Trip Report The Story Comes ALIVE! *COMPLETED*

Hello again, my friends.

For nearly a decade it has been such a joy for me to write about 50 (yes, 50!) different trips that I have taken to WDW - including one that was virtual. ;)

The reason? You, the reader.

I don’t do trip reports for my own documentation. I have journals for that. I write because I love interacting with y’all. Your encouragement, humor, curiosity and even snark (*ahem* @amjt660) assure me that I am not alone in my crazy affection for Disney parks. A big thanks to each of you!

I am very fortunate to be a frequent visitor to WDW (despite what @Mr Ferret 88 believes, I do not live there!) and am entering a season of monthly visits. Trip reporting is time consuming (as those of you who’ve written can attest) but I’m not ready to completely give it up - yet.

What I’d like to do is keep this as an ongoing TR for the rest of 2023. It will be highlights and moments, with live posting as the goal. My story coming alive, so to speak.

First up is spring break with my favorite girl.

AA48F088-9593-431D-9863-5A1CC9431BEF.jpeg

Followed closely by a getaway with my favorite guy.

22534EF9-828F-43F6-A922-359B962CEC72.jpeg

There will be Magician meets. New experiences. And (as always) the unexpected.

I hope you’ll join the fun!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster

Rista1313

Tuesday, con’t

After her nap Em suggested a walk through the resort grounds. The rain had cooled the air temperature and there was a slight breeze. We then rested on cushioned chairs, enjoying the scenery.

View attachment 730879

View attachment 730878

The sun got stronger so we moved into the bar.

View attachment 730880

Em was interested in trying the margarita flight. From left: cucumber melon, raspberry, spicy pineapple and black cherry.

View attachment 730881

Her favorite was the “light and refreshing” raspberry. She did not care for the cucumber melon which tasted like “the pickles at Ted’s Montana Grill.”

I needed something frozen and ordered a strawberry smoothie (plastic straw courtesy of CFA.)

View attachment 730882

We lingered here awhile and discussed evening options.
I can't love this red straw more!

Minnie1986

Hello again, my friends.

For nearly a decade it has been such a joy for me to write about 50 (yes, 50!) different trips that I have taken to WDW - including one that was virtual. ;)

The reason? You, the reader.

I don’t do trip reports for my own documentation. I have journals for that. I write because I love interacting with y’all. Your encouragement, humor, curiosity and even snark (*ahem* @amjt660) assure me that I am not alone in my crazy affection for Disney parks. A big thanks to each of you!

I am very fortunate to be a frequent visitor to WDW (despite what @Mr Ferret 88 believes, I do not live there!) and am entering a season of monthly visits. Trip reporting is time consuming (as those of you who’ve written can attest) but I’m not ready to completely give it up - yet.

What I’d like to do is keep this as an ongoing TR for the rest of 2023. It will be highlights and moments, with live posting as the goal. My story coming alive, so to speak.

First up is spring break with my favorite girl.

View attachment 706382

Followed closely by a getaway with my favorite guy.

View attachment 706383

There will be Magician meets. New experiences. And (as always) the unexpected.

I hope you’ll join the fun!
Oh, how I love your trip reports!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
@Minnie1986

Virtual Boarding Groups (currently Guardians of the Galaxy:Cosmic Rewind and TRON) are accessed through the My Disney Experience app and appear on the Home Screen. They “open” at 7am and again at 1pm (if you are unsuccessful scoring a Boarding Group at 7am.) It costs nothing to try for a BG - however if you want to pay for a guaranteed ride for either attraction you can purchase an Individual Lightning Lane (ILL) through Genie. The price varies daily and ILLs are not part of “included” attractions in the separately-priced Genie+.

Couldn’t figure it out. Where was dinner?
Dinner was at Via Napoli in Epcot. The “clues” were part of an inside joke from two of my prior trip reports (2022.)

Minnie1986

@Minnie1986

Virtual Boarding Groups (currently Guardians of the Galaxy:Cosmic Rewind and TRON) are accessed through the My Disney Experience app and appear on the Home Screen. They “open” at 7am and again at 1pm (if you are unsuccessful scoring a Boarding Group at 7am.) It costs nothing to try for a BG - however if you want to pay for a guaranteed ride for either attraction you can purchase an Individual Lightning Lane (ILL) through Genie. The price varies daily and ILLs are not part of “included” attractions in the separately-priced Genie+.

Dinner was at Via Napoli in Epcot. The “clues” were part of an inside joke from two of my prior trip reports (2022.)
It dawned on me this morning lol

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Trip # 6

Who:
Tuvalu and Woody

What: The Last One

Why: Woody’s request

When: Sunday, August 27 - Sunday, September 3, 2023

Where: Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

IMG_6149.jpeg

IMG_0649.jpeg

and Disney’s Gran Destino Tower at Coronado Springs Resort

IMG_7148.jpeg

IMG_7159.jpeg

Woody and I have taken a late August WDW vacation for many years. He enjoys going then and refers to it as “the end of summer hurrah.”

Isn’t it really hot there this time of year? Not any hotter than it is at home!

What about the risk of a tropical storm/hurricane/rain deluge? It wouldn’t be a first time experience for us!

Are you going to attend MNSSHP? I have been forbidden to purchase MNSSHP tickets ever again (see above.) To any of you with tickets for 8/29 or 9/1 - you’re welcome! 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom