Trip Report There's a Great, Big, Beautiful Trip Report

Hello! I just returned from a 5-day trip to the World with my parents and younger brother. I thought I would upload my thoughts on what we did in case they might help anyone planning or leaving on a trip soon. I'm not sure how these are usually organized, but I'm going to go by park/location and activity instead of by day since I’m doing this after the trip. I’m sorry if it’s long for a trip report, this is my first one and I figured people would like the detail. Thanks for reading! :happy:

General Notes
My family on this trip included me (25 years old), my parents (early 50s), and my little brother (8 years old). We have been to Disney many times in the past. My most recent trip was a day in Hollywood Studios and Disney Springs last July, and my family’s most recent trip was April 2015. My family was willing to try some of the more thrilling rides that I enjoy, especially now that my brother was tall enough to go on them. I went through and did our FastPass+ reservations about a month ago, and for the most part got what we wanted (with the exception of Flight of Passage).

The heat was incredible this week. A few days there were thunderstorms to cool it down for the evening, but most days we felt quite gross by the afternoons and had to take a break in a cooler climate. Being from New England, we often asked ourselves, “How can anyone live here?...How is that person wearing a sweatshirt right now?...How are they in those costumes and not dying?!” Good on you, Florida peeps…I couldn’t do it! :happy: Several stores in each of the parks have mosquito prevention lotion near the entrances. Also, there were many dining locations that had ice water and cups out because the heat was so intense.

FastPass thoughts – I liked knowing I would definitely get to experience some of my favorite attractions while we were there, barring some closure or change in operations. However, it was a bit sad to realize that because of the 3 reservations in one park per day, I missed out on other things I would have loved to do. One example is that we used our MK FastPasses for rides we all wanted to go on, and I was not left with a slot for Space Mountain. Then, when we were able to choose more that day, all the reservations were taken. The lines were over 2 hours any time I could have gone in standby, and it was not feasible for this trip to wait or leave my family to go on it. I think FastPass has created a perplexing situation for park-goers, and we have to make a lot of choices and sacrifices that take away from the complete vacation in all. I had the My Disney Experience app, which helped with maps and our plans for the week, but there was no notification to tell me when one of our passes had been changed or canceled.

Accommodations/Ticket Package…
Pop Century – July 3rd through July 7th; Standard Room
We ended up with a room in the 50s building on the 4th floor. It was a 5-minute or less walk to the main building, cafeteria, and bus stops. The room was not one of the newly-renovated ones (bummer for me!), but it was clean and what I’ve come to expect from the value resorts. It was our first time at Pop Century, as we have stayed almost exclusively at the All-Star Resorts in years past. I was disappointed that there was no real theming inside the room, and even forgot that we weren’t in the All-Star Movies room we stayed in the last time. However, it truly was just for sleeping and getting ready for the day, so it didn’t matter too much to me in the grand scheme of things. I had asked when rooms were ready, since we were arriving earlier in the day. Though the Cast Member who checked me in said it would not be until at least 3 PM, she put in a note to have a room ready earlier, if possible. We were very excited that our room was ready right at noon, exactly when my family was arriving! I had used the luggage service while wandering around the resort, and when I got to the room, my bag was already waiting for me.

The pool was very clean, not too crowded, and had a good depth (about 4 1/2 ft.) for my little brother to float around in. We spent about 2 hours there to cool off. They had some beach balls and noodles to use in the pool (they also had complimentary floatie vests), and the activities directors had a variety of games going. We enjoyed the movie & television theme song trivia greatly!

I had taken an early morning flight into Orlando and arrived at the hotel earlier than my parents and brother, who were driving in. I took Disney’s Magical Express (for the first time) and though I had to wait a while for the bus to leave, it was a very easy and relaxing way of getting to the hotel. Not to mention it saved me roughly $50 in cab fare! Checking into the service was easy with my MagicBand, as well. I had sent my luggage with my family earlier in the week, so I only had my carryon bag, but I have full faith from my other experiences that if I had checked luggage with DME, it would have arrived without issue.

Magic Your Way Package + Quick Service Dining Plan
My goodness, what a value that package was! We had Park Hopper tickets, plus entrance to the water parks, a free round of mini golf if we had time for it, and the quick service plan with refillable cup. We all agreed it was worth the cost for the value of convenience it added to our vacation experience.

The MagicBands are so awesome. I have never felt so free to wander and relax without having to carry a bag or money. I had my MagicBand, phone, and some chapstick (my all-time necessities!), and I was ready to go. My mother kept a backpack with bottled drinks, her camera, and some other things, and the only inconvenience was going through bag check. It was usually quick because she wouldn’t pack too much, but of course there were times when she got stuck behind families who packed crazy amounts of food and supplies and took several minutes.

belle119821

Original Poster
Rides/Attractions…

As I said above, I am going to separate the things we did during our stay into locations instead of days so it is easier for someone to find information they may be looking for. :happy:

Disney Springs
I enjoyed going to Disney Springs, and we all thought the re-imagining of the area was beautiful, especially the Town Center. It was a nice place to spend the time waiting for the rest of my family to arrive and for our room to be ready. We also did some shopping and eating there, but more on that later. :happy: I would say the transportation involving Disney Springs was the most bothersome part of the area, as there is no direct way to get to the parks. You need to use the hotels to transfer. I imagine it would complicate the bus routes Disney already has in place to add 4 more destinations, but it took much longer to get anywhere from Disney Springs because of the need to wait for a bus for a hotel, and then another at said hotel to get to whichever park.

As someone who loves Vera Bradley and Disney, I was disappointed in the special Disney Parks Vera patterns available at the store in Disney Springs. When I went, there were only two patterns, and only a couple items for sale in each. It did not seem like a big deal to the store to promote or have these items, though it is one of the only places you can buy them in Disney World. *shrug*

Magic Kingdom
GOOD GOLLY, never visit the MK on a holiday or the day before! I cannot speak definitively for other times of the year, but we had an absolutely horrendous experience on July 3rd. I (possibly foolishly!) reserved some of our FastPass rides for Monday evening at the MK for our first day in the parks, not realizing that they were having 4th of July fireworks that night as well. I searched on the website and calendars while planning, but there were no special events listed, and I thought we would be okay. Long story short, we were trying to escape the MK, Cast Members guided us in contradicting directions that left us arguing with each other and very frustrated. We eventually waited until the fireworks were over and everyone started moving toward the gates. They opened backstage to alleviate some of the crowds, but getting to that point was, no exaggeration, terrifying. At one moment, another annoyed park visitor said loudly, “And they wonder why there are mass shootings!” Needless to say, that was not the Disney experience we were hoping for that night! We left the park exhausted and I for one was concerned that the rest of the trip would be just as discouraging. Luckily, that did not happen, and the week was much more positive and smooth-sailing.

Also – strollers and scooters were absolutely most common and annoying in the MK. It is definitely something to keep in mind when thinking about a trip with little ones, I think. (I’m already imagining what we will do when my husband and I visit with our future family.)

Anywho, on to the more positive and less-dramatic parts: the attractions! I am a lover of classic, historic Disney and a self-proclaimed Disnerd. I enjoy keeping up with the developments and rumors here on the boards, so a lot of my time in the parks is spent thinking about what is being done, and how it is all being run. Just a little background, because it will probably show in my descriptions of what we did this week! :happy:

Jungle Cruise – FP+
I really enjoyed this 3-week excursion! ;) I think we had a very good Skipper who helped make our ride better. There isn’t much else to say about this one. I think it is holding up well, and there was no sign of the ride’s age or any broken elements that I noticed. I did seem to be the only one who was excited about the 8th wonder of the world, though!

Pirates of the Caribbean – FP+
A somewhat slow FP line for this one. It had been closed for a bit before we entered, so I think there was some backup from the time it was down. We all thoroughly enjoyed the ride, and as usual, my mother thought, “That drop was bigger than the last time – did they change it?!” (Every time we ride it she has the same comment!) The addition of the photo spot seemed odd. At that point in the ride, we were all just looking around. When I realized where we were, it was too late for me to smile, so I think everyone just kind of looks bored. Maybe they can move it to the drop? That would certainly make it more dynamic.

Side note – WE WANTS THE REDHEAD [to stay!]

Swiss Family Treehouse
I did not go up, but my parents and brother very much enjoyed their time there. I waited in the Sunglass Hut with the air conditioning!

Tom Sawyer Island
This was one block of time I went back to the room to cool off and wait for my family’s return, since I had zero interest in exploring the island. My brother loves the caves and fort, though, so I am glad they got to visit!

Enchanted Tiki Room
I was so excited when that fortuitous fire banished Iago & Zazu, and I still love what they did by mostly returning to the original version. The seats were all full, and each musical number finished with tons of applause from the audience. I hope that Disney Corporate realizes that it truly is loved, and whatever may happen with this show in the future maintains its spirit and nostalgia. And that’s all I will say about that!

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – FP+
This was my brother’s first time on a rollercoaster of any sort. We were seated in the last car, and particularly because he is a skinny little guy, I had to hold on to him for dear life! He loved it and wanted to go on more, but standby lines were just way too crazy long.

Haunted Mansion – FP+
I had read about the mansion seeming very dark recently, and I would agree that there were some rooms that it was hard to see what was going on. The main one that comes to mind is the séance room with the floating musical instruments. I could hardly see them “floating.” Madame Leota was stationary on the table. Still, very much enjoyable and yet in need of some love! The hitchhiking ghosts section at the end was misaligned, so the effects were not as entertaining as I had seen in the past.

Great Moments in History…But Just the American Parts!
Though I had watched many videos of the new Muppets performance before the trip, I really enjoyed seeing both versions in person. My parents and I all thought the humor was spot-on, and my brother loved collecting the streamers at the end (he’s very sentimental about souvenirs). I often get the song stuck in my head, and that’s okay with me! It was a great little addition to the area, particularly because the Hall of Presidents is still down for its refurbishment.

It’s a Small World
I was surprised when we walked by this that it was practically a walk-on in the early afternoon. It’s looking good, and most of the elements were working as they should. There was one bird on one hippo that wasn’t bobbing like the other two, but that’s nitpicking and I would imagine it follows the Rizzo principle (that most less-frequent visitors wouldn’t notice.)

Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin – FP+
I had recently watched TheTimTracker’s video from Disneyland’s Buzz ride, and I agree that WDW’s was quite dirty and below Disney expectations. Paint was peeling and there was trash in many areas. This was something my family noticed often as we were traveling the World, but we mostly attributed it to the fact that there is little time for Cast Members to come in and clean up the disrespect that the attractions see on a daily basis because it is so busy. :( The ride itself is showing its age a bit, as it was very difficult to see where we were aiming. It could use an upgrade or retheming, though it has always been one of my new-age favorites.

PeopleMover
We loved this, as always! There were a couple places we thought it went much faster than before, but I am not complaining! I always look forward to riding the PeopleMover because it is so unassuming, yet it takes you all over Tomorrowland and in some of the coolest places.

Tomorrowland Speedway – FP+
I rode this one with my brother, and I must say it was the most heartbreaking part of our trip. He had been looking forward to this ride since his last time on it, and all week (we had a FastPass for Friday morning – he had to practice his patience for sure!) First, he could not push down on the pedal, so I had to do that for him – and it was even hard for me to get the car going. Then, when he would not turn the wheel fast enough for a corner, the guide rail would take over and the wheel would spin out of control. There is a rubber cover on the wheel, and it basically was giving him a rug burn of sorts on his arm because he couldn’t control it. Poor little guy was practically crying at not being able to do what he had been looking forward to the whole trip. When we got off, my parents were excited to ask him how it was, and he was so incredibly sad to say “It wasn’t as good as I hoped it would be.” My heart!

Carousel of Progress
We had to wait a bit to load for some unknown reason, but once we did, it was every bit as lovely as I remembered it. CoP is my absolute favorite attraction (for nostalgia and enjoyment), and I never get tired of it. (Where does the younger daughter go after the first scene, and why does Patricia become a blonde? Ah, mysteries!) I am glad it has gotten some new paint and a new sign recently. I thought the outside looked great. I definitely feel it needs a new final scene, and some plussing here and there, but overall I think it is a great part of Tomorrowland because it had Walt’s hand in it. It will always make me remember visiting as a child and the good memories I have had since then!

EPCOT
Spaceship Earth – FP+

The line moved fairly quickly for this one. Again, nothing new to say from the usual comments. I dislike the interactive portion at the beginning and end, but I think the Judy Dench narration is fine. If you are reading this, “thank the Phoenicians!” :) As I said to my dad upon getting close to the entry, “Ah, the smell of Spaceship Earth!” to which he replied, "Too bad it's really just gasoline and grease." :D

Soarin’ – FP+
I love this, my mom (not a thrill person AT ALL) loves this, and now my dad (afraid of heights and flying) loves it. My brother loved it, too, but he was down for anything this trip so it’s less surprising :D It is a nice, gentle ride, and I really like that it doesn’t require 3D glasses. The scents used have really improved since the last time I rode it (about 2 years ago).

Disney Pixar Short Film Festival
We attended this because we had some time to kill before our next FastPass was ready, and boy am I glad we did! I had never been into the Magic Eye theater before. The preshow film was very interesting about the history of the shorts, and the actual festival was great, even though I had seen 2 of the 3 shorts already. Currently (I am not sure if it will be a rotating selection) the festival includes “Get a Horse!” “Piper,” and “Feast.” The physical effects added quite a bit to seeing them, and making them 3D was also a neat touch.

The Seas With Nemo & Pavilion – FP+
This is a nice little ride that I added to our FP selections because there wasn’t really anything else, in all honesty. We actually liked exploring the pavilion and aquarium much more than the ride. We probably spent about 45 minutes looking at all the different fish and talking to the knowledgeable Cast Members about the inhabitants. If it becomes the Marine Life Institute like I’ve heard rumors of, I think it would be a wicked awesome and unique part of the park. My family had visited the Atlanta Aquarium on their way to Disney, and one of the CMs we spoke to was from Atlanta. I was pleasantly surprised when she said “That is the only aquarium bigger than ours here!” Pretty cool!

Gran Fiesta Tour
None of us had even been on this ride before. I really enjoyed it and thought it was a really beautiful pavilion with the nighttime market inside. I would have liked to eat waterside at The San Angel Inn, but I’m basically the only one who would have eaten anything off the menu!

Reflections of China
This was a very nice way to beat the heat. It was not the most captivating show, and it seems a little outdated (the computers were a dead giveaway to its age), but it was relaxing.

Dragon Legend Acrobats
We happened upon their performance one afternoon, and it was very good. It included face changing (so awesome to see up close!), juggling, and balancing by a group of 2 men and 3 young women. I’m not a fan of the dangerous, edge-of-your-seat acrobatic acts, so I was very happy to have a simple and entertaining performance.

Shanghai Disneyland Exhibit
Oh. My. Word. I was Disnerding out on this one! I had no idea there was an exhibit about the park, which included mock ups of attraction pieces, models of theming, illustrations and descriptions, and plans. Though I have read lots about the park’s shortcomings and problems (#ThanksShanghai), I found myself wanting to visit the park and explore it all, which I suppose was the goal of the exhibition! I thought it was really cool and I spent about an hour soaking everything in.

The American Adventure
I did not remember seeing this from when I was younger, but my dad really wanted to watch so we all went. Well, about when it reached the pilgrim song sequence, I looked to my right and my left and both my parents were sleeping. Granted this was after an early morning and a full day doing all of EPCOT in the wicked hot sun, but I was surprised they both nodded off. I thought it was really awesome there were so many complex audio-animatronics (Ben Franklin was walking towards Jefferson – what?!), but the overall show was a tad bit boring and corny. It’s slated to get a better ending, so maybe that will help.

KidCot
I remembered completing all the passport stops when I was little, so I encouraged my brother to do it, too. I did tell him I thought he’d get a prize if he got all of them, which he didn’t, but he was glad to collect the stamps and little drawings anyway. We enjoyed talking to the CMs at each spot. I think it’s great that they must be from the sponsor country to work at each pavilion because they can share from their own experiences.

Hollywood Studios
Muppet*Vision 3D

For starters, I’m concerned like many about the new signage at the entrance and the fountain, but I’m hoping PizzeRizzo and the restrooms, oddly enough, mean that it’s here to stay. We love this show, and it seemed to have a better turnout than in the past. I think, like some of the other older attractions, it could use the attention and upkeep it deserves, but the effects and humor still make us laugh every time.

Toy Story Midway Mania! – FP+
We had trouble with this queue, as they were only letting FastPass reservations in and were operating only 2 out of 3 tracks. Half of the lights were off in the line indoors, which was also weird. I’m still so sad that Barker Mr. Potato Head is inexplicably missing from the queue. It was a very long and complicated wait, but eventually we were in and enjoying the ride. The screens/videos are getting a little fuzzy, so hopefully it will get some help to be as good as it once was when Toy Story Land arrives.

One Man’s Dream
My dad & I both really liked this because it is a historical exhibit (similar to Shanghai in the China pavilion). There’s a new rumor going around today that it is possibly being shuttered for Toy Story Land work, and that would be sad, in my opinion. I think it is important not to forget what Walt started with, and how his dreams grew into what we get to have today. Plus, there were some wonderful items that I’m not sure where else you would get to see them!

Great Movie Ride
This is one of the rides we ride because we always ride it. I had to break the news to my mom last summer that it was probably not going to be around for her next trip. Thankfully, it was, and we got to experience it one more time before its assumed closure in September. I am not staunchly against it being replaced (this is not necessarily the location for that debate anyway), but I remarked while in the queue that it will be a shame to lose the beautiful interior murals and décor. The animatronics are definitely past their peak, and some of the elements aren’t running like they used to. I did get to see the cowboy takeover scene, which was nice, since I have always somehow gotten the gangster one. It was very busy, but that could have been because it was beginning to thunder and people wanted to get indoors. Our CM was good, but his crackly in-and-out microphone was not doing him any favors. :(

Tower of Terror – FP+
Tower of Terror is one of my favorite thrill rides in the Disney parks, and I was really excited to share it with my brother for the first time this trip. Surprisingly, our mother also went on it, though she nearly had a heart attack so she has said never again! We went once on Monday without a FastPass, and then on Tuesday with the FastPass. Only one of the drop shafts was running that morning, so they were just taking the riders with reservations. With that, our wait was about 20 minutes. While we were in line, the second drop shaft problem was resolved and started running, which sped up the process.

Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage
This was wonderful but also a source of laughter for the rest of our trip. We were impressed and amused that somehow the entire animated film was squished into 25 minutes, with all-out musical numbers, costume changes, and dance breaks! It definitely helped to have some knowledge of the plot because there wasn’t time for it in the show! Some of the ensemble were very into the lip synching, and others were definitely focusing more on their dancing. I thought it was very good and it looked great for a production that has been running for more than 25 years.

Animal Kingdom
It’s Tough to be a Bug!

I decided to skip this attraction, since I had seen it when Animal Kingdom first opened (I was about 8 years old) and it basically scarred me for life. While my family was watching, I went on the hunt for some souvenirs in the nearby shops. My brother did not seem to like it all that much, either. I think it was too stationary for him!

Kilimanjaro Safaris – FP+
We had a very good trip on this safari. We went early in the morning and got to see many of the animals. There were a few babies, which made the experience more out of the ordinary. We considered going back for an evening safari, but did not end up having time. I would love to know what they are like and if there are different animals that can be seen.

Expedition Everest
I used the single rider line for Everest because I was alone at Animal Kingdom at this point. I had about a 10-minute wait as opposed to the standby 40-minute wait that was posted. I was in the back of the train, which really jostled me around a lot! I was very happy to see that, from where I was sitting, all the pesky hair ties were removed from the broken track stop area. Disco Yeti was in his usual position hanging over the track, and I did not see the crow at the edge of the broken track (though I may have just missed that being in the back). It is still one of the rides with the best theming and thrills I think Disney has to offer.

Tree of Life Awakenings
On our way out from nighttime Animal Kingdom, we saw some of these projections. They were really awesome! We would have stuck around for a bit, but it was getting late and we had an early morning the next day. There was also a dance party happening as we were leaving. I think the nighttime additions have really made it a cool place to be in the evening.

Pandora – Flight of Passage
OH MAN. Where to start? I was really worried when I couldn’t get a Flight of Passage FastPass that we wouldn’t get to experience it at all. I was determined, however, so I got up early and went to Animal Kingdom Tuesday morning for park opening. It was very well organized (particularly in comparison to the MK debacle the night before!) and we moved easily to Flight of Passage. Na’vi River Journey was down for the majority of the day, so lines were extra long for FoP. I won’t go into too much detail for those who don’t want spoilers, but the queue was absolutely amazing, and combined with the ride made getting up early and the wait worth it. From arrival to riding, I think it was about 45 minutes. My family decided to return with me for nighttime Pandora, and we were so happy we did. The line for FoP said 90 minutes, but it only took us about 40 from start of wait to end of ride! A CM explained that depending on the sizes of groups waiting to ride, the time can be misleading. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the ride, and the only issue was the 3D glasses being too big for my brother to wear without holding. It seems to be a common issue, so hopefully they will come up with a better pair soon.

Pandora – Na’vi River Journey
Again, an amazing ride that I will not spoil! Our FastPass had been for a time when the ride was down, so it was replaced with one for any time that day. It was quite breathtaking and beautiful to be riding through the bioluminescent jungle/forest. I think we all rode with our mouths open in wonder!

Last edited:

belle119821

Original Poster
Typhoon Lagoon
This was also the first trip that we visited a water park. We decided to go to Typhoon Lagoon based on TheTimTracker’s recommendation. When we arrived, all the rides were closed because of an impending thunder and lightning storm. We waited out the storm, which turned into a near typhoon itself! After letting my brother try out some of the kids’ slides, we went in Castaway Creek first. It was nice, but had far too many tubes in it to float easily. Then, we decided to try the new Miss Adventure Falls. My mom stepped out of her comfort zone again to do this one, which we all ended up enjoying. Its thrill did not come from a steep drop; rather it was the way the float we shared would slide up the side of the tubes going around the corners. Getting in and out were the most troublesome parts of the ride! We did have a great time on it, though. Lastly, we went into the wave pool. We did not expect the 6-foot waves to be the only waves, and until we figured out how to jump over and into them, we kept getting swept away! We spent about 3 hours at the park in total, and it was a refreshing addition to our Disney vacation.

Dining
We had the Quick Service dining plan on this trip, which was new for us. We all thought it was wonderful, and we had a great variety and amount of food to choose from. We certainly did not go hungry! With the plan, we were allotted 2 meals (an entrée and a drink), 2 snacks (foods or drinks) and a Rapid Fill souvenir cup for the hotel. By the end of the week, we had used the meals, but had 10 snacks left over. Since we were driving home, we used the snacks to stock up for the ride at the hotel commissary. I’ll just list some of the places we ate and a couple quick thoughts on them:
· Columbia Harbour House (The best frozen lemonade!)
· Pinocchio Village Haus
· Sunshine Tree Terrace (Had to get our citrus swirls! My brother hoped for chocolate ice cream, but he said the vanilla was still delicious. One CM said they were working on getting a new machine so they could have both chocolate and vanilla again.)
· Liberty Inn
· Sunshine Seasons (Breakfast one day after our Soarin’ adventure. We used some snack credits to get several pastries and muffins.)
· Backlot Express (My dad had the Royal Guard Burger – he thoroughly enjoyed it!)
· Trolley Car Café
· Everything POP (This is the cafeteria at Pop Century Hotel. It had a wonderful selection for all meals, and we all thought it was some of the best food we had on our whole trip.)
· Satu’li Canteen (I had the amazing Cinnamon French Toast [pictured] and a Cold Brew iced coffee on my Pandora morning, and my family had lunch later that day. My dad had a Grilled Beef Bowl he said was absolutely delicious!)
upload_2017-7-10_21-18-31.png

· Earl of Sandwich, Disney Springs (I love eating here when in Disney, because we don’t have these around where we live! The food was delicious, and we could use our Quick Service meals, toboot!)
I have to separate Be Our Guest from this list because there is too much to say – I was amazed! The only reservation I could get was for early Friday morning for breakfast. It was easy to check in with our Magic Bands, and when it was our turn, we went to the touch screen kiosk and ordered our own meals. We could use our Quick Service meal credits, even though the prices at BOG are much higher than the usual restaurants on the plan. My mom and I had the Feast a la Gaston (very good, though it seemed to be a smaller serving than pictured), my dad had the Croque Madame (which he loved), and my brother had cereal (he’s not big on breakfast!) We found a seat in the Castle Gallery right in front of the dancing Belle and Beast. We felt like we were in a music box, and the Beauty and the Beast lover in me was fangirling out! Very quickly, our food was arriving at our table – we still aren’t sure how they knew where we were sitting, but we assume it was the Magic Bands. We also ordered the Master’s Cupcake, and the grey stuff truly was delicious! On the way out, we explored the other dining rooms, and they are every bit as beautiful and magical as the pictures of them. I was so excited to be there after waiting 5 years! It was a fabulous experience that I hope to repeat on future trips to the World.

Shopping

We did just a bit of shopping for our usual souvenirs. At the time of our visit, there was a promotion in certain stores that if you spent $60, you could purchase a WDW backpack for $20. We decided to make a list of what we wanted to buy throughout the week, and then on Thursday go to the Disney Springs World of Disney store to pick everything up and hit the $60. We did that, and then the following day we were at the Main Street Emporium and spent another $60, so this time I got the backpack. It is a good quality backpack (which was needed because both my and my mother’s backpacks’ straps broke during our trip!) and I love that it says “Walt Disney World” on it. I’m always looking for things that are park-specific instead of generic. My mother also purchased an ornament from Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe in Liberty Square, though I said I would personalize it for her when we got home instead of spending the extra money to have it done there. My brother spent his vacation money on several things from The Pirates League, as well.

Accessories

I have ordered Magic Band decals from MyFantasyBands in the past, and I have been following Spray on the Glitter’s Instagram as well. Because I love my crafting, I decided to make myself a pair of Woody ears and some band bows for the trip. I got many compliments on them and I thought they were really a fun and easy way to spruce up the plain Magic Bands! I highly recommend supporting both these shops or making your own accessories to get excited for your trip!

belle119821

Original Poster
Final Thoughts
I love Disney. I will always love Disney. That being said, there were some things this week that made me question some of Disney’s recent choices and ways of doing things or keeping up the parks. The standby lines were discouraging because they could very well take over and practically ruin a vacation if your planning or FastPasses go awry. This was the reason we didn’t wait to meet any characters. We weren’t going to use our FastPasses for meet & greets, and the lines were an hour or more for all of them. We had a couple run-ins with surly CMs, but nearly everyone else was cheerful, helpful, and friendly. I was sad that we didn’t get to see any parades or fireworks shows, however it all came down to how long it took to do certain things and the oppressive heat and humidity. I couldn’t imagine sitting in the sun on the side of Main Street, USA waiting for the afternoon parade to come by. I think if we had stayed longer, we would have been able to see more of the entertainment or met with more characters because our level of tiredness would have been less. I hope this trip report has given someone some information that can help, or started a discussion, or been at least some mildly interesting reading. :happy: I really enjoyed the trip and look forward to going back as soon as possible!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom