Member

If you're ok walking, have them drop you at the Contemporary. If not, then the TTC drop-off/taxi area.

-Rob

Weather_Lady likes this.
  7. david.bwr

Thanks for the help Rob! I'm fine walking, more opportunity for things to see! Flying out tomorrow~!

8. Pghdrumr

Pghdrumr Member

Next time, I would recheck your rental deal. My last visit, I have a 7 day rental at a base price of $120 ($176 with taxes). I find that checking the rental prices closer to your travel date will result in better rates.
    But if the hotel is $20 per day, I would say ditch the car and use uber.

9. Bulldog1653

Bulldog1653 Active Member

My biggest question is why rent the car at all? Unless you're going someplace offsite, just use ground transportation like buses, boats, or the monorail (I've said many times that it needs to be expanded in the worst way). We've done that the last 3 times I've been there and it gets the job (For the most part anyway).

10. Love Mickey 18B

Love Mickey 18B Member

Are there any issues with Uber at MCO? I know some airports don't allow Uber.

11. Rob562

Rob562 Well-Known Member

You can only have Uber Select, Uber Select XL, and Uber Family pick you up at MCO. All types of Uber can drop you off.
    https://www.uber.com/airports/mco/

If you want to use UberX you *may* be able to get yourself to a hotel near the airport that's outside the virtual fence around MCO that delineates where UberX cannot pickup, but you'd have to research that yourself.

-Rob

12. James Norrie

James Norrie Well-Known Member

OP Said they're staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, not on property