The Spirited Back Nine ...

MerlinTheGoat

With the sole exception of that droid, i'm really not reminded of the prequel trilogy at all. Then again there's not a whole lot reminding me of the originals either. This could bode either well or not so well, but something different isn't necessarily a bad thing. Not until we see more of it anyways. There's not a whole lot to go on here to come to some sort of opinion either way for me.

What tiny little footage from the new actors didn't make me roll my eyes at least, i'm surprised to see that they didn't include any footage from the original actors. I really like the flying shot at 44 seconds in, and i'm curious to see and know more about the new baddie. The lightsaber beam both looks and sounds considerably different from the traditional ones.

There was one thing I was very worried about, JJ's shaky camera style often associated with his movies. I enjoyed the Star Trek movies but detested this element about them. And unfortunately at least half of the scenes shown have this problem. I'm excited for the movie but I am not looking forward to seeing a large chunk of the movie in shaky cam.

I will say though that I never expected this trailer to be great. They aren't going to let loose all the awesome stuff for the first teaser (this barely counts as a trailer). This is actually a bit more footage than I expected from such an early trailer.

Progress.City

It's a 1 min 30 sec trailer. It's not the greatest thing I've ever seen, but I didn't expect much since the film does come out for more than a year.

Really every planet they went to had bad stuff happening or harsh climates. "Spoiler" but I thought jaba died in episode 6? There's not much left on that planet and maybe that's where luke wants to retire. It would also fit the Star Wars theme of "your destiny" since that's probably where the new cast learns about the force, just like Anikan and luke.

I would hold off on judgement as to how much it compares to TPM at least until the full length trailers and the plot synopsis.
Ok, I will try... What was that quote from Luke in ANH to Ben Kenobi...

Kenobi: "You're going to have to sell your speeder!"
Luke : "That's fine. I'm never going back to this planet!"

Then there's this dialog in RotJ between Luke and Han...

Luke: "I was born here, you know..."
Han: "You're gonna die here, you know..."

Maybe that was foreshadowing something... Oh, no!!!!!!!!!

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Ok, I will try... What was that quote from Luke in ANH to Ben Kenobi...

Kenobi: "You're going to have to sell your speeder!"
Luke : "That's fine. I'm never going back to this planet!"

Then there's this dialog in RotJ between Luke and Han...

Luke: "I was born here, you know..."
Han: "You're gonna die here, you know..."

Maybe that was foreshadowing something... Oh, no!!!!!!!!!

@Lord_Vader started a thread in the Media area here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-force-awakens.893641/
We should probably move the conversation about the movie there and talk about the influences at DHS here...

*1023*

Mike S

Thoughts on Epcot so far. Spaceship Earth as always looks fantastic before you get to the descent. Just fix that and the narration and we'll be good to go. Nemo is just in the wrong place and Imagination....... :banghead: Need I say more? Miraculously Living with the Land was a 40 minute wait. Thanks FP+.
image.jpg

Mission: SPACE Orange is currently 65. Green is 10. Universe of Energy, as much as I love it, needs an update. Got two nice pictures for ya @Soarin' Over Pgh and also Ellen and the Elasmosaurus are both still missing. Can any insiders shed some light if they know what's going on? Thanks in advance.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Missing Ellen and Elasmosaurus.
image.jpg

That's all for now. I'll see you all a little later.

bhg469

funny.. because the clone wars were very well received.

or are you a proclaimed "connoisseur" of star wars? (aka those who hate everything but the main branch, aka the main movies)
They were way too goofy. Too many young characters. It was geared towards kids and shouldn't have taken place in the same universe. It should stand on its own.

dhall

But then you have the unintentional comedy of Roker interviewing the "Constantine" cast, which is apparently ending after a 13-episode run....
Apparently, due to NBC starting it so late, there's a lot less information about ratings for the network to commit to 13 more episodes. It's supposed to have fairly decent ratings for its time period, and hasn't been formally cancelled: its first season may just be a half season.

The first few episodes were not discouraging, although there's a glut of super natural shows on right now so there may be some viewer fatigue.

Last edited:

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
I'd bet that many of the fakes are 'real' as in produced by Disney and fed to people as canary traps, ie the version seen identifies the leaker.

No doubt, corporate subterfuge is always a possibility especially in an environment with so many people interested in each and every piece of minor information.

Goofyernmost

I don't know I never really felt like the People Mover cars were crashing into each other.
Me neither and on top of that I am having a tough time even imagining how they could be. They are separated by a fairly large distance shortly after departure and don't even even get close to one another until the return. If it happened it must have happened during an unscheduled ride stop due to stupid Guests and the stupid things that they are capable of doing. I ride it every time I go to WDW, usually more than once and I have never felt any car bumping into the other so if it happened, it probably isn't something that is noticeable unless one has never ridden a theme park ride before.

Stophie

I didn't want to give more away but it is all important to the main story.
story was heavily changed because two major characters are both physically and mentally causing problems on set

Any insight as to who those major characters are? Are they part of the original cast or the newcomers? I have to admit, if it's the former, I wouldn't be surprised if you mentioned Fisher. I'm still trying to envision her playing Leia again and I'm having some difficulty doing so. I think out of the original cast, she is the one I'm worried about the most.

Goofyernmost

Any insight as to who those major characters are? Are they part of the original cast or the newcomers? I have to admit, if it's the former, I wouldn't be surprised if you mentioned Fisher. I'm still trying to envision her playing Leia again and I'm having some difficulty doing so. I think out of the original cast, she is the one I'm worried about the most.
If I had to take a guess at who this refers too, I'd have to say Harrison Ford with his broken ankle and Fisher with her cobwebby brain cells.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom