the Wiggles at six flags??

Dizneyworld4430

Original Poster
Six Flags To Add "Wiggles Worlds"

Six Flags is bringing "Wiggles Worlds" to three parks in 2007 —
Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Great America and Six Flags
New England.
The new "Wiggles Worlds" will include specially themed rides and attractions for families with kids ages 2-6, including The Big Red Car Ride, Dorothy the Dinosaur's Rosy Teacup Ride and the S.S. Feathersword Pirate Ship. The areas will also include shops selling Wiggles merchandise and a restaurant, the Yummy Yummy Café. Each "Wiggles World" will be populated by The Wiggles' cast of supporting characters: Dorothy the Dinosaur, Captain Feathersword, Wags the Dog and Henry the Octopus, who will pose for photos and perform in daily shows. The Wiggles themselves — Anthony, Sam, Jeff and Murray —
will make an appearance and perform at each of the parks where "Wiggles Worlds" are being launched. See Wiggles World video.

i though disney owned the wiggles does anyone know more info on this i found this info on www.sixflags.com

ToTBellHop

At least Six Flags is trying--but this won't do anything for their profits, I'm afraid. $50 to get in and $10 for parking for a new kiddie land? Six Flags New England is a nice park, I admit, but it's not worth what they charge. It sounds like a few new kiddie lands is all Six Flags is doing this year. Even Disney, the most family-friendly theme park operator in the world, isn't that foolish.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Where's Jeff? Err, I mean, Where's Greg?

Has he left the group?

Scott

He has not left the group, but he is not performing any more due to health reasons. I believe he is still around on the creative side of the coin. It is my understanding that he is the brains behind the group and was the creator of much of the characters and music.

mrtoad

At least Six Flags is trying--but this won't do anything for their profits, I'm afraid. $50 to get in and $10 for parking for a new kiddie land? Six Flags New England is a nice park, I admit, but it's not worth what they charge. It sounds like a few new kiddie lands is all Six Flags is doing this year. Even Disney, the most family-friendly theme park operator in the world, isn't that foolish.

I think it will help to drive more traffic into their parks. For one Six Flags does not have a ton for little kids now so they now can now attract families they might not of before. On top of that the Wiggles are very popular and sell out where ever they go to perform and if they are selling out and people don't have another chance to see them, this will help drive crowds.

I am not a Six Flags fan at all. I am in NJ and we have Six Flags Great Adventure about 2 hours from my house and have not been in almost 20 years as I never cared for it. But for kids this could be a good thing.

slappy magoo

What I wonder about is, do the Wiggles have staying power? 5 or 7 years from now, will the next generation of kids know who the Wiggles are? Will they care? Because Six Flags could be investing a whole lot of money into building up a franchise that will be meaningless very soon.

I'm not saying this out of vindictiveness. I'm not saying the Wiggles WON'T be around. I just don't know. I don't have kids, and I'm out of the loop. I was dating someone 5 years ago who had a 2 year old who loved the Wiggles. So they've lasted at least that long. But I remember when Barney the dinosaur was a cultural phenomenon. Now, I think he's still on the air, but I honestly don't know. I certainly don't think he's the marketing juggernaut he once was. Universal has an attraction dedicated to him, and I wonder if anyone has kids who genuinely look forward to the park because of it.

But, to be honest, I wonder the same thing about some of Disney's Stuff. I'm sure, 20 years from now, VH1 will have an "I Love the '00's" where Michael Ian Black Jr. and Paul F. Tompkins v 2.0 will mock nostalgically over Hannahg Montana & High School Musical.

Back on topic, I think Six Flags is investing a lot of money into something that won't be such a big deal for long. Certainly not long enough to justify the expense of building a whole section of the park around it.

mrtoad

Well I can't speak for all parents but for me the Wiggles vs Barney is not even close. The Wiggles don't drive me out of my mind though I would not turn them on and watch them by myself like I would with the Incredibles or Finding Nemo. Barney on the other hand, we did everything possible to not let my daughter even know he existed because he drove us crazy when my sister's kids would watch him. Somebody eventually gave my daughter a Barney tape and have since been removed from our Christmas card list. OK that part is a joke but somebody gave her a tape and it would drive us nuts.

So I am thinking due to the fact that the Wiggles don't have that HATE relationship with a lot of parents they will last for quite a while. They sell out shows all over the world.

Also Barney does a lot of stand nursury rhyme type songs where the Wiggles make up their own stuff and try to be catchy.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Well I can't speak for all parents but for me the Wiggles vs Barney is not even close. The Wiggles don't drive me out of my mind though I would not turn them on and watch them by myself like I would with the Incredibles or Finding Nemo. Barney on the other hand, we did everything possible to not let my daughter even know he existed because he drove us crazy when my sister's kids would watch him. Somebody eventually gave my daughter a Barney tape and have since been removed from our Christmas card list. OK that part is a joke but somebody gave her a tape and it would drive us nuts.

So I am thinking due to the fact that the Wiggles don't have that HATE relationship with a lot of parents they will last for quite a while. They sell out shows all over the world.

Also Barney does a lot of stand nursury rhyme type songs where the Wiggles make up their own stuff and try to be catchy.

Ditto everything just said...

ToTBellHop

These lands are not family friendly. That is the problem. They are kid-friendly. This will do for Six Flags what Flik's Fun Fair did for DCA: nothing. And...these parks cost about as much as a trip to a Disney park. 2006 was an abyssmal year for Six Flags and I'm not expecting much more for 2007.

sarahwiggles99

Six Flags To Add "Wiggles Worlds"

Six Flags is bringing "Wiggles Worlds" to three parks in 2007 —
Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Great America and Six Flags
New England.
The new "Wiggles Worlds" will include specially themed rides and attractions for families with kids ages 2-6, including The Big Red Car Ride, Dorothy the Dinosaur's Rosy Teacup Ride and the S.S. Feathersword Pirate Ship. The areas will also include shops selling Wiggles merchandise and a restaurant, the Yummy Yummy Café. Each "Wiggles World" will be populated by The Wiggles' cast of supporting characters: Dorothy the Dinosaur, Captain Feathersword, Wags the Dog and Henry the Octopus, who will pose for photos and perform in daily shows. The Wiggles themselves — Anthony, Sam, Jeff and Murray —
will make an appearance and perform at each of the parks where "Wiggles Worlds" are being launched. See Wiggles World video.

i though disney owned the wiggles does anyone know more info on this i found this info on www.sixflags.com

I didnt know I was going to have my own world.
:lookaroun
WOW I'm special :sohappy:

(my last name is wigley so my friends call me wiggles)
:hammer:

lilclerk

Haha, I used to watch Bananas in Pajamas before I had to leave in the mornings when I was in middle school.

I was weird.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom