Trip Report The Texas Ranger, The Beast, and We "started the fireworks": A trip of firsts!

Wow, this was a trip of many first for our happy little family. We have been to WDW numerous times, but this one was different, very different, in very many ways, and all good.

Let's start with the WHO:
myself, Debbie, known as Cee Gee to the grandsons.

CeeGee=Crazy Grandmom. According to my loving daughter, the boys have a normal grandmother (the other one apparently) and a crazy one......

12920344_1169082596435490_4994370373654001388_n.jpg

which I would deeply resent if it weren't true, but that's another story.

Then there are the boys, Hunter (7) Logan (5) and Nicholas (3)

12718006_10209473018812611_3177715825415552226_n.jpg

Always noisy and crazy when they are together.

And then their parents: my daughter Nicole

IMG_6740.JPG

and her husband Steven.

MK_ENTR_7073475628.jpeg

And they call ME the crazy one!!!

The when- April 8-16, 2016

And the where- our first new first- Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort.

13092081_1189803227696760_4202316929490711810_n.jpg

13043645_1189803214363428_310690638295020830_n.jpg

We have never stayed off property before. It was a big risk for us, we know disney properties and love them, but this place seemed so cool, we wanted to try. And for the 6 of us Disney properties require either 2 rooms or a suite, that gets expensive. So we bit the bullet, chewed our nails, and booked an off-property resort. When the real report starts I'll tell you if we were happy or not.

so more tomorrow......................

docdebbi

Original Poster
So after stuffing ourselves silly, off we went to Haunted Mansion. The ride got stuck so I fiddled with the camera and tried to get some shots.

DSC02422.JPG

DSC02425.JPG

DSC02436.JPG

Boys were not in the mood for looking at the camera, getting those three to be looking at the same time is like herding cats. They're always up to something together. And it starts with the planning.....

DSC02442.JPG

Then it was time for Tom Sawyer Island. Why is it always 120 degrees in the shade on the day we do the island? Well, maybe it was only 90, but when you're chasing these guys up and down hills, through caves and over bridges, it sure feels like 120.

DSC02443.JPG

Think one is beginning to tucker out, good, just like us old folks

DSC02447.JPG

DSC02449.JPG

DSC02450.JPG

Never too busy for a game of checkers.
But the rules by which Hunter plays bear no relationship to the real rules. I believe he was trying to explain to me why HIS piece is allowed to land on any square it wants, but mine can't.

DSC02454.JPG

docdebbi

Original Poster
There is something very demented about our family, so I've taught the boys to hang out in the fort and wait for the people on Big Thunder Mountain to go by ....and then SHOOT them.

DSC02456.JPG

DSC02459.JPG

DSC02461.JPG

So after killing enough innocent tourists, time for short rest

DSC02465.JPG

some water (praise God for those cold water fountains at the fort) and the long hike back to civilization.

Our first activity back in the world? Why, the belated trip on Winnie the Pooh of course. Can't bug out on Winnie, especially not the queue. I think the boys would be ok with just going and playing in the queue and leaving,

DSC02468.JPG

DSC02470.JPG

DSC02472.JPG

but not Nicole. She does love the ride.
Not sure what was going on, but Nicholas does not look too happy. Probably made him leave the queue. And that boy does have a temper, but the sweetest smile on the planet to melt your heart and make you forget.

DSC02476.JPG

Now another confession, we are not big ones for standing in line to meet the characters. But the kids do get excited when they see them. There's more than one way to get your picture with the characters.

DSC02473.JPG

docdebbi

Original Poster
So having finished up Liberty Square, it was over to Tomorrowland.

Another trip on the Wedway people mover. Obviously Nicole's love of this ride wore off on her kids, they just chill and relax and enjoy.

DSC02483.JPG

DSC02484.JPG

and then Buzz Lightyear.
Trip 1

MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_7656744345.jpeg

MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_7656746863.jpeg

MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_7656747547.jpeg

I call foul! Anyone else notice a little cheating going on? Glad for pictures, felt really bad that little Logan actually beat me, but the truth will out with big brother watching.

DSC02485.JPG

Then we tried to enforce a little rest time before our dinner reservation, yeah, good luck with that! But at least we tried.

Be Our Guest reservations for 6:15 coming up, and the ELP.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So glad that you were able to make it over to Tom Sawyer's Island. I love that place--real, classic Walt Disney World.

I'm off to WDW tomorrow!!

docdebbi

Original Poster
Well, finally back to writing a report. Been a little busy with a little episode of surgery for my mom this week. A little- hopefully - life saving surgery for colon cancer.

Hey guys- do your stupid colonoscopies- it's so much easier than actually taking your colon out.

Just a little public service announcement. :(

And we now return you to your previously scheduled trip report already in progress........

Last edited:

docdebbi

Original Poster
So next up was dinner at BoG. A lovely experience.
And we got the table closest to where the Beast walks back and forth, so the kids got a real close up of him multiple times.

DSC02487.JPG

The dinner was nice, but as always it's the desserts that get the kids' attention.

DSC02492.JPG

DSC02497.JPG

DSC02499.JPG

Now on the way in, it looked like the heavens were going to open up, and Dorothy and the witch would be flying by at any second. Our impression was not wrong. Part of the way through the meal, during one of the many potty breaks for the kids, Steve looked out and my oh my! A classic Disney downpour, and not a short lived one. Lasted the entire time we were in there.

The good news is, we were inside toasty warm and dry enjoying a very nice meal. The even better news? Boy does the park empty out when this happens late in the evening.

So we went to meet the Beast. Logan, still exciting at having been chosen to BE the Beast, wanted a chance to meet him alone, (read as "without my brothers").
Again, can you see the excitement on his face. He wouldn't make a good poker player.

MK_BEOURGUESTCHAR_7656887996.jpeg

As much as the Beast can show his excitement, he let Logan know that he was happy to have been portrayed by him. If you could ever consider the Beast to be "happy".

MK_BEOURGUESTCHAR_7656888002.jpeg

Finally the rest of the crew were allowed to join in.

MK_BEOURGUESTCHAR_7656888602.jpeg

We had a FP for the Electric Llight Parade, so we were really hoping that the storm would end in time for the parade to still happen. So we poncho'ed up and went out to brave the weather. We always bring dollar store ponchos as they are light to carry and cheap to dispose of afterwards. But Nic found these really cute slickers at the "Dollar or Few" store, they are shorter so the kids didn't trip on them They worked out well, will stock up on them in the future.

DSC02502.JPG

So we headed off down Main Street to the FP area.....

Last edited:

docdebbi

Original Poster
Well, apparently even the folks with FP for the parade left because the area was essentially empty. It was still stormy, although it was down to a drizzle, but forecasts did say thunderstorms in the area, guess we just got lucky that they never actually materialized.

However, they did start announcing about 20 minutes before the scheduled start that the parade may be delayed. So we were a little worried about what we were going to do with 3 rambunctious boys for maybe an hour in the confined space of the FP. Once again, God swooped in and set us up!

The little boy next to us was visiting from England, and studies KARATE. and was willing to teach our boys. The best part was they weren't totally wild running around because karate really is a study in control.

DSC02506.JPG

DSC02507.JPG

DSC02509.JPG

DSC02511.JPG

DSC02514.JPG

Finally about 2 seconds after another (maybe the fifth ) announcement that there would be a delay, we heard the magical music that said the parade was starting. Yeah, communication seemed to be lacking, but we didn't care. It was starting, and we were basically alone on Main Street.

DSC02516.JPG

DSC02519.JPG

DSC02523.JPG

DSC02518.JPG

docdebbi

Original Poster
Well, with the parade being pushed back almost 40 minutes, we all left feeling pretty tired. Some of us more so than others

DSC02528.JPG

I must say, this was the fastest we have ever gotten out of the MK. Ferry waiting right there for us, almost nobody still leaving at that point.

Thank goodness, because the kids did really need to get some sleep, and the big ones don't fall asleep until.........they hit the car. Apparently seat belts are magic, hook them and children in Disney World fall instantly asleep. Don't even need to turn the engine on......just hook the seat belts.

Next morning, we let them sleep in a little, and didn't quite make opening at Epcot. But we knew it was a late night planned so thought it was best.

And this would be our day of "WE STARTED THE FIREWORKS", completely unexpected.

Did get there by about 9:15 though!

Guess I wasn't in a picture taking mood that day, because I seem to have no pictures of Spaceship Earth, then Universe of Energy, then Great Movie ride. We always seem to get the gangster ride, not the Western. I think once in my life I had the Western, which is sooo much cooler, but today was the gangster.

Did take the time to pose for a couple photopass shots because it was Flower and Garden Festival and the topiaries are pretty neat.

EPCOT_BACKSIDE 4_7657492314.jpeg

EPCOT_BACKSIDE 4_7657492335.jpeg

EPCOT_ECROVE4_7657510808.jpeg

EPCOT_ECROVE4_7657572200.jpeg

EPCOT_MISNSPAC_7657060323.jpeg

Now here's one of my favorite's, the photographer tried desperately to get the boys to understand to pose like Buzz behind them. Comprehension skills lacking.....these are their versions of being Buzz

EPCOT_MISNSPAC_7657060325.jpeg

docdebbi

Original Poster
Next up was Test Track, were hoping to do it twice but Hunter really doesn't like it because it goes fast, and he also doesn't like "fast". So it ended up only being once.

Each kid designed a car that was pretty in keeping with their personality.

Nicholas designed one that had basically one of everything. Being a third kid he feels like he has to fight to get everything he wants, although his parents work hard to be sure everything is fair, he does have the "I have to outdo my brothers" attitude.

DSC02539.JPG

Logan wanted sparkly things

DSC02537.JPG

And Hunter helped me design a car that would go really slow, since he really believed that what he designed would affect our ride. He kept looking at the power rating and changing things to get it lower! But we were definitely up there in efficiency - LOL-

DSC02540.JPG

He did fine with the ride, wouldn't say he loved it, but did have fun until the fast part.

EPCOT_DPIRIDESYSGMTT_383281837197.jpeg

Grandmothers.....the original passenger restraint system.......

EPCOT_DPIRIDESYSGMTT_383281941353.jpeg

Last edited:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
And Hunter helped me design a car that would go really slow, since he really believed that what he designed would affect our ride. He kept looking at the power rating and changing things to get it lower! But we were definitely up there in efficiency - LOL-

I love that he wanted to make a car that would go slow. That's so sweet.

Grandmothers.....the original passenger restraint system.......

Made me LOL for real. :D

I think the automatic restraint system is automatic for any small creature in our care

You're probably right. My husband has been known to use it on me. :hilarious:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Guess I wasn't in a picture taking mood that day, because I seem to have no pictures of Spaceship Earth, then Universe of Energy, then Great Movie ride. We always seem to get the gangster ride, not the Western. I think once in my life I had the Western, which is sooo much cooler, but today was the gangster.
Did take the time to pose for a couple photopass shots because it was Flower and Garden Festival and the topiaries are pretty neat.
Hmmmm....when did the Great Movie ride move to Epcot? ;) :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom