Pre-Trip The upcoming attempt to make my girlfriend ride

...the Tower of Terror

30 days away from our trip, seems as good a time as any to do a pre trip report...

After spending a week in Disneyland Paris last year me and my fair lady decided to do what I consider "proper Disney" and spend 2 weeks at WDW commencing 23rd May.

I am 29 and this will be my 5th visit(first since 2001) and my girlfriends 3rd visit(first since 2002).

Onto the interesting stuff though..."where are you staying?" I hear you ask. We will be in the Caribbean Beach resort for the full 2 weeks, which I am particularly excited about as its my first time staying onsite. Having booked directly through Disney we have the free quick service dining plan, which I am similarly stoked about, and have a 14 day ultimate park ticket each.

How excited are we? Very. VERY. My Disney experience hasn't helped with my productivity in work as I spend most of my days wondering if I've made the right fastpass+ choices(most notably how I feel about 2 adults using a fastpass to meet Anna and Elsa)

I'm particularly looking forward to Star Wars weekends as I'm a bit of a Star Wars nut and getting my girlfriend on splash mountain and tower of terror as she doesn't like drops. At Disneyland Paris last year she decided to sit out ToT, so it's a big goal of mine to get her on it this year!

mrdrift

Good luck on getting her on ToT, I hope you succeed. Two weeks at Disney World is really awesome. What ADR's did you choose? Did you get all the fast passes you wanted? Following along for a two week adventure.

Bodyfather

Original Poster
Good luck on getting her on ToT, I hope you succeed. Two weeks at Disney World is really awesome. What ADR's did you choose? Did you get all the fast passes you wanted? Following along for a two week adventure.
We've got pretty much all the Fastpasses we wanted, all the big rides are covered and we've got a few in our last few days for the fireworks at MK and Epcot and a fantasmic dinner package meaning we can do some of the bigger attractions in those parks when the parades and fireworks are on in our first week.

Dining wise, we've got ADR's in the rose and crown at Epcot, the Sci fi dine in theatre and Mama Melrose in DHS, rainforest cafe in AK and Tony's town square restaurant and Be Our Guest in MK. We plan on using the quick service plan for the rest...make the most of it

mrdrift

We've got pretty much all the Fastpasses we wanted, all the big rides are covered and we've got a few in our last few days for the fireworks at MK and Epcot and a fantasmic dinner package meaning we can do some of the bigger attractions in those parks when the parades and fireworks are on in our first week.

Dining wise, we've got ADR's in the rose and crown at Epcot, the Sci fi dine in theatre and Mama Melrose in DHS, rainforest cafe in AK and Tony's town square restaurant and Be Our Guest in MK. We plan on using the quick service plan for the rest...make the most of it
Great choices on the ADR's. Those are the family's favorite places to eat when we go to Disney World. Glad to hear you got all the fast passes that you wanted. Will be watching for more.

Doug Means

ToT is one of my most favorite rides, i hope she decides to get o n it. my daughter who refused for 2 trips to get on now loves it and it is a multiple must ride both of us. also, i love sci-fi dine and mama melrose...i wish i was going with y'all

FlaggNL

ToT is one of the greatest rides :) WDW is different from the one in Paris, although off course there are a lot of similarities :) Enjoy the pre feelings!

Bodyfather

Original Poster
So we have one day left of our trip, which we will be spending in Magic kingdom and I can confirm she DID NOT ride tower of terror. I failed.

Bodyfather

Original Poster
Serious post Disney blues sat in Orlando airport. Had an AMAZING time though. Already planning the next one

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom