The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

roj2323

This kinda stuff drives me crazy, should not happen.

BvaFZ6ECAAAZoyR.jpg:large

BvaFZxyCUAAg9Ko.jpg:large

touring plans skubersky

"Tangled rest area USB port report: 12 broken, 0 working :-( "
Did they report the broken outlets to guest relations or did they just write an article complaining about it.

BrianLo

the trusty spirit already mentioned Shangai was having trouble so i take that as being correct

Yes, I'm sure someone can find the post in question faster than I can on my phone, but I recall him implying it wouldn't actually be delayed, just lots of issues. I think he even said it should be ahead of 'late 2015' as in October timeframe.

@WDW1974 definitely has the best connections in Shanghai so I'd listen to his info on this one. I'm curious what he thinks of this Marvel E-ticket in light of the Monstropolis coaster being green lit?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Did they report the broken outlets to guest relations or did they just write an article complaining about it.

So it is now the guests responsibility to inspect Disney World Parks and report that they have missed 12 different recharged stations being broken?

It is statements like this, shifting fault, blame and responsibility to guests vs expectations for Disney to inspect and maintain their parks that become mind boggling. Maybe guests should be given a broom and dust pan when they enter to ensure the parks are clean. Oy.

roj2323

So it is now the guests responsibility to inspect Disney World Parks and report that they have missed 12 different recharged stations being broken?

It is statements like this, shifting fault, blame and responsibility to guests vs expectations for Disney to inspect and maintain their parks that become mind boggling. Maybe guests should be given a broom and dust pan when they enter to ensure the parks are clean. Oy.

Things do get overlooked. No one is perfect. It has nothing to do with shifting blame. Also the park is what you make it. Helping bring attention to an issue is part of what makes disney great as you know when you do have an issue, such as non working outlets, it will be taken care of. Everything that is brought to the attention of guest relations is made note of and those notes get shared with the correct departments. At that point it's up to the department to fix or address the concern. That said, it's a fairly long chain of people to get through before action is taken so sometimes things do fall through the cracks. This is why multiple complaints are more effective than just one and still more effective than whining about it on the internet.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Never depend on USB jacks to work, always carry something like this.
I know, it's not the point of your post, but still.
MW2USB-2.jpg

ndeed. Learned that long ago when I charged my phone overnight at the Contemporary in their complementary iHome. Found out in the morning it was broken, leaving resort without my phone charged.

I now have two portable chargers, depending on how long I will be out, which one I take with me.
This one fits well into my shorts pocket with my iPhone Chic Charger It will give me 2-3 charges.
41v61tevEgL._AC_SR100,100_.jpg

$15
and then I have another one that will completely recharge phones 6 times on one charge, great if I am taking lots of photo's or if other family members want to recharge or a camera. Anker $30
310v-9Gb1KL._AA160_.jpg

What Disney needs to learn is tech needs maintenance. It needs to be part of their daily inspection routine and not counting on inconvenienced guests to shore up what they choose to overlook. Disney has always been behind in tech for guests, nothing new. Doesn't surprise me that they are having a tough time with anything that has to do with keeping their guests connected to WiFi to support MDE. Ahhhhh.

Rteetz

@WDW1974

How much of Miceage's new article is true? The construction delays in Shanghai, pushing the opening back to possibly Summer 2016?

Resort opening in phases?

Namely- this??

I'd really appreciate your input... as I tend to trust you (and your fab sense of style) a bit more than Miceage/micechat....
They also talked about frozen coming to DCA and too town being the main Star Wars place. All of this has been said by spirit. One thing I did find interesting was the monsters door coaster is supposedly on hold now while a marvel coaster is starting to be pushed through.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom