The Whole Security Thing At Disney

SMS55

I'm not worried about what they find in a bag, but what a person carries. I've been on other forums that deal with outdoors and several individuals there have stated how they carry their concealed weapon into the parks. They are licensed to carry, but they are carrying on someone else's private property. Florida does have some of the most liberal laws when it comes to gun usage and self defense.

Jimmy Thick

Depeneding on the training recived, or if the security going through the bags were former law enforcement or military, I would completely trust they know what to look for. Anyone in law enforcement can notice something wrong, its what we do every day.

And security is everywhere in the parks, you don't know it, but they are all around you.

Jimmy Thick-Its the shoes...

SFMarine

I guess it could be worse..Disney could have everyone pass through metal detectors like six flags does. I try and take the least amount of things with me to the parks as I can which enables me to pass through the non baggage check.

Jimmy Thick

A lot of it is theatre because they can't openly profile. They know what to look for.

They can't but I bet they do.

Who is going to get a longer look, they mom holding a baby with a diaper bag, or the teenager with a backpack?

Jimmy Thick-Easy choice really...

SFMarine

I'm not worried about what they find in a bag, but what a person carries. I've been on other forums that deal with outdoors and several individuals there have stated how they carry their concealed weapon into the parks. They are licensed to carry, but they are carrying on someone else's private property. Florida does have some of the most liberal laws when it comes to gun usage and self defense.

Florida is a gun-friendly state but Disney is private property so they can ask you to leave. I don't see why anyone would need a gun at Disney. :shrug:

John

Just my experience with security...I was at MK with my family....one of my cousins ( male) went thru the "check bag line" with his wife. He didnt have a bag. Went thru the line, about 25 ft from the line out of no where there were several p[lain clothes security people surrounding him. They asked about the knife he had in his front pocket. He pulled it out and it was a small pocketknife he carries with him all the time. The security officer asked to look at it. Looked at it, gave it back and said ....have a nice day.

1) How did they know he had a knife in his front pocket?

2) why did he let him proceed with the pocket knife?

3) I am sure he was followed all day.

I also noticed a few men posted inside the gates of EPCOT dresed in sweat jackets looking as if they were guest. They were talking into their jackets. I made eye contact and knew instantly these were not you typical guest. My mother has been a longtime CM and has told me numerous stories about guest who were professional shoplifters etc. who have been "removed" from property. They are greeted by security and taken directly to the authorities or even to the airport where they are sent back to where they came from.

I was also told that WDW security allows a certian amount of shop lifting as not to cause to much of a scene depending on who is doing the crime. So when you wonder why the merch is so high you can bet that this loss is added into the cost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom