The Spirited Back Nine ...

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
These "Spirit" threads always remind me of the segment from Laugh-in where people are opening doors telling quickies and others try to add their comments. Total chaos, and quite silly. And, almost as easy to follow, but just as informative. ;)
nixon.jpg

culturenthrills

I think that Bill & Ted show is probably the best attraction in Orlando right now. This year's show was brilliant. Shame there's only another couple of days for guests to learn the secrets of the Magical Tracking Bands.

I think it is the best show they have done in years. The jokes, the plot and the writing this year was brilliant. The cast was really great too.

Goofyernmost

I totally agree! There are decorations and music throughout the park.
But the best park for Christmas spirit is definitely Dollywood. Shows are great, lights and music everywhere, and just lots of good spirit there.
I agree with that. Dollywood is intensely decorated for Christmas. That's good too, because then you don't notice that you're freezing to death while you climb cardiac hill(s). ;)

The park itself, however, didn't impress me all that much. It seemed to me that unless you are a coaster junkie, there isn't a whole lot to do or see. Just my humble opinion.

Bairstow

Well, it is a bank you're going into. Even if it's run by Goblins how exciting could the queue really be?

It needs more small details to savor, like Forbidden Journey has. The bulk of my queue time was spent in the completely unardorned exterior area, which could have used, at a minimum, the sort of theming you get at the greenhouse area at Journey. There's a couple neat moving newspapers in the penultimate hallway and a shadow scene in a frosted window; more things like that are needed.

Of course, it seems as though a lot of the interior queue/preshow experience is lost until the Gringotts Security Pass thing is properly implemented, if it ever is.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I think Gringotts is definitely an e-ticket, it just has some questionable design choices, a boring queue, and some severe pacing flaws.

Mine Train's only problem is that it's kind of short.
Oh, and those annoying photopass spotlights in your face in the evening.
I think the mine train is not only short, but lacks show scenes. Lots of riding around landscape, looking at nothing.

I wouldn't say that Gringotts queue is boring though, at least not to big HP fans. It's the best part imo.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I agree with that. Dollywood is intensely decorated for Christmas. That's good too, because then you don't notice that you're freezing to death while you climb cardiac hill(s). ;)

The park itself, however, didn't impress me all that much. It seemed to me that unless you are a coaster junkie, there isn't a whole lot to do or see. Just my humble opinion.

Agree on the attraction mix, There are a lot of coaster junkies out there I'm not one of them.

bhg469

I think the mine train is not only short, but lacks show scenes. Lots of riding around landscape, looking at nothing.

I wouldn't say that Gringotts queue is boring though, at least not to big HP fans. It's the best part imo.
I have yet to ride it and I'll have to reserve judgement but it appears that the queue is one of the more popular features of the attraction let alone the whole addition to the park. Some people even say that the elevator is very impressive as well, and really is part of the queue.

randyrut

I for one find Spirit's threads nothing short of addictive. I just got volunteered last night to host a Halloween party this weekend, but instead of doing something sensible like cleaning or grocery shopping or cooking or decorating, I'm curled up on the couch with my dog, the Cavs, and the WDWMagic forums. :)

Im a huge Lebron fan, but he looked out of sorts last night. Too much going on for him to focus on basketball.

randyrut

Not me. But you know that. But I do want to go on it another 3-4 times before definitively saying that.

I also still love UNI classics like ET (best dark ride in O-Town) and MiB and the Mummy as well as Spidey ... I really do have a problem with having to wear 3D glasses on every **** new attraction they build.

The Mummy is in my opinion the best ride at UNI, with FJ the best at IoA. They should really make more rides like the Mummy rather than making you wear glasses for everything. Although the one stop makes you think your head is gonna shoot off and roll for about a mile or so.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I have yet to ride it and I'll have to reserve judgement but it appears that the queue is one of the more popular features of the attraction let alone the whole addition to the park. Some people even say that the elevator is very impressive as well, and really is part of the queue.
I'll say this. I have yet to see one person walk into that queue and not say "wow."
As an HP, it truly immerses you and makes you feel like your in the scene from the movie.
The elevator is very well done. I was slightly disappointed in the loading area because it just wasn't as impressive as the rest of the queue line.

Now I know a few people on here will knock universal for shotty paint work on the marble columns but honestly most people won't notice it. We are a bit more critical than the average theme park guest on these boards.

bhg469

HHN has various levels of upcharge, including essentially an unlimited express pass to the front of the express line.
One could argue that HHN has more tangible offerings for them to exploit. If Disney could get away with front of the character line passes they would and it wouldnt be worth it.. An express pass to avoid standing next to a sloppy drunk college dude... Priceless.

randyrut

I wouldn't have booked the Poly because I think those prices are absurd. Hell, I think those prices at 40-50% off are absurd.

The Christmas decor is nice, but old largely. Much has been taken away from EPCOT. ... MK thinks Christmas is only celebrated on MSUSA.

But it is generally a very nice time to visit and for a first holiday visit, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself.

Well at least it will be the first time we see it, and now that you downplayed it, Ill probably enjoy it more. I would much rather someone tell me something isnt that great and then love it, than have someone tell me its the greatest thing youll ever experience and then wander around looking for the bliss. And as far as staying at the Polynesian, this is actually a step down from the Contemporary the last few years. Cant seem to get away from the comfort of the monorail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom