The Theme Park Resort to End All Theme Park Resorts Part 1

figmntal95

Original Poster
I realized something. How much I hate repeated attractions in theme parks. I recently did by Disney/Universal Studios Thread... which then everyone else decided they wanted to copy... but I looked back and realized the lack of unoriginal attractions. The only things I truly liked about the parks were Kaiju Island and The Ghostbusters Attraction. Everything was the same stuff thats put into every Disney or Universal Theme Park. Or has already been created. That's why I've created a new theme park resort.... but this time with no repeated attractions. If I do decide to repeat an attraction, it will differentiate from the original. These, for now, will be marked with a 2.0. Since this is part 1 of 3/4 (not sure yet) this thread will only cover my first park, a STRICTLY movie-themed park entitled

LEGENDS OF THE SILVER SCREEN

The way I'm gonna do this park is to not write everything I'm doing first. I'll take it one area at a time. And I'll leave your imagination to create the restaurants and shops for the theme parks. I never realized how boring that was. So here we go... the first area of LOTSS:

Hollywood Boulevard
-The Music Of John Williams
A ride through, similar to the Great Movie Ride, of films featuring John William's greatest scores. The scenes are:

-Close Encounters of the Third Kind: The Landing Scene. Featuring the ship with multiple aliens surrounding it, meeting with the humans.

-Jaws: The First Victim Scene. Jaws circles around the vehicle in the first part of the scene. The second part of the scene shows Jaws attacking the girl.

-Indiana Jones: The Temple/Ball Scene. In the first part of the scene, you see Indy grabbing the idol. In the second part, you see Indy escaping from the giant ball.

-E.T.: The Flying Scene. I didn't want to do this, but I had to. Basically, the music plays as a shadowed projection of the bike flies across the side. ET says his line and the vehicle moves on.

-Jurassic Park: The "Welcome to Jurassic Park" Scene. On one side of the room is a brontosaurus, where on the other side is Alan, Ellie, John, and Ian marveling at the dinosaur. John says "Welcome to Jurassic Park."
-Superman: Superman flying over the city in a 360 tunnel like King Kong.

-Star Wars: A movie screen shows various scenes from all six films, followed by an AA scene of Han Solo, Chewbacca, C3PO and R2D2 saying goodbye.

The whole attraction would be narrated by Morgan Freeman. A preshow would show the trailers of all the movies, a la GMR. Before, each scene the room will be dark. Just as the vehicle leaves a scene, the lights go out and MF begins a narration for the next scene. For example:
-Lights are out after the Jaws Scene-
"In 1981, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas brought us an epic film featuring the adventures of a college professor who also did work as an archaeologist. This film sparked three more films featuring the famous adventurer. Ladies and Gentlemen, Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark."
-The John Williams Score begins and the vehicle moves through the scene.-

-Hooray for Hollywood! Stage Show
A live stage show featuring songs and scenes based on popular film genres, like Western, Gangster, Sci-Fi, Horror, Action, Romance, and Comedy.

figmntal95

Original Poster
Thanks for the Comments GrizzlyHall! And no, I haven't thought about a Pulp Fiction attraction... But I'll sure think into it.

Next up is the Muppet Studios! An area dedicated to one of my (current) obsessions. Here's what we got:

Great Muppet Movie Ride: Name one person that doesn't want this attraction to be produced. The premise of the attraction is that the core Muppets are each filming recreations of their favorite movies. The whole attraction is narrated by Kermit, who appears at the beginning of every scene saying what it is. He'd be sitting on a camera rigging sytem. The scenes of this attraction would include:

Frankenstein: Bunsen and Beaker's Scene. Bunsen portrays a mad scientist who brings his creation (Beaker) to life. Miss Piggy is the Bride of Frankenstein. (A running gag in every scene is that Miss Piggy finds a way to be in it.) As you exit the scene, Statler and Waldorf appear in a golf cart (dressed like how Steven Spielberg would dress on set) and heckle the actors. They would appear at the end of every scene as well.

Ratatouille: Swedish Chef and Rizzo's scene. Rizzo is showing The Chef how to cook.... by controlling him like a puppet. They would stumble around the room, knocking things over. There would be aromatic smells filling the room. Miss Piggy bursts in as Julia Child, and the Chef slams into a shelf and pots fall all over her. Statler and Waldorf make an appearance and the ride moves on to the next scene.

This is Spinal Tap: Electric Mayhem's Scene. The band plays a song around a miniature Stonehedge. Piggy comes on as a crazed fan. Crazy Harry comes on, and sets off an explosion, and Animal disappears in a cloud of smoke (referring to the joke where the bands drummer keeps getting killed mysteriously), and Miss Piggy falls over, fainting. S&W are here to heckle and the car moves on.

Alice In Wonderland: Gonzo's Choice. It's the tea scene... Gonzo appears at the Mad Hatter, spouting ridiculous rhymes with the March Hare (Bean Bunny), The Dormouse (Miss Mousey), Alice (Annie Sue) and the Cheshire Cat (Gaffer). Miss Piggy runs on as the Queen Of Hearts, screaming "OFF WITH HER HEAD!" The March Hare laughs and throws a cup at her, and she chases him away. Stat and Wald appear and the ride continues.

The Searchers: Fozzie's Pick. Fozzie appears as John Wocka-Wocka-Wayne, telling bad western jokes atop a sarcastic Muppet Horse. Miss Piggy appears in a stagecoach as an outlaw. As she is riding across, the stagecoach looses a wheel and it tumbles offscene. Statler and Waldorf appear earlier this time.... it's their favorite victim! Fozzie and the curmudgeons exchange lines as we move onto the final scene.

Pigs in Space--- The Movie: Piggy's big scene. Link Hogthrob and Julius Strangepork are at the controls, panicking. According to them, their ship is being attacked by Space Pi-rats. The ship is shaking and smoking. Link exclaims "If only First Mate Piggy could help us!" This is Miss Piggy's cue, but she doesn't come onstage. Link says the line again, but nothing. The special effects stop and Kermit comes down from the ceiling, yelling at Piggy to come out. Statler and Waldorf appear and heckle. Kermit apologizes to the guests for not being able to see the complete scene. Just as the vehicle is leaving the scene, Piggy runs on yelling "I'm Here! I'm..." the lights go out and the ride is over.

figmntal95

Original Poster
Cooking with the Swedish Chef: Basically and LCI show like Turtle Talk where Swedish Chef makes a randomly selected dish. He interacts with the audience via a translator, who holds the microphone. Various special effects, like lighting and smoke, would be incorporated into the showroom.

Muppet Midway Mania: OK, OK.... I know everyone loves Toy Story Mania, so I do.... but Muppet Midway Mania is the coolest name ever and when riding TSM at DCA I realized how awesome this would be. There would be scenes hosted by:

-Practice Round: Statler and Waldorf: Shooting pies at Fozzie.
-Swedish Chef: Shooting meatballs. at Kitchen Objects
-Bunsen: Shooting water balloons at multiple Beakers.
-Electric Mayhem: Shooting balls at musical instruments.
-Gonzo and Rizzo: Shooting rings at chickens and rats.
-Fozzie: Shooting rubber chickens at various gags which trigger certain effects.
-Kermit and Piggy: Shooting darts at various Muppet props.

Prizes (in order from least to greatest)
-Rat
-Chicken
-Penguin
-Pig
-Frog

figmntal95

Original Poster
Alright.... let's knock out the rest of Legends tonight!

Spielberg's Space

-Jurassic Park Adventure
Hahaha. You all probably thought this was just a reimagining of the JP Water Ride thats in every Uni park. It's that.... but more. Not only can you take to the spontaneous river system that runs through JP... but you can ride in a JP Jeep, or take to the skies in a helicoptor! Here's a layout of what the ride would be:

-The Rafts: This is modeled after the Singapore JPRA, with a Popeye style raft instead of the conventional boat. Basically beginning as a leisurely boat cruise through JP (this is how all the rides begin) where you see a bunch of AA dinos (more state of the art than the current ones, however) in their "natural" habitats. Then, you take a wrong turn. You don't go into that silly building like the others. No. You start plummeting down various rapids as various dinos leap out at you. Just then, a Carnataurus (tribute to DINOSAUR) appears, looking as if he is going to attack the raft. The raft takes a huge plunge narrowly avoiding the Carnataurus, and the raft heads back to unload.

-The Jeeps: This is gonna be the coolest. And most film accurate. You begin in front of the Discovery Center (JP is gonna be a miniland) where you go through the tour that the characters in the movie were gonna go through. You even go through those awesome gates. Then, the power shuts off. The vehicles stop for a moment. This is where it gets original. The vehicles go into automatic mode (John Hammond says on the car radio that this feature was installed after a certain incident) where the cars move slower and the lights in the car flicker on and off. Then, on both sides of the car, noises are heard. You pass by the raptor encagement, and see that there is a large hole. The raptors have escaped! John says that the power is almost about to come back. But for now, you're traveling through the jungle... surrounded by raptors. Just as a few AA raptors approach the car, the power comes back and the jeep speeds off. The raptors chase the jeep. Sounds of clashing are heard from the back of the jeep... the raptors are leaping at the vehicle. John tells us that the autopilot is still offline, and the riders will have to take the wheel. This is where the fun begins. Three buttons on the dash light up. John tells us to pick one. Choosing a button takes you on a different portion of the ride. These would be random so that 4 jeeps dont go onto the same track at once. The tracks take you to the rickety bridge, the T-Rex encounter, and the cliff. The bridge is basically just a shaky bridge and your car stops in the middle. The t-rex encounter is a T-Rex chasing you through the jungle, then a face-to-face encounter with him as you shoot down a slope. The cliff is the only track where the raptors still come after you. The raptors are chasing you through the jungle until you suddenly see a huge cliff approaching. Hammond tells you the brakes are only accessible through autopilot, which should be back up in 10 seconds. The car is still being chased by the raptors and going fast. The cliff approaches quickly as Hammond counts down from five. The jeep is about to shoot off the cliff as the breaks come on and the jeep comes to a stop inches before the edge. The raptors fling themselves off the cliff, and the jeep goes to unload.

The Choppah: Not much here... just a helicoptor simulator where you can see all the sights of JP... but not before being attacked by pteranadons. Pretty self explanitory, so I'm moving forward.

-JAWS
Jaws. Great movie. Great ride. And guess what. Theyre probably gonna close it in USF. So in my resort, it needs to be reborn in a whole new way. So, the ride starts out as normal... "Welcome aboard Amity Boat Tours... blah blah blah" You see a few sights before seeing the wrecked tour boat. Yup. It's there. Here's where it gets different. In our time away from the shark, Jaws seemed to have met Mrs. Jaws. Because there are FOUR sharks encircling the boat. Our skipper tells the Amity Police that there are sharks around them. Brody tells the skipper that he'll get there as soon as possible, and for now to use the grenade launcher. Our daring Skipper takes out two with the grenade launcher before seeking shelter in the boathouse. After hiding in there for a few seconds, the Skipper decides the coast is clear and begins heading out. Boy is he wrong. Another Jaws Jr. comes along but is easily taken out from the grenade launcher. One more baby. The skipper is in open water and decides to head for the nearest dock. Before he can do that, a baby appears and tries to attack the boat. Another shot from the grenade launcher takes him out. Then, just before the boat can reach the alternate dock, Lady Jaws appears. And she's a big momma. He fires two grenades, the first one killing her, and the second one shooting into the dock. Needless to say, the skipper hits an oil barrell and the dock sets on fire. Now we need to get out of here. The skipper decides its about time to head back to the main dock. But unforunately, that is currently being blocked by the biggest of the big: Jaws himself. The skipper fires his last round at Jaws, hitting but not killing him. The skipper realizes that there is an alternate route through a narrow canal on the side that will take them back. The boat enters a deserted lagoon a short distance from the docks. We're gonna make it. Or not. Jaws himself appears, in all his glory, before the boat. He charges at the boat a few times, splashing and bumping the boat around. Just before Jaws can deliver the final blow, a grenade blast hits him and he goes down. It's Brody! He saved us! Brody asks us if we're ok and the boat heads back to the dock.

-Lights! Camera! Action! by Steven Spielberg
This attraction is basically two parts: a film and an exhibit. The film features Spielberg informing guests about making movies, using his own as examples. Then, the exhibit portion gives guests a chance to remake some of Spielberg's films, amongst other interactive exhibits.

figmntal95

Original Poster
If you thought Spielberg's Space was cool... here comes Lucas Landing.

Lucas Landing

-Star Wars
The coolest ride pavillion ever. Completely interactive. Once inside, the are multiple "Adventures" that can be had. This is basically an indoor miniland. In the building, theres:

-Jedi/Sith Training Academy: Not just a show. Guests choose between Jedi And Sith. Then, instructors train each group the basics of lightsaber combat. Then, the padawans are able to battle on an elaborate set with special effects built in. Yeah. Adults are allowed to do this, too.

-Podracers: Who hasn't wanted to podrace? Now you can! Basically a simulator, you get your own podracer, where you compete with other podracers next to you! It includes special effects, on board sound, and it's in 3D.

-Star Tours: How could you not have this? The classic simulator gets a new storyline as it travels to either: The Death Star, Hoth, or The Endor Moon.

-Meet Master Yoda/Darth Vader: Once again, guests choose between meeting Yoda or Darth Vader (it's all about interactivity here at the Star Wars pavillion). Similar to Turtle Talk or Laugh Floor, these masters interact with the guests.

-Star Wars Battlefront: Oh yeah. The big daddy of the Star Wars miniland. Guests ride in their own spaceship (theres a choice between Rebel or Empire) depending on how many guests are in their party. There are larger ships (troop transports) that can accomodate more guests. But the standard X Wings and Tie Fighters seat four. This attraction is basically a big videogame. The vehicles are on tracks equipped with weapons that are used to attack the enemy ships. If you are hit, your ship can spin out or shake. You get points depending on how many enemy ships you hit. The team with the most points wins!

-The Star Wars Adventure: You want more Star Wars? Fine... but this is it. This is a walk through. I know... a walk through? AWwwwww! NO! This is not just a walk through. You are basically walking through the worlds of Star Wars. With all the characters... in AA form. There's a walkthrough for all six movies, so you can choose. There are recreations of the most famous scenes from every movie. Imagine.... you're in the Mos Eisley Cantina. Then, you turn the corner and you're inside the Millenium Falcon! How awesome!

-Indiana Jones and the Temple of Pele'
And now for Lucas' other thingy, Indiana Jones. I don't want to go in depth with this one.... its an EMV through a cursed volcano. Fire effects. Peril. Boulders. YAY!!!

-Indiana Jones Stunt Show
Also don't want to go to in depth here. But there will be scenes from all four movies, with stunts, actors, and effects. Lots of those.

figmntal95

Original Poster
Pixar Place

-UP: Adventure is out There!
A hanging dark ride through the story of Up. You'd ride is vehicles shaped like Carl's House, but different colors.

-The Incredibles
Here's the cool one. A 3D, three track ride: Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, Dash and Violet. The first part of the ride has briefing from Edna Mode, who explains the lasers, which are mounted on the vehicles, and what each rider must do in their mission. The Edna Mode works in the same style as Roz in DCA. Amongst her spiel, she scolds people for their outfits, for talking, etc. All three tracks are sent out on different missions:

Mr Incredible: An Omnidroid is loose in the city, and Mr. Incredible has to defeat it. You basically help Mr. Incredible by targeting the Omnidroids weak spots with lasers. There are explosions, and the Omnidroid at times attacks the car. Eventually, Mr. Incredible finds the remote and destroys the robot.

Elastigirl: Elastigirl has to defeat Bomb Voyage. Basically, you are helping her infiltrate Voyage's base. To help her, you have to destroy the planted bombs with the vehicle's laser. She reaches Bomb Voyage's room and apprehends him. The ride continues.

Dash and Violet: These two are defeating various guards. The riders have to disable the guard's weapons so that Dash and Violet can take them out. There are also automatic weapons that have to be disabled. At the end of the scene, a guard fires a rocket at the vehicles. Violet puts up a forcefield to protect us as Dash runs and punches the guy. The ride continues.

The Underminer: In the final scene, all three tracks come together to defeat the Underminer. The Underminer is seating in a giant drill. The riders have to stall the drill so the family can attack the Underminer. The family, with the help of the riders, defeat the Underminer and the ride moves on.

Final Scene: The family thanks everyone for helping them. An appearance of Jak Jak (where has he been?) as he sets on fire is the last thing you see as the ride ends.

-WALL E Coaster
Basically a wild mouse indoor coaster with a cool music track. There are also AA Wall-E, Eve, and of course, Mo. Enough said.

figmntal95

Original Poster
Here's the beginning of my all original MK:

Main Street, USA
-Walt's Legacy
An all-new walk through exhibit showcasing the life of Walt Disney. This will all be housed in a large indoor complex, with multiple areas. The main walkthrough has AA scenes of Walt's greatest achievements such as:
1) Walt recieving Oscars for Snow White
2) Walt Introducing Disneyland
3) Walt Introducing AAs
4) Walt Pitching EPCOT
There would also be three theaters: one small theater which shows the One Man's Dream movie, another showing Great Moments, and a Third showing the Carousel of Progress.

-Main Street Vehicles
Self-explanitory... all the basics. But adding a recreation of Walt's car.

-Magic Kingdom Railroad
Railroad that circles the park... stops at Frontierland and Tomorrowland. Has the Grand Canyon and Primeval World dioramas from DL.

Adventureland
Tortuga
-Pirates of The Caribbean
This 'aint your typical Pirates. Basically the same layout... with all the classic scenes. However, a few more movie characters and aspects will be added. But the big change.... a live guide. Your guide is an unofficial "swamp tour expert" who is taking you out onto the bayous where Pirates once roamed. Then, a warning from Tia Dalma (shes still alive) and a mystic waterfall transports you back in time to the days of Pirates. Then, Davy Jones appears in a wave of mist foreboding you of your future journey. You first pass a small island, where a live Jack Sparrow stands, marooned by his first mate Barbossa. Jack interacts with the host, and dares the host to leave the boat. The host accepts, where Sparrow hijacks the ship at gunpoint. Then, Jack takes you through the classic ride, interacting with classic characters, as well as the new characters. You see Barbossa, who is sacking a fort on the Black Pearl, threaten the ship with a cannon. Sparrow fires a shot at Barbossa and the captain retreats. You pass through a burning blacksmith shop, where Will Turner fights a drunken pirate. You also pass the Governors Mansion, where Pintel and Regetti are harassing a certain Elizabeth Swann. Mr. Gibbs takes a nap. Eventually, you reach the end of the ride, where the treasure room comes into sight. Jack, enticed by the treasure, leaves the boat bidding the riders farwell as they make their way through a pitch black lagoon. A light is seen up ahead.... it's Tia Dalma, in a dinghy with the host! The host reboards the ship and Tia Dalma sends the guests back to present day. The ride ends with an AA Jack the Monkey who drops from the ceiling, suprising the guests. The boats head back to the dock and the ride ends.

Deep Jungle
-Jungle River Expeditions
Jungle Cruise meets Jaws. Basically a journey through a forgotten river deep in the jungle, where the boat is constantly being harassed by the worlds largest crocodile.

-Simba's Journey
A dark ride, similar to Little Mermaid's Voyage, which retells the story of the Lion King through the movies great characters and music.

Kaiju Isle
-King Kong Encounter
Basically an AA show. But awesomer. Scientists have captured Kong and are showing him off at a large amphitheater. The scientists explain certain aspects of Kong, etc.... but not for long. Kong breaks free from his chains, and knocks out the power. So, you're currently in pitch black dark. Kong roars and screams are heard. Then, a large crash is heard. Kong has escaped! The lights come back on to reveal a large hole in the wall. The scientists explain that they have to get the guests out. They go through the hole in the wall, supposedly to reach a secret exit. The guests first have to walk through a dark jungle, however, where various eerie sounds are heard. We finally reach the exit, where one of the scientists directs us to the exit. The other scientist walks back to see if there is anyone left, and as we exit we hear his screams as Kong grabs him.

-Godzilla Attack
Similar to the Backlot Tram Tour, scientists of Kaiju Isle are taking guests on a tram tour to see Godzilla, the crown jewel of Kaiju Isle. The tram arrives to find Godzilla's encagement empty.... and needless to say, Godzilla attacks the tram. KUKA Arm, fire effects, and other special effects make this experience as realistic as possible.

I might change scientists to explorers from Kaiju Isle because scientists dont really fit...

figmntal95

Original Poster
I like these concepts. But, there is only one problem: King Kong, and Godzilla are Universal properties, not Disney.

Thank you, but you are incorrect. King Kong, as it stands, currently is listed in the public domain. Godzilla is property of Toho Studios, a Japanese film company.

figmntal95

Original Poster
Also, notice that this is not necessarily a Disney Resort. That's why it's listed as a "Theme Park Resort".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom