The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Stevek

I had nothing but positive experiences with FastPass+. After all the doom and gloom on this board, I was very apprehensive, but I found it balances the crowds throughout the park evenly.

I don't necessarily agree with the balancing of the park but but the actual experience of using the app on my iPhone was very easy and convenient...much more than running back and forth across the park. That being said, I did notice longer lines (than my previous 2 visits) for rides that usually had shorter lines. Of course, part of that could also be the difference in the time of year I went this time but from everything I'm reading, much of it is caused by this so called crowd balancing.

Cody5242

image.jpg

DHS Expansion?

bhg469

If you can't see both Uni parks in one day, you're not trying hard enough. I could easily take 2-3 days at Uni, but if need be, I can absolutely hit the highlights in one day, and if I'm feelin' like a high roller, purchasing Express would let me hit all the rides more than once.

Park hopper tickets are NOT a rip-off, not at Uni, and not at DLR. Some people don't want/need to see every ride in both parks - some people have favorites in each, and only a day to spend. Now a one day park hopper at WDW - that's a rip-off. Lose an hour, sometimes two moving between parks - can kill your day, especially for someone with limited time.

Uni found a way to incentivize park hopping. It's not a rip-off if people WANT it, and people WANT to see all the Harry Potter attractions in both parks. Uni's Potter strategy is unbelievably brilliant. You can bet your if Disney found a way to incentivize a ticket upsell they'd do it.

What's hilarious is that they think they have. MagicBands, only $12.95 on top of your $99 1 day ticket! And what does it get you? Um, well...uh...the convenience of having a wristband! And you can pay more to stick rubber character faces on it! It's AMAZING!

At least Uni's upsell incentive is an honest-to-God attraction, not some useless tan-line causing dongle.

EDIT: Plus, the two-park Potter experience supports the story. It puts distance between Hogwarts and London, just like in the movies. It's so insanely brilliant. It's the kind of thing I believe Walt would have championed - a premium immersive experience delivered just like the story demands. It tells a story in a way that NFL could never hope to, and never aspired to - it's a whole new level.
This time a million! A one day park hopper at Disney is a rip off but that is all the time I want to spend in that resort... Disney makes visiting multiple parks very difficult especially with how bad transportation is lately.

djlaosc

See, that's what the limits of things like this should have been. It's always good to aim high, but in this case, they aimed much higher than the normal person, or even most "fans" actually really want.

Doing ADR's by phone is awesome, especially day of. Maybe getting a "digital FP" on your phone for a few hours from now would have been as well, or maybe even have one lined up for the next day already.

But booking attractions three months out? Come on, no one asked for that.

One perfect example of this is what started happening 2 days ago...

On June 21st 2014, WDW started changing their EMH for July 13th 2014 onwards - that is giving people a whole 22 days notice.

At this point, people could have had their ADRs booked for potentially 168 days, and their FP+ for 59 days (am I correct you make FP+ for your whole stay?).

People are now having to change around hotel stays, ADRs, FP+ reservations...

What's the point of forcing people to plan months in advance, when they can change things last minute and force you to have to re-plan everything you planned months ago?

I know that things can change, but if WDW don't know how things are going to be in 6 months, why should we?

Luckily, we are only affected by 1 day (so far - there's still plenty of time left for more to change...) and because that is in December, it's not as bad as it is for those who go in just over 3 weeks... and, being based in the UK, June 21st could be a whole 2 days before they get on their flight and be affected by the changes on July 13th...

Last edited:

WDWFanDave

One perfect example of this is what started happening 2 days ago...

On June 21st 2014, WDW started changing their EMH for July 13th 2014 onwards - that is giving people a whole 22 days notice.

At this point, people could have had their ADRs booked for potentially 168 days, and their FP+ for 59 days (am I correct you make FP+ for your whole stay?).

People are now having to change around hotel stays, ADRs, FP+ reservations...

What's the point of forcing people to plan months in advance, when they can change things last minute and force you to have to re-plan everything you planned months ago?

I know that things can change, but if WDW don't know how things are going to be in 6 months, why should we?

Luckily, we are only affected by 1 day (so far - there's still plenty of time left for more to change...) and because that is in December, it's not as bad as it is for those who go in just over 3 weeks... and, being based in the UK, June 21st could be a whole 2 days before they get on their flight and be affected by the changes on July 13th, and th...
Wow, they did that quietly. What a pile of crap...late hours on Sunday at the MK are gone. One of my absolute favorite times to be there.

PhotoDave219

I trust HTF and want to believe it, but pretty much any rumor coming out of Disney within the next few weeks will be taken with a heaping spoonful of salt by me.

I'm not discounting anything he is saying… just that there's so many things being proposed and are allegedly "Greenlet"… I don't know what to believe anymore. So unless it's evidence as solid as the fast tracked frozen sing a long & fireworks, i'm not going to make any snap postings.

Hobnail Boot

I'm not discounting anything he is saying… just that there's so many things being proposed and are allegedly "Greenlet"… I don't know what to believe anymore. So unless it's evidence as solid as the fast tracked frozen sing a long & fireworks, i'm not going to make any snap postings.
Agree completely. I'm defintiely not throwing it out the window, just skeptical of whatever it is being greenlit due to the timing. Seems like ever since DA's opening has gotten closer, the rumor mill has been cranking out things faster than a prairie fire with a tail wind.

Nemo14

I'm skeptical too, given the tactics Disney has used the past week or so to steal Uni's thunder. HTF does have a pretty good track record though...

Clamman73

Wow, they did that quietly. What a pile of crap...late hours on Sunday at the MK are gone. One of my absolute favorite times to be there.
I can see now that on the wdw site and tplans that there are no EMH evening hours listed on Monday 9/29 when I'm going to be there; it still shows on the calendar here though...it was 9pm - 11pm.

Grumpy4196

I realize I am in the minority on this but I just do not see the big deal with a Cars clone coming to DHS. I would be willing to wager a fair number of WDW visitors never make it to DLR. I would also be fine with an Indy ride as well as Mystic Manor attraction in Orlando. Just my 2 cents

bhg469

I realize I am in the minority on this but I just do not see the big deal with a Cars clone coming to DHS. I would be willing to wager a fair number of WDW visitors never make it to DLR. I would also be fine with an Indy ride as well as Mystic Manor attraction in Orlando. Just my 2 cents
I would kill for mystic manor or something very close in dak. It would fit really well there, buried deep in a heavily wooded area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom