The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

AEfx

Isnt this "marathon" feel because attractions in disneyland and DCA are very close together?
In WDW you have to swap and jump park to park.. and moving between parks takes at least 20 minutes using their buses.

In Disneyland you can just walk right?

I think that's definitely part of it. You can easily walk between the parks there, and within the parks it takes a bit getting used to the fact that two attractions can have entrances practically right on top of each other. Much more dense. But I think some of it is also just folks who try to cram 3 weeks worth of experiences into as little time as possible at WDW. They are trying to see and do as much as they can to get as much value out of their dollar as possible, and you just don't see the majority of Disneyland folks doing that as it's not so much a "destination" in and of itself; a lot of folks are "locals" who live within a day drive, so they can always easily come back, and a lot of the traveling folks are just going to Disneyland as part of their Southern CA stay, not as the be-all/end-all of it.

doctornick

Instead Disney, the "nice guy" has cash grabs inside cash grabs.

Considering how heavily the Harry Potter experience depends on specialty merch (that you buy) and specialty food and drink (that you buy), including the interactive wands (that you buy), I don't think you can absolve Uni of not having "cash grabs".

Oh, not to mentioned the Express Pass which can be purchased for a hefty fee.

You want to cast spells? Buy a $50 wand.
You want to play Agent P or Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom? Just sign up. Here's some collectible cards to boot.

Certainly, WDW has a ton of upcharge events, which seem to be ever increasing. To me, both organizations seem just as eager to separate you from your money. The good news for consumers is that it is all option in terms of whether you want to spend that money.

misterID

Considering how heavily the Harry Potter experience depends on specialty merch (that you buy) and specialty food and drink (that you buy), including the interactive wands (that you buy), I don't think you can absolve Uni of not having "cash grabs".

You want to play Agent P or Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom? Just sign up. Here's some collectible cards to boot.

Certainly, WDW has a ton of upcharge events, which seem to be ever increasing. To me, both organizations seem just as eager to separate you from your money. The good news for consumers is that it is all option in terms of whether you want to spend that money.
That's a good point, but those wands are pretty cool, though. And the experience is pretty much an event from start to finish. I think the difference is UNI kisses you first...

Disneyhead'71

Excellent post! This has become so true and I know it's just gonna get worse. The one thing that actually upset me the most was the pricing for the extra up charge event at the Halloween parties! $100 dollars a person for a dessert party! Thats just insulting...and what's more insulting is that people r actually gonna pay this! It's just starting to get out of control it seems.
U have to wonder just how much closer they r getting to that tipping point...
If I were Disney, here is what I would do. Inside the up charge dessert party ($100), I would have 6 Platinum VIP Fireworks Viewing Boxes ($300). The VIP Box seating area has cushy couch seating for 6 people and comes with a bottle of Champagne, a plate of 6 specialty double dipped chocolate covered strawberries, and ...................an exclusive pin ONLY available with this box seat up charge inside of an up charge inside of a hard ticket event.

EPCOTCenterLover

At least Uni's approach includes many new state of the art attractions.

the.dreamfinder

If I were Disney, here is what I would do. Inside the up charge dessert party ($100), I would have 6 Platinum VIP Fireworks Viewing Boxes ($300). The VIP Box seating area has cushy couch seating for 6 people and comes with a bottle of Champagne, a plate of 6 specialty double dipped chocolate covered strawberries, and ...................an exclusive pin ONLY available with this box seat up charge inside of an up charge inside of a hard ticket event.
Speaking of which, how does La Nouba's VIP package stand up to the norm for those experiences in Vegas?

Mike S

Just got off Living with the Land and waiting for my Soarin' Fastpass. All the AA's in the rainforest room are immobile, surprisingly even worse than my ride 2 months ago where only a certain number didn't work :rolleyes: All that worked was one Crocodile bobbing out of the water. Complete shot in the dark but is there a refurb planned?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom