The Village

imagineer99

Well, calling Unbreakable "Bad" is just not fair.

The movie was far from the perfection that was the Sixth Sense. However, it contains some of the most beautifully shot scenes that I have ever watched.

I liked it loads more than, Signs (maybe cause I'm a comic book fan).

I kinda feel bad for M. Night. No one ever recognizes his highly underated film, "Wide Awake." But then again, he makes $12 million per picture, so it's hard to feel bad for him.;)

Heyyall

to me, it started off slow...my mom figured it out right in the beginning. i lilked signs more than The Village...to me, it was one of those movies where the whole time it didn't seem that great, but at the end i realized that it was pretty good...it was interesting though, i would def see it.

WDWFREAK53

imagineer99 said:
Well, calling Unbreakable "Bad" is just not fair.

Ok...you're right... Unbreakable wasn't "bad"...

But the Sixth Sense and Signs were very "good"...and Unbreakable didn't fall into that category. Actually, Signs wasn't "very good" but it did the job. It was marketed as a scary movie...and I went in thinking it was going to be a scary movie...and...I found it scary. The Village was marketed as scary...these monsters in the woods aren't keeping to themselves anymore...the Village is in TROUBLE!!!...and...the only part I found myself jump at is when she falls in the hole... BTW...for a blind girl...she certainly found something to hold on to...and...with one arm...throw her cane up...and...then take the bag off of her shoulder and throw her bag up...and then lift herself out of that hole with ease. I can see and I couldn't have done that :lol:

AliciaLuvzDizne

WDWFREAK53 said:
BTW...for a blind girl...she certainly found something to hold on to...and...with one arm...throw her cane up...and...then take the bag off of her shoulder and throw her bag up...and then lift herself out of that hole with ease. I can see and I couldn't have done that :lol:

**shakes head and re-reads post** Im begining to think i need to go see this movie just so i can understand Brian again...

OOhhh wait... :lol:

:kiss:

imagineer99

Bryce Howard's character was my favorite in the movie.

I never found her ailment to be "unbelievable".

Shyamalan painted her character as being extremely able. You can't go into to every movie (especially one from Shyamalan) expection pure reality.

"The Village" is a film that the more I think about it, the more I like. Plus, Shyamalan's cameo at the end was pretty cool.

As for the marketing, I think Disney was relying on a formula that works. It's hard to sell a a slow-moving period romance to the microwave generation.

stranger

WDWFREAK53 said:
Native Americans? Whuh? Did I miss that part of the movie? :lol:

Yeah, when you covered your eyes during the scary scenes.

I kid, I kid :p :wave: .

I think this movie did it's job, get people to talk about the movie. I am one of those that loved the movie. It was the characters and their behavior (mostly fear) towards life in the village that had me intrigued.

A little freaky trivia: "The Sixth Sense", "Unbreakable", "Signs" and "The Village" are all 107 minutes long. :eek: Coincidence?

no2apprentice

We (my family) saw the film yesterday and we all enjoyed it. But then, we have enjoyed all of Shyamalan's films (hey, I could spell it). We learned early on with Unbreakable that each film is not a redo of The Sixth Sense, but a new film with it's own strength and weaknesses (and The Sixth Sense has a few weaknesses, as well).

This is the first film in a long time where I will probably buy the soundtrack. Wonderful score.

And as far as any political statement, I didn't see it. To me, that's not even remotely close to what it's about. Shyamalan's scene pretty much spells it out.

And as far as the twist, I had guessed it based on the commercials (honest, my wife is my witness...just ask her!).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom