Trip Report The Story Comes ALIVE! *COMPLETED*

Hello again, my friends.

For nearly a decade it has been such a joy for me to write about 50 (yes, 50!) different trips that I have taken to WDW - including one that was virtual. ;)

The reason? You, the reader.

I don’t do trip reports for my own documentation. I have journals for that. I write because I love interacting with y’all. Your encouragement, humor, curiosity and even snark (*ahem* @amjt660) assure me that I am not alone in my crazy affection for Disney parks. A big thanks to each of you!

I am very fortunate to be a frequent visitor to WDW (despite what @Mr Ferret 88 believes, I do not live there!) and am entering a season of monthly visits. Trip reporting is time consuming (as those of you who’ve written can attest) but I’m not ready to completely give it up - yet.

What I’d like to do is keep this as an ongoing TR for the rest of 2023. It will be highlights and moments, with live posting as the goal. My story coming alive, so to speak.

First up is spring break with my favorite girl.

AA48F088-9593-431D-9863-5A1CC9431BEF.jpeg

Followed closely by a getaway with my favorite guy.

22534EF9-828F-43F6-A922-359B962CEC72.jpeg

There will be Magician meets. New experiences. And (as always) the unexpected.

I hope you’ll join the fun!

lindawdw

I finally am all caught up! I loved your fun interaction of WCC!!! I’m actually going to add WCC to my itinerary for our December trip after seeing your meal and fun server! Bummer that you had to leave the pool at WL due to non-existence of thunder or lightening once again but so happy that you have another night at Coronado Springs!!! Your room looks so nice and it adds a bit of new experience to this trip! I can’t wait to see what you have planned for tonight! Safe travels home tomorrow BTW!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I finally am all caught up! I loved your fun interaction of WCC!!! I’m actually going to add WCC to my itinerary for our December trip after seeing your meal and fun server! Bummer that you had to leave the pool at WL due to non-existence of thunder or lightening once again but so happy that you have another night at Coronado Springs!!! Your room looks so nice and it adds a bit of new experience to this trip! I can’t wait to see what you have planned for tonight! Safe travels home tomorrow BTW!
Definitely request Akira!

We got home yesterday afternoon in record time. I haven't posted about Saturday night yet.

Rista1313

Wednesday, con’t

When staying at a Port Orleans resort, a boat ride to Disney Springs is a must.

View attachment 708835

But be prepared to wait. Two captains arrived late for their shift so boat departures were delayed. Em and I were fortunate that a party of 2 was needed to fill the first boat to leave after the captain was settled.

These folks weren’t as lucky. The line got even longer than when we were in it.

View attachment 708836

View attachment 708837
The CM at the Marketplace dock yelled at our captain when we docked.

“Why are you so late?!!”

She wasn’t kidding.

Em’s suggestion for dinner. Who was I to disagree?

View attachment 708838

Earl’s Club and the Holiday Turkey.

We picked up two of these zero calorie cookies (IYKYK) for later.

View attachment 708839
OK, so LUCKILY, there are a few EoS's in Las Vegas, so I have been bless with Holiday sandwiches several times since 2020!

Rista1313

Not our usual breakfast stop.

View attachment 712197

The change was for one reason only.

The Tuva Tykes have been begging for these.

View attachment 712198

Both girls thought this was the best snack EVER and could not understand why I couldn’t just run to the store to buy more. To hear their sweet voices ask for “more Buc-ees Nug-ees, please!” was the cutest thing. I couldn’t not disappoint them any longer.

But it wasn’t a completely self-sacrificial stop. The brisket and egg tacos made for a darn good morning meal.

View attachment 712199

And the least messy Buc-ees food to eat in the car!! (I’m even prepared with utensils and wet wipes, @Songbird76!)
To say I'm jealous is an understatement, Buccee's is on my bucket list!

Rista1313

Sunday, con’t

Early in the journey there were several heavy rainstorms which eventually tapered off. I was glad Woody was in the driver’s seat and not me.

Car and bodies now fueled for the last leg.

View attachment 713590

Dining at Fazoli’s was a real treat. Years ago we frequented a local franchise which is long gone. We loved the unlimited breadsticks (better than Olive Garden IMO) and the pasta/sandwich options.

Today I enjoyed baked lasagna; Woody a meatball sub. I won’t say how many breadsticks were consumed. :angelic:

View attachment 713589
We have one Fazoli's left in town, which we occasionally go. They don't bring the breadsticks around in a basket to the dining room like they used to at ours, now you have to go up to the counter and ask for more. Same for you?

Rista1313

Flower and Garden Getaway: Final Thoughts

Woody and I agree this was a vacation of highs and lows, without much middle ground. He would have preferred our days to have been steady, without the peaks and valleys. We did have fun - but next time want the roller coaster to be TRON or BTMRR, not our circumstances!

Nearly two weeks later, evidence of my fall is still apparent on my palms and right knee. Em has forbidden me to wear my newer and oh-so-comfortable(!) Tevas on our upcoming trip. I know she’s right….and as much as it pains me….I don’t want the pain of another fall.

We ending up really liking our 4th floor room. It meant we were first off the elevators. And we were far enough down the hall to avoid noise. Though we saw no fireworks, we enjoyed the people watching from our window (a pseudo balcony 😉). I wouldn’t hesitate to request a lower floor (rather than a higher floor) on my next stay.

View attachment 715493

However any future stay will not be during cheerleader/dance competitions, when Coronado Springs is a host resort. The aggravation of an overcrowded food court and buses, coupled with not being able to eat dinner at our resort, was a big negative in an otherwise lovely stay.

Ironically the cheerleaders (and their families) did not impact our time in the parks. We enjoyed low/manageable waits without having to pay the Genie.

Rain was a factor in not getting to do all we'd wanted. Astute observers may have noticed that Tuvalu did not see any fireworks this week!! :jawdrop:(Fear not, I hope to rectify this next visit.) We'd also hoped for more pool time. I want to give props (not a shout out, shouting is loud ;)) to the CMs in charge of the pool games at The Dig Site. Instead of "Cheer for your favorite attraction!" the Encanto-themed games were "Pose like Luisa" and "Mirabel's Pass the Butterfly" - both of which were blissfully quiet!

View attachment 715495

As always, it was fun to meet other Magicians. There are so many nice folks in this Trip Report forum.

Sadly I have to return my favorite souvenir of the trip.

View attachment 715496

I wouldn't have thought size 6 months would be too small for 4-month-old Tuvalad. But the Hulk baby is currently 17 lbs. Fingers crossed I can swap this for size 12 months!
Tuvalad! oh I have been gone too long! Grats on a grandson!

Last edited:

LeighM

To say I'm jealous is an understatement, Buccee's is on my bucket list!
We have one Fazoli's left in town, which we occasionally go. They don't bring the breadsticks around in a basket to the dining room like they used to at ours, now you have to go up to the counter and ask for more. Same for you?

I've never been to a Buccee's but an extremely large one is going to be built in New Kent County, Virginia so I'll be able to visit that one when traveling to visit family. And my husband always talks about Fazoli's but the one in his town closed before he could take me. I think it broke his heart LOL.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
The location where we stopped is about 2 hours from home (no more local option.) I’ve eaten there twice and both times an employee came to our table asking if we’d like more breadsticks. We were brought more hot ones on a metal tray.
Tuvalad! oh I have been gone to long! Grats on a grandson!
Thank you. He’s almost 7 months old now!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday, con’t

Our walk around Coronado Springs culminated at the restaurant we’d booked earlier for dinner.

IMG_0863.jpeg

We were glad we made an ADR, as walk-ups were given a wait time of two hours until they could be seated. It was the last night of a Girl Scouts convention and the resort was full of them. (Side note - I much preferred the Girl Scouts over the cheerleaders in April.)

A musician provided a relaxing soundtrack that added to the Southwestern ambiance.

IMG_0865.jpeg

It was our first time dining here. The left side of the menu explains the backstory.

IMG_0866.jpeg

Temporary Shirley Status. Two large groups of conventioneers had just vacated the tables around us.

IMG_0871.jpeg

The menu offerings are similar to that of La Hacienda in Epcot (@lindawdw) and include the $35 dark chocolate dessert taco. Restaurant ownership is likely the same.

We started with the chips and salsa trio (salsa roja, smokey chipotle, avocado verde) - all house made. We added a side of freshly prepared guacamole. It was a pricey app ($16) but was yummy and easily served 2-4. Em also enjoyed a margarita.

IMG_0868.jpeg

We knew the chips would be filling and decided to share an entrée. Our server commended our decision, adding that there would be more than enough food for two. We chose chicken fajitas ($29), which came with cilantro rice, black beans, street corn and six tortillas (plus garnishes.)

IMG_0869.jpeg

Everything was delicious. We made a decent dent but could not finish it all.

And because we hadn’t yet had our fill of lava cakes this trip :hilarious: we ordered another - topped with dulce de leche ice cream.

IMG_0872.jpeg

This would have been fantastic had the cake been warmed. The “lava” was a semi-soft chunk of fudge in the center, not liquified. We also could not detect the “sprinkle of cinnamon” promised in the description.

Didn’t prevent us from cleaning the plate though. :joyfull:

We waddled back to our room and stayed there for the duration. We needed to rise early for the drive home.

Final thoughts to come.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom