The Walls around the World question

mrtoad

Original Poster
We are going to WDW in a couple of weeks (yeah! :) ) can any one give an update on what parts of the parks are currently walled off so I can have any idea what to expect.

Thanks,
Mike

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Some of the turnstiles, the Land Pavilion, area in front of the magic of animation, area between HISTK and the back lot tour, WoL is closed as well as IASW. They are also doing some rehab at the Poly (I believe you mentioned that you were staying there in a previous post.)

mrtoad

Original Poster
Master Yoda said:
Some of the turnstiles, the Land Pavilion, area in front of the magic of animation, area between HISTK and the back lot tour, WoL is closed as well as IASW. They are also doing some rehab at the Poly (I believe you mentioned that you were staying there in a previous post.)

Thank-you. Yes we are staying at the Polynesian and I think they are doing one building while we are there.

Do you know if the walls in front of the old 20K and the Fantasyland skyride are down?

Thanks,
Mike

Figment1986

the skyride walls are down.. and it is now a stroller parking lot... 20k's walls are still up..... and the walls infront of IASW are still intact.... (but their are cracks to see through them....)

mrtoad

Original Poster
Figment1986 said:
the skyride walls are down.. and it is now a stroller parking lot... 20k's walls are still up..... and the walls infront of IASW are still intact.... (but their are cracks to see through them....)

Do you know when the 20K walls will be down, they have been up for what seems like forever.

Thanks,
Mike

At the Poly, I read somewhere that they are also reconfiguring all the merchandise locations into one larger location. So you may see some walls up in the Ceremonial House at the Poly as well.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
mrtoad said:
Do you know when the 20K walls will be down, they have been up for what seems like forever.

Thanks,
Mike
It is probably going to be a while before they are removed. I haven't heard any new rumors lately but the last thing I heard was that they were going to expand toon town into the old 20k site.

mrtoad

Original Poster
Thanks. I would have prefered some sort of attraction but that is better than just sitting idle.

mrtoad

Original Poster
Chape19714 said:
There is also the huge walls up covering the "hub" of the Magic Kingdom, unless they have already been removed.

Yeah, that one I knew. That is what prompted me to ask this. We are quite dissapointed about that one. Even though it is not blocking an attraction from running it is messing up the standard "stop on Main Street and get a family photo op" situation. :(

Pixie Duster

I know it stinks, the hub is "walled" for 10 weeks, but I am sure you all know we don't put those things up unless we have a very good reason

mrtoad

Original Poster
Pixie Duster said:
I know it stinks, the hub is "walled" for 10 weeks, but I am sure you all know we don't put those things up unless we have a very good reason

I do understand that, it just seems that there is a lot of stuff walled off/under rehab for one time. Does not mean I won't enjoy it, as you know I will. I just wish it wasn't so (but do understand).

nicholas

I have a somewhat related question. I have Cindy's reservations for an 8:30 am sitting. I was VERY excited about this because we would be getting a family pic on a virtually empty Main Street. Now with the wall, I'm like..."um, sucks"

Not having taken many family style pics on Main Street before, is there a place on the street where you can stand so the people in the pic are large enough to hide the wall around the hub, but still see the castle? Or, if you get a pic taken from between the hub and castle, are you still far enough away to get a majority of the castle in the pic? Any photo mavens out there with the answer? I'm gonna sift through the albums for some pics to see if I can find the answer there, but sometimes it's hard to tell exactly where the person with the camera is standing due to zoom features and what not.

Thanks in advance.

mrtoad

Original Poster
I believe you can get a nice shot on the bridge to Liberty Sqaure with the Castle behind you.

When are you going?

nicholas said:
I have a somewhat related question. I have Cindy's reservations for an 8:30 am sitting. I was VERY excited about this because we would be getting a family pic on a virtually empty Main Street. Now with the wall, I'm like..."um, sucks"

Not having taken many family style pics on Main Street before, is there a place on the street where you can stand so the people in the pic are large enough to hide the wall around the hub, but still see the castle? Or, if you get a pic taken from between the hub and castle, are you still far enough away to get a majority of the castle in the pic? Any photo mavens out there with the answer? I'm gonna sift through the albums for some pics to see if I can find the answer there, but sometimes it's hard to tell exactly where the person with the camera is standing due to zoom features and what not.

Thanks in advance.

tigger248

nicholas said:

That sounds like my luck. I've had early breakfast reservations twice at MK, once at Cindys and once at Crystal Palace. The first one (Cindy's), there were gardeners by the partners statue ruining our perfect photo-op. The second one, it was so foggy that we couldn't even see the castle. Oh well, I guess there's next time. (The time with the fog, I was really mad. I was staying in a savannah view room at AKL and it was too foggy to see the animals out in the morning.)

nicholas

tigger248 said:
That sounds like my luck. I've had early breakfast reservations twice at MK, once at Cindys and once at Crystal Palace. The first one (Cindy's), there were gardeners by the partners statue ruining our perfect photo-op. The second one, it was so foggy that we couldn't even see the castle. Oh well, I guess there's next time. (The time with the fog, I was really mad. I was staying in a savannah view room at AKL and it was too foggy to see the animals out in the morning.)
Aw man, that does suck! Third time's the charm though, right? LOL

nicholas

nicholas said:
Aw man, that does suck! Third time's the charm though, right? LOL
Also, is it safe to assume they won't start work on the castle itself until AFTER the final CSC (feb 26, which i do plan on attending) and the hub rehab are finished so as to not make guests completely upset?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom