Things You Have Never Done But Always Wanted To Do At Disneyland

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Original Poster
Hey everyone! This is my first thread I have created on here so please be nice to me. I have no idea if this has ever posted before, but figured I would make a thread for things you have never done or experienced at Disneyland that you always have wanted to do. When most people go we have a routine of things we like to do or a list of which rides we must get on that day because you go on it every visit. But there are some things I have never done but always wanted to do. for example: I have never seen THE ENCHANTED TIKKI ROOM show. I have been going to Disneyland my whole life growing up in SOCAL but never was taken on it as a kid. After I moved from CALI I don't get to go back there as often as I like and during my last trip to Disney back in '08 while on vacation, I begged those who I was with to go into THE TIKKI ROOM but they declined and told me it was really old and boring. but darn it, I wanted to see it. I was tempted to see it alone and meet up later with them but I was with family and friends in a big group and they wanted to go on everything together and not have anyone wander off plus they were going to Indy and I didn't want to miss Indy. I also have never seen GREAT MOMENTS WITH MR. LINCOLN, I have never been on THE COLUMBIA, I have been on the Mark Twain while it was docked a handful of times but never rode it on the Rivers of America or been on the canoes on the Rivers also. so those are some of my things I never have done. what are yours?

Shigg. W. McGee

You know what? I've never been on Midway Mania. I've never been super interested in it, and I've just never gotten around to it. I think it's the only ride at the resort I haven't been on (including Jumpin' Jellyfish, but we don't talk about that).

I'd also like to take a backstage tour. That'd be cool.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Original Poster
You know what? I've never been on Midway Mania. I've never been super interested in it, and I've just never gotten around to it. I think it's the only ride at the resort I haven't been on (including Jumpin' Jellyfish, but we don't talk about that).

I did not know they offered backstage tours. that is cool. I wonder how much that is and how you go about booking that.

180º

I did not know they offered backstage tours. that is cool. I wonder how much that is and how you go about booking that.
If you have to ask, you can't afford it ;)
Backstage tours are surprisingly affordable. It’s the only thing in Disneyland where THEY pay YOU! Plus you get a cool name tag and a bunch of hazmat training you’ll never use. Not to mention immersive experiences like narrowly making it to clock after circling the parking lot, standing on squishy mats (if you’re lucky), and de-escalating conflicts with angry guests.

About the Tiki Room: Go in! It’s totally worth a visit, even if you’re alone.

mikenatcity1

The only 2 attractions (or shows) we had not done were the Sailing Ship Columbia and the Canoes. In a rare event, both were running during our trip last month. I screamed a little when I saw the canoes going- we stopped what we were doing to head towards them. It was actually very fun!

Rich T

Hey everyone! This is my first thread I have created on here so please be nice to me. I have no idea if this has ever posted before, but figured I would make a thread for things you have never done or experienced at Disneyland that you always have wanted to do. When most people go we have a routine of things we like to do or a list of which rides we must get on that day because you go on it every visit. But there are some things I have never done but always wanted to do. for example: I have never seen THE ENCHANTED TIKKI ROOM show. I have been going to Disneyland my whole life growing up in SOCAL but never was taken on it as a kid. After I moved from CALI I don't get to go back there as often as I like and during my last trip to Disney back in '08 while on vacation, I begged those who I was with to go into THE TIKKI ROOM but they declined and told me it was really old and boring. but darn it, I wanted to see it. I was tempted to see it alone and meet up later with them but I was with family and friends in a big group and they wanted to go on everything together and not have anyone wander off plus they were going to Indy and I didn't want to miss Indy. I also have never seen GREAT MOMENTS WITH MR. LINCOLN, I have never been on THE COLUMBIA, I have been on the Mark Twain while it was docked a handful of times but never rode it on the Rivers of America or been on the canoes on the Rivers also. so those are some of my things I never have done. what are yours?
You need to see the Tiki Room. And you need to take at least one of the boats around the river. :) But when you're with a group, it's always better to go with the flow and have a good time together, so I totally understand your situation. When DL still had the Country Bears, I found bribery sometimes helped with my group (Hey, I'll buy popcorn for anyone who'll see Country Bears with me! Hamburger? A plush? There we go!)

I'm a fossil, and have seen, ridden and done just about everything I wanted EXCEPT ride Space Mountain with the lights on--Either during a reset or special event. I'd love that!

Phroobar

You need to see the Tiki Room. And you need to take at least one of the boats around the river. :) But when you're with a group, it's always better to go with the flow and have a good time together, so I totally understand your situation. When DL still had the Country Bears, I found bribery sometimes helped with my group (Hey, I'll buy popcorn for anyone who'll see Country Bears with me! Hamburger? A plush? There we go!)

I'm a fossil, and have seen, ridden and done just about everything I wanted EXCEPT ride Space Mountain with the lights on--Either during a reset or special event. I'd love that!
I've ridden Space Mountain with the lights on. It's a pretty slow coaster. I was also in the last dispatched car for the night back in 2003 when the next day Disney found major structural damage to Space Mountain prompting them to replace the entire track and reopen in 2005. I swear I didn't break it!

discos

The only 2 attractions (or shows) we had not done were the Sailing Ship Columbia and the Canoes. In a rare event, both were running during our trip last month. I screamed a little when I saw the canoes going- we stopped what we were doing to head towards them. It was actually very fun!
Finally got the chance to catch a ride on the canoes on my last trip and I agree. They're super fun, minus the kid in front of me who insisted on keeping her paddle still in the water so my paddle would keep hitting hers, but other than that it was great!

Phroobar

I always wanted to do this. I bet @Darkbeer1 was there for this special Marc Davis dinner.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/...centennial-dinner-inside-the-haunted-mansion/

DSC01503.jpg

Darkbeer1

I always wanted to do this. I bet @Darkbeer1 was there for this special Marc Davis dinner.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/...centennial-dinner-inside-the-haunted-mansion/

DSC01503.jpg
I wish.

Sorry. You lose the bet.

Now I have been backstage many times.

Rode Space Mountain with the lights on.

Been to Club 33 so many times I have turned down invites.

And many other one-off experiences.

I truly have been fortunate.

Nothing like walking down Main Street prior to the gates opening to the public. That was a WOW moment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom